Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I only eat people

I heard we taste like chicken...
    Is that true?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian because I feel healthier doing so. I feel "cleaner" or "lighter" and my digestive system is working soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now. I get tons of protein in my diet (not of which include milk or eggs) and my sodium is lower, my calories are easier to keep in check. My daily intake of fat is lower and overall I just feel great.

my hubby and kids eat meat though and I have no problems with them doing so. Just vegetarian is the way for me. Oh and I don't miss any meat at all!! I love what I eat and the variety It offers me.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I only eat people

Is that true?

more like rattlesnake.I feel I am much more evolved than all you plant and animal eaters.I am also helping the planet because we all know there is just to many damn people.Im thinning the herd .......your welcome lol:laugh:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I was a vegetarian for a couple of years. But it definitely wasn't a healthier diet, I know it can be, but I just found myself eating tons of carbs and almost no protein. But I didn't do it for health or moral reasons I just wanted to see how long I could go without eating meat.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I only eat people

Thank you soooo much for the laugh. I really needed it today.
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I only eat people

Apples!

....apples apples apples!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I only eat people

Is that true?

more like rattlesnake.I feel I am much more evolved than all you plant and animal eaters.I am also helping the planet because we all know there is just to many damn people.Im thinning the herd .......your welcome lol:laugh:

Thanks for thinning the herd. If it weren't for all these dang humans, Green energy initiatives would have started working out by now.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    No disrespect to veggies but I eat so much Chicken I think I'm starting to grow feathers, LOL.

Also I have a question about this - do motives matter?
    I know some vegetarians that do long workouts without any pre/intra workout nutrition.
    Obviously, this is catabolic -- they are eating their own muscle. Is the aformentioned veg. Really vegetarian??
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I know some vegetarians that do long workouts without any pre/intra workout nutrition.
    Obviously, this is catabolic -- they are eating their own muscle. Is the aformentioned veg. Really vegetarian??
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sbarrett7171
    sbarrett7171 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "I was speaking perhaps too generally by saying that people can live without killing animals in the process."

The above statement is not acurate. People cannot survive without harming other animals. We are part of the food chain whether you like it or not. Animals have to die for us to survive. Whether you actively kill your own food, hire it out by buying meat at the grocery store or decide to eat only vegetables that require the killing of small animals/insects to grow and cultivate that food, we are all resposnbile for animal deaths.

If you want to reduce your impact on the death of other creatures, you need to live in the forest and eat berries and naturally growing vegetables. Otherwise the house you live in, the roads you drive on and the food you eat, result in animal deaths. Embrace it and accept it. We are part of the food chain not outside of it.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oy vey. If you absolutely cannot live without _______, that's an addiction and I feel sorry for you.

This is a stupid blanket statement to make. Could you live without sleep, water, food? NO?!?!?!? OMG you are addicted, and I feel sorry for you.

I wasn't aware that I had to specify that statement pertained to food, considering this is a thread about vegetarianism and eating habits. I'll make sure to clarify next time, in case anyone has issues with reading comprehension. :laugh:
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "Don't eat meat! You'll lose weight. It's healthier for you." :explode:

"Meat is a must and is a natural part of one's diet. It provides key nutriets, etc." :mad:

The vegetarian argument always makes me think of this scene: http://youtu.be/vqqGZBRBLcM :laugh:

I don't see why there needs to be an argument over it, period. I do what is best for me; I'm a vegan for ethical, not health-related reasons. My long-term boyfriend and all of my family are omnivores. So what? I don't force my choices on anyone else just as I wouldn't want other's lifestyle choices forced on me.

I was a vegetarian for five years previously. I can see both sides

You and a few others missed the entire point of the post.

Its a joke.

It's a hint that perhaps neither side should take it so seriously, and make it into an argument.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    LOL
    That's mean!!!! I love meat a can't leave without it but I couldn't eat an animal that I "have known"

Have you met many roosters? They can be nasty little *kitten*! :laugh:
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    why are we arguing about vegetarianism?
    i am a vegetarian and it was the best choice i ever made.
    I dont care if your not, and you shouldn't care that I am.

I don't. And I'm not caring whilst eating a big, fat NY Strip. OK, well not really, but my point is that you're right.
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    I have to wonder what happened that would make you paint millions of people with the same broad brush? Or that you feel the need to hate, disrespect and judge so much you felt the need to create a thread just to spread your hate, disrespect and judgement?
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am sitting less then 2 feet from a bear rug hung on the wall so I have no moral issues with eating meat/killing animals, but I'm not a huge fan of it myself. I do eat chicken, and the occasional steak or pork chop. I don't eat lunch mean, or fast food meats, or anything pre-made/boxed.

I do have a moral issue with people who eat other people..... :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I find that it's usually meat eaters who go on and on and try and preach to me. I never ever say to a meat eater (and nor do any veggies I know) about my opinions, but as soon as I have to mention it a meat eater will ALWAYS question it and try and preach to me. Not sure why they feel the need! Obviously not everyone is like this, but I find it's usually the meat eaters who do the preaching :frown:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL
This discussion has been closed.