Confession Time

Options

Replies

• msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I regret the Nestle crunch bar I ate the other day, mid-day... but I don't regret the 300+ calorie magnum bar I ate at about 10 pm that night. The magnum is what I REALLY wanted when I ate the crunch bar.

I think I'm gonna give up cheap register candy. They really don't taste that great when you compare them to good quality chocolate. If I'm gonna eat those empty calories, I want them to be worth it. And trust me, that Magnum was worth EVERY calorie.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    today, i logged everything and was proudly reveling in the 33 calories i had left...

but then i ate 2 cookies. and some homemade ice cream with sprinkles. and a few chips. and some cereal. and i didn't log any of it. then i remembered two little popsicles i had that i forgot to log.

the worst part? i still want another cookie.

Haha, I love this one. :)
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    1. Some days I focus so much on my sodium, that I eat less calories than I should. I've now taken sodium off my diary. :grumble:

2. I've lost 12 lbs in 40 days, and somehow don't think that's enough. :ohwell:

3. I go out to dinner EVERY Saturday, and I love it! (but I still stay under my calories) :tongue:

4. I hop on the scale every other time I'm in the gym, even though I only "weigh in" once a week. :wink:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I regret the Nestle crunch bar I ate the other day, mid-day... but I don't regret the 300+ calorie magnum bar I ate at about 10 pm that night. The magnum is what I REALLY wanted when I ate the crunch bar.

I think I'm gonna give up cheap register candy. They really don't taste that great when you compare them to good quality chocolate. If I'm gonna eat those empty calories, I want them to be worth it. And trust me, that Magnum was worth EVERY calorie.

Mmmmm Magnum bars... ::drool:: Tried my first one last week, it was the double caramel. Man, what a treat! Confessed that to hubby a couple days ago when we saw a commercial and I was so enthusiastic, he warned me to stay away from them. LOL!! I told him not to worry, I'll only get them if I can buy one at a time, a whole box would be dangerous!

I've done pretty much the same thing with candy. If I wan't chocolate, it must be dark chocolate. The Hershey kind is ok if that's all I can get my hands on but I'd rather really indulge and get the good stuff!
  • staceyschley
    Options
    I've been eating too many bagels for breakfast. Skinny bagels, none the less carbs I don't want. I am getting new appliances for the ole kitchen tomorrow. Motivation to start making a better breakfast. Other than that....I haven't walked/jogged as much this month. Too freaking hot outside. I did loads of yard work this weekend. My butt hurts. Counts for something, right?
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    3.) If I'm not already ovulating, I wear a drop of pheromone supplement to the gym. I'm an amateur evolutionary psychology nut and the extra male attention it affords me makes me push myself that much harder. Poor gym rats have no clue what hit them but they keep eye raping.

And PS...where can I get some pheromones? That sounds nice haha!

(lol, I honestly thought nobody caught that but have had a couple PMs asking. I sent you a message and will do the same for anyone else who asks)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I went out for a margarita yesterday at Chili's instead of hitting the gym.. and literally my mom and I took our margaritas and toasted our trainers by saying screw them and their crazy exercises.

Of course I was back in the gym this morning doing those crazy exercises, but it made me feel good to be a rebel for a day :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Moscato...that is all.

Ohh yes! I just discovered this stuff.. and even tho its 8 dollars a glass where I go, its a very worth it!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 quesadillas for dinner last night, with low carb tortillas but then ate some jalapeño chips with it. :frown:
    I went over my calories. (i didnt want to log it but i did ) :sad:
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Is it Friday yet?
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I don't have a food confession. I've actually done really well!! But I haven't been working out as much as I'd like to ... right now it's only one or two times a week, and I know it's not enough.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered the infinite pleasures of cheese coated cashews. Needless to say, I'll be over on calories today. It will so be worth it! :smokin:
    cheese coated cashews???? Thank god we don't have them here!!! I would be in even more of a mess than I am in now.
    BTW I LOVE this thread, it just shows how real everyone is out there and I'm going to bump it all day long just so others can realise it's ok to slip a little bit now and again!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I was running some training this morning and the people they'd booked the room from had huge bowls full of kit kats, jaffa cakes, tiffin cakes, shortbread and just about anything else.

Now usually I can avoid these things no problem but for some reason the fact that they were free sent my brain into overdrive and I had to have a kit kat (as my breakfast, so wrong)

Curse you free snacks!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Last week I ate two half gallons of ice cream, with tons of chocolate sauce and fat free whipped cream. Of course, the ice cream the slowed churned low fat, and it was light chocolate sauce, but that did me no good because my serving was HUGE. My husband even commented on how big my servings where, which is bad because he eats LARGE portions.

This week I am doing much better. :-)
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    oh and I ate three pork scratchings the other day just to prove something. I promptly felt very sick. I didn't even like them before!
    (I don't know if Americans have pork scratching. They are disgusting but a delicacy in north England!!! I definitely suggest googling it!!)
    I also don't log my alcohol calories most of the time (too ashamed, not at the time though, at the time I couldn't give a damn, does that make me a bad person?!)
    I obsess about this site and what I'm going to eat the next day.
    ~I get inwardly annoyed when good friends don't notice my weight loss ( good friends say it anyway even if you haven't lost weight. like my welsh friends) I just want to crush them!!
    I have moments when I feel pure because of all the healthiness, and feel holier than thou at those who haven't started their journey yet.
    Please don't judge me!!!!
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I make them in the microwave. It's soooo much easier than on the stove. Do you do that too?? I use a big tupperware bowl, and nothing sticks to it after I stir it all up and put it into the pan!! Takes like 5 minutes total to make!!! Like pressing the "easy button." :wink:
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I make them in the microwave. It's soooo much easier than on the stove. Do you do that too?? I use a big tupperware bowl, and nothing sticks to it after I stir it all up and put it into the pan!! Takes like 5 minutes total to make!!! Like pressing the "easy button." :wink:
    this was in response to the rice krispies!!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Ok so I think this post was some kind of message, I purged for the first time in my life today (Please don't judge) I know it was stupid. and I don't plan on doing it again.

So I'm a couple days late (just saw this thread) but *HUGS*. Lots of 'em.

No judging. Former bulimic here. One purge doesn't make you bulimic but please take good care of yourself.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am not logging the handfuls of strawberried i scarfed at the U-Pick this morning. ha! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I guess I am not logging or exercising today. I don't feel guilty but it's a bit weird. The bigger confession would be that I have avoided my paperwork all. day. long. :bigsmile: