128 lbs GONE w/ Pics

Options
167891012»

Replies

• lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on how far you've come! What a wonderful achievement!
  • Krisy880506
    Options
    you look awesome! keep up the good work!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    OK, seriously: holy crap. Well done!!! Can't wait til I get closer to my goal. Your pix are great motivation, so thanks so much for posting.

Not too surprising that the last 15 are the hardest, but hang in there. Look how far you've come ... you're SO gonna win this thing.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    truly amazing!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You're an insiration!
  • SewJoe
    SewJoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me. I don't know you, but I am proud of you for doing this now, while you're young and you have the prime of your life ahead of you. Your husband is a hero too--why? Because he loved you and married you while you were still overweight. I know too many guys who make horrible comments about their girlfriends or wives saying things like "if my wife looked like that, I'd divorce her." This is a true statement made by a friend who I thought was a genuine person till he said that. My husband has looked at me overweight for about 20 years now, and I know it must have bothered him, but he still honored me as a person. The only difference is that when I was thin, he would very often say how pretty I looked. During my lost years (yes, my overweight years were years I lost--that is my personal feeling) hubby didn't compliment so much, and I didn't blame him; I quietly accepted this. Now I have lost 28 pounds, 1/2 way to goal and he seems genuinely happier with me and treats me like the beautiful person that he fell in love with. It's like a new relationship. Bless you and your husband for taking the high-road and achieving happiness inside yourselves, which I am sure others around you notice! :~) Jeanie
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    You look amazing! What an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing! =)
  • dtjasda777
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! I don't really have any credentials to feel like I can give you advise since i am just starting my weight loss journey but I can say something that helped my friend. When she got down to almost her goal and then got stuck, she started doing things she liked to do that were also exercise and that really helped (along with a good diet). Like she played softball on a church team, went skiing, hiking, roller skated with her kids, volunteered to help the elderly with their yard work, etc. Maybe this will help. Keep up the good work...you are an inspiration!
  • Christinamosher
    Options
    congradulations!! and thank you so much for posting!!
  • new_erin
    new_erin Posts: 8
    Options
    Gierl, you look amazing!!! Keep it up!!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    This may sound a little weird but I think you should think of them as the FIRST 15 pounds. You know, "If only I had stopped gaining weight at the first 15 pounds, this would have been so much easier."

The key to slow weight loss and a plateau near goal is to think of it as practice for maintenance. If you read any of the maintenance threads, they almost all say that maintenance is harder - no big goals to achieve, compliments slow down (after all, for how many years of your life do you want to be reminded of how much you USED to weigh?), exercise is more important, old habits keep resurfacing and have to be fought back down again.

By accepting slow weight loss, you can focus on learning how to see yourself as a regular sized person who has 15 pounds to lose. You can feel pleased when you look at yourself in the mirror. You can get used to feeling positive about yourself, your exercise and eating habits, your self-control. You can learn how to get through the rough patches that life always throws at you WITHOUT resorting to stuffing your feelings with food. AND you can enjoy losing some more weight.

So what if it 15 months to lose the last 15 pounds? You could lose them in 3 months and then gain back them all back in the next 12. Take it from someone who has. You can spend the next year being happy and healthy or you can spend it trying to fight off weight gain and feeling miserable. Take it from someone who has - more than once.

So, be happy, lose those FIRST 15 pounds and enjoy life. You've earned the right.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow! It's amazing what will happen when you believe in yourself! Thanks for sharing and for the encouragement!
  • Lydvicious
    Lydvicious Posts: 28
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing, great job!! You're such an inspiration!
  • SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB! you look great. A real motivation for me.
  • healthygirltx
    healthygirltx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • healthygirltx
    healthygirltx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Don't you love thos before and after pics??
    You're such an inspiration!
    Thank you for sharing, you look amazing!
    U GO GIRL!! u R AWESOME!
  • seasonalspice
    seasonalspice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are so adorable! You look like you've always been that small.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!