Short People Before and After Pics Please

Options

Replies

• ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love, love this thread!!!! I am 5' (and 1/2 inch, altho my hubby laughs when I add that 1/2 in. on) and these posts have been so motivational! Maybe I can do it afterall! :smile: Being short and gaining too many extra lbs. have made me look round! Can't wait to have my own after photos to post. THANKS, LADIES! :flowerforyou:
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump.. I'm a little over the height 5' 3 3/4 however I hope to be able to post before and durings sometime.. I've only lost 11lbs but already feeling great.. Everyone looks great and very inspiring! Keep up the great work
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You all make me feel like I'm slacking with my goal weight! lol I've lost a little over 60 lbs so far. My goal was to be 125-128...you know, just in the "healthy" BMI range.
    I'll post my pictures once I hit my goal (hopefully in the next couple weeks). I started at 191 on MFP but my highest weight was 207. I'm 5' even and now weight 130.2 lbs.
    I may re-evaluate my goal once I get into the 120's.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    5'0" tall, small frame

200lbs (1998)
    Disneyland-1-1.jpg

140-145 lbs (Summer 2009)
    6016059645_83fab031ec.jpg

118 lbs (Summer 2011)
    6016057379_aeef762f3c.jpg
    s640x480.jpg
  • kbcakes
    kbcakes Posts: 84
    Options
    I'll have to see if I can find any pics of me. I am 5' 3 3/4" (I'd love to say 4" but it's probably not that true any more!), and at my heaviest was 192. I started MFP in January of this year at 189 and currently at 163. I still can't believe that I've managed to lose almost 25 pounds this year! I don't see it yet, but other people are taking notice. I'll see what I can find later.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump: you all look fab
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2" and started out at 125 pounds. I was down to 100-102 pounds at one point but gained muscle and went up to 108-110 which is where I am now.

2004_b-1-1.jpg

Between 108-110 pounds:

new-1.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg
    This is a great thread! Everyone looks amazing. This has inspired me to get off my butt and go exercise now! I want to look like you! :)
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    1May2008.jpg
    May 2008

2May2009.jpg
    May 2009

3May2011.jpg
    May 2011

I am 5'3", too!

Wow! You look great! You look 10-15 yrs younger!!
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    SW- 244lbs.
    CW- 134lbs.

ba-1.jpg

p.s. lol @ my before :laugh:

OMG!!! That can not be the same person in these pix!! You look amazing!!!
  • prettyash76
    Options
    5'2"
    SW- 244lbs.
    CW- 134lbs.

ba-1.jpg

• prettyash76
    Options
    You look awesome
    5'2"
    SW- 244lbs.
    CW- 134lbs.

ba-1.jpg

OMG!!! That can not be the same person in these pix!! You look amazing!!!
    [/quote]
  • k8wilson
    k8wilson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation!
  • Moonlight17
    Moonlight17 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everyone has inspired me so much. You showed us shorties can look fab even in the 130-140. That's like 20 pounds away for me. Thank you so much for sharing. X
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Would you guys post a day in the life of your foods and exericise routine? It would be awesome to see what you eat and do for work outs that brought all of you to where you are now!!! What incredible results!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

My primary focus was diet! On days that I did exercise I would do a tae bo routine, swim laps, or run a mile. I enjoy exercises that are disguised as something fun like outdoor activities & sports lol. I also did a couple dance-related exercises (zumba, core rhythms, etc.), all at home.

My daily intake was 1200cal, & no eating of exercise calories since my workouts weren't habitual. I ate low carb (35%)/low fat (30%)/low sodium (1500mg)/ low sugar/ high protein (35%)/ high fiber foods and limited alcohol.

B-fast- 1/2 cup FAGE 0% Greek yogurt w/ fresh blueberries & strawberries w/ a tbsp. low-fat granola (or) Pure Protein Bar (or) low sugar instant oeatmeal packet (or) 1 packet instant grits, w/ a cup of coffee & skim milk, no sugar

Snack- 100cal snack: either pre-portioned package (or) 100cals worth of fruit/veg/fat free air-popped popcorn w/ a cup of coffee & tbsp. skim milk, no sugar

Lunch- Salad w/ grilled chicken, light evoo & vinegar, (or) Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer, (or) leftovers from dinner

Snack- 100cal snack: either pre-portioned package (or) 100cals worth of fruit/veg/fat free air-popped popcorn w/ a cup of coffee & tsbp. skim milk, no sugar

Dinner- Grilled 4-8oz portion of chicken breast/salmon/lean beef/shrimp w/ side of steamed asparagus/bok choy/spinach/swiss chard/rapini/mustard greens/zucchinni/portabella mushrooms with diced fresh garlic & tsp. of evoo (or) Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer

