PLEASE DO NOT DIVORCE ME BCOZ I'M FAT RIGHT NOW!

Options
i LOVE YOU! BUT DO YOU "LOVE" ME? Good question. Well all I can say is the same old thing that you have viewed as an "EXCUSE" for remaining a porker for the last 5 years..."CHILDBIRTH and STRESS". Why is it that we woman gain the weight to bear the children, but after pregnancy if we don't get that weight back off we loose your interest because of the bulge. Why is it that your negative comments about being "FAT NOW" cause us so much stress that we tend to adapt a lifestyle of emotional eating but you get to remain thin and sexy for the next 23 year old replacement wife. Its not fair!!! Be Supportive Please if you want me "THIN" again>

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Well thats a good way to introduce yourself
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i LOVE YOU! BUT DO YOU "LOVE" ME? Good question. Well all I can say is the same old thing that you have viewed as an "EXCUSE" for remaining a porker for the last 5 years..."CHILDBIRTH and STRESS". Why is it that we woman gain the weight to bear the children, but after pregnancy if we don't get that weight back off we loose your interest because of the bulge. Why is it that your negative comments about being "FAT NOW" cause us so much stress that we tend to adapt a lifestyle of emotional eating but you get to remain thin and sexy for the next 23 year old replacement wife. Its not fair!!! Be Supportive Please if you want me "THIN" again>

Because some guys (and girls) are insensitive *kitten*. Not all men are like that, and it is wrong for them to treat you like that. Keep your chin up!!!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I do believe this is a rant. Hello though, and welcome. I don't believe you're alone in this. You can do anything you set your mind to, but do it for YOU.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wow, um...

This might be just me... but if he doesn't love you through thick and/or thin... then he probably never truly loved you.
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    OMG - I love this post. I seriously need to send it to my... well, the man I married (:wink: ). If you think the grass is greener on the other side, try taking care of your own and see how pretty it can be...

Your post made me smile - Thank you!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    men are pigs ::hug::
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Wow, um...

This might be just me... but if he doesn't love you through thick and/or thin... then he probably never truly loved you.

Ya know, I have a huge problem with this statement.

If a woman no longer cares enough about HERSELF to stay healthy and in shape, why should she expect her man to forever love her, as she continues to be lazy about exercise and eat junk?

If you want others to love you, you need to show that you deserve that love. We are human - we don't love unconditionally, no matter how much that we want to or should.

If you aren't the same woman that a man married, and refuse to compromise on it, why should he be stuck and unhappy with it?

You need to change for YOU. Because YOU care about YOURSELF enough to want to. Not for anyone else. When you show that you care enough, and have confidence in yourself, others will see and respect and love that.

I see too many women (and men) making excuses for being left, when if they would respect themselves it maybe wouldn't have happened. I don't think its a huge secret of life that men are visually centered and attracted to a womans looks. If a woman refuses to work at looking good, ANY man will stop caring eventually.

I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm not saying that if you don't lose the weight in 6 months he should leave. I'm not sayin he would have stayed even if you had done all that. I'm saying maybe all you people need to realize men leave women for a REASON, not just because.

And no, I never left a woman because she was fat.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    I don't think anyone divorces anyone else because they get fat... that's just an excuse. A good, solid relationship doesn't collapse due to things like that. He probably was an as**ole from the beggining, and you were fooled. Sorry.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    first of all BREATH and welcome to mfp.

you have come to the right place to vent and get the help and support that you need in your weight loss journey, if i can add my own two cents it would be, are YOU ready to make a change because no matter what he says its all begins with you.

so are you ready?

if so then again welcome and add me as a friend if you need to im sure all of us here can help you, that is why we are all here:)
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Get thin. Get hot. Then get a better man.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options

True Dat!!!!!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Wow, um...

If a woman no longer cares enough about HERSELF to stay healthy and in shape, why should she expect her man to forever love her, as she continues to be lazy about exercise and eat junk?

If you want others to love you, you need to show that you deserve that love. We are human - we don't love unconditionally, no matter how much that we want to or should.

If you aren't the same woman that a man married, and refuse to compromise on it, why should he be stuck and unhappy with it?

You need to change for YOU. Because YOU care about YOURSELF enough to want to. Not for anyone else. When you show that you care enough, and have confidence in yourself, others will see and respect and love that.

I see too many women (and men) making excuses for being left, when if they would respect themselves it maybe wouldn't have happened. I don't think its a huge secret of life that men are visually centered and attracted to a womans looks. If a woman refuses to work at looking good, ANY man will stop caring eventually.

I'm not trying to be a troll. I'm not saying that if you don't lose the weight in 6 months he should leave. I'm not sayin he would have stayed even if you had done all that. I'm saying maybe all you people need to realize men leave women for a REASON, not just because.

Agreed!
  • bluemoon_2425
    Options
    :hug :hug :hug
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wow, um...

I agree with many of your points. I do believe we teach others how to treat us! If we treat ourselves with distaste and don't love ourselves it's very difficult to love another fully and accept that love back. We may think we are and that we can but truly? It's simply not possible, we have to first know self-love before we can pass it along to another.

ETA: Honestly? I'm a bit confused by the OP, am I missing part of it or was it typed quickly with hot emotion and a rant as someone suggested? :flowerforyou:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Love is not a feeling..it is a decision.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    THIS made ME laugh! I agree!
  • dvigeant
    dvigeant Posts: 10
    Options
    I completely agree. Its why I dont date them.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

True Dat!!!!!

^
    This

Don't put up with that ****!!! Make sure you're not working out to gain his approval either, workout for YOURSELF and nobody else.
  • elphalba
    elphalba Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have four children with my husband and I gained about thirty pounds in six years. (First time I'm hanging onto pregnancy weight and last baby is only a year old.) My husband still finds me attractive and weight is not an issue. I've only lost a few pounds and his response was "You look even hotter."

You're simply dealing with a jerk :/ It has nothing to do with your weight and probably everything to do with your marriage.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The powers that be in the health community do a disservice by recommending so much weight gain during pregnancy. The current guidelines are fine if you are starting off at a healthy BMI and know for a fact you plan on nursing or pumping exclusively for the first six months (and there is no way to predict which women can follow through with it). But in truth, they need to go back to the 15-23lb range for a normal uncomplicated pregnancy. Many learn the hard way and are just more cautious the next time around.

YOU know when you're fed up with yourself and are ready to drop the weight. That point varies from woman to woman. The military gives 6 months as a deadline to be under 25BMI. They wouldn't mandate that if it weren't possible for 98% of post-partum women (who are also required to workout at least 3x a week after 6 weeks). That is an example of a minimum grace period though; and it isn't without a lot of support.

Don't do it for him, do it for you. Every mom has an inner MILF. He loses his right to complain if he isn't helping the family with healthier eating choices or watching the kids so you can workout.

If he really is just being a d!ck and you see no validity to what he's saying, I third the "get hot & trade-up" mentality.