Snack- 100 cal snack (or) Smart Ones Desserts for a treat w/ a cup of coffee & tbsp. skim milk, no sugar

:smile:

Omg u are such an inspiration for me you have lost the exact amount I want to lose and weighed in around the same I am at now. You have shown me it is possible and I know this might sound silly but thank you. Lately I've been getting discouraged and almost convinced myself I will never lose weight. But seeing you and the other wonderful short women on here brought a big smile to my face. Congratulations everyone and for those of us who are still striving to reach our goals let's get to work lol :D
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok so i am just starting my weight loss Journey at 4'8 weighing 237 and would like to be 110-100. so any other shorties starting out and shorties who have reached their goals please add I would appreciate all the motivation I can get.
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!

Im 5'2" and 154lbs need to lose 30-35lbs, hopefully will be posting my before and afters *SOON* !!

For those of you who have lost, posting up the methods you used to do so is very helpful for us so thank you!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Would you guys post a day in the life of your foods and exericise routine? It would be awesome to see what you eat and do for work outs that brought all of you to where you are now!!! What incredible results!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I have been working on losing weight for 3 years...it has gone very slow. Jan 09 ~ I weighed 171; Jan 10~ I weighed 161; Jan 11~ I weighed 145. So you can see this has been more of a life style change. I refuse to cut anything out, everything in moderation, and I allow myself to indulge every once and a while. I have slowly added in exercise, starting with running 2.5 years ago; adding in zumba and spinning 2 years ago; and in the past year I have added in Turbo Fire and heavy weight training. I pretty much workout every single day, even if it's something small, because I know when I workout I can eat more. I try to eat all of my exercise calories back (high burn days are hard). The strength training has helped cut body fat way more than I thought it ever would, it has also helped my speed when I run (used to be an 11/mile; now a 9:30/mile).

I am focusing more on how I look and feel and inches more than I am the pounds: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/katapple/view/progress-pictures-81124 <<<---before/after of 1 month @ 4lb loss

so a typical day:
    Bfast: half a whole grain/wheat bagel; 1T peanut butter, coffee with creamer (pretty much the same thing I've had every single morning for 2 years)

Snack: fruit or a protein bar

Lunch: leftovers from dinner, or a low sodium lunch meat sandwich (usually on a sandwich thin, with a slice of real cheese, red pepper, onion, and a little bit of philidelphia garlic cooking creme)

Snack: protein fruit smoothie (split with the boys)

Dinner: Usually 400 calories or less, pretty well rounded meal (tonight I'm making grilled asian chicken and veggies with a side of brown rice)

All my workouts a usually done between breakfast and my morning snack, sometimes after lunch. and sometimes I have a small snack after the kids go to bed (usually a glass of wine :tongue:)

But there you have it, might be slower than some of you would like, but this way has made me be more conscience of my choices and not revert back to old habits. Yes, I might slip up and have a bad day, but I'm always back on track with the next meal or the next day.

you can do this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I started out in May 2010 with WW. It really helped me learn about portion control. I was so obsessed about logging in my "points". The weight just started falling off and less than a year later, I had lost over 50 lbs. I have been a runner for the past 13+ years, and the weight loss has really helped with my speed & endurance. I joined MFP a few months ago to "change my routine up a bit". Not too lose any more, but to maintain my success. And the only way I will be able to do it is to account for everything that I eat. My friends all tease me...they say that I am addicted to playing WW & MFP on my I-Phone. :laugh:
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    BUMP!!

this is exactly the motivation i need :-)

awesome work shortis!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi, i lost 23llbs, im 5" 2inches i have gone from 140 to 117 :) in 4 months

25242_1402219503445_1471059237_1054348_4559203_n.jpg

NewImage-1.jpg

curious to find out how you managed to loose 23lbs in 4 months I am 5'3 and currently weight 146

Well, i did 30DS, loads of oother "home" dovds, as i dont have the time and money for the gym, ate 1200 cal deficit, walked to work and back everyday, which is 5 miles a day in total, come rain or shine. the last 2 weeks i gave up bread, pasta, potatoes and rice too, a was extremely motivated and determined. I stragely have really enjoyed the whole process, even giving up my favourite foods and cutting back a lot on alcohol! good luck x

Just to update guys <<<<<< my new profile pic, i am now 113lbs, losing another 5llbs since i posted on this thread! if anyone wants to add me for support, advice and motivation please feel free. I love the new me! jusr remember guys this is acheiveable for all of us, i have a complete ne woutlook on life and feel i can conquer anything and i know you guys can do it too xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!