Options

Replies

• skinnyjeansandstretchmarks
    Options
    What a great thread fellow 5'11 girl here and so inspired
  • _kathleenc_
    _kathleenc_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay tall girls! Friend me if you want to loose weight together. I'm 6'0 and around 165 but ultimately want to be around 145! It's very hard to loose weight though.
  • BerryDanish
    BerryDanish Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Edit: sorry wrong post!
  • cboes83
    cboes83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I am 5'11 I am 170 lbs and looking to get back to 150 lbs like I was a couple years ago. Losing weight has always been a challenge for me 3 babies by 3 c-section and my belly is my worst. Those lower muscles I still have issues using. The area around incision is still numb 7 years after my youngest. Working them it burns so bad like I have pulled everyone. This time I'm determined to strengthen those muscle because I'm tired of the yoyo sick of never being able to go to my closest and expecting something to fit.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ksm313
    ksm313 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bump! Hope to be able to post here again by my 31st bday
  • burthdaygurl
    burthdaygurl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm making it a goal to be a future poster in this group! Just started here; I'm 5'11". On my way!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @kizmet92 looks great!

Come join us over at Equestrian Athletes http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117046-equestrian-athletes I know there are a few ladies over there that would love to hear all about your journey!
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm making it a goal to be a future poster in this group!

Ditto!! 5'10" needing to lose about #120! I love being inspired by all of you!
  • tenacioustears
    tenacioustears Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to be able to post in here in the future!! Thanks for lol the inspiration, it's amazing seeing all these tall women's transformations and really that the number on the scale is much sneakier and doesn't mean as much for us :) starting weight 243 and my goal is 190... down 6 pounds and ready to shed the rest! Thanks ladies!!
  • kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ladies,
    How did you determine what you wanted your goal weight to be? I am 6' 1". I have been obese my entire adult life, so have no clue about a goal other than wanting to be healthy. Help!!

Hi! I'm also 6' 1''. I basically took the BMI calculator and figured that the "healthy" range for me starts at 145lb, so bam! Goal weight found.

However, as I've been progressing, I'm thinking I might not have to go down that far to look the way I want to. I'm at 178 lb right now and am genuinely happy with the way I look and feel (BMI is at 22.7). I've lost 50lb so far. I also want to focus more on weight lifting and toning my arms + core.

So I guess the short of it is: pick a number and then see how you like the progress.

Edited to include a picture: On the left is at my highest weight (231 lb), the one on the right is 10 lb ago, when I hit a healthy BMI (187 lb)

dotht2fvpykl.png

thank you for posting this! I am 6'1" and was wondering if I should make my longterm goal 189 to be in the healthy range. I started at 319 and am now at 261.
  • tashadaniellexo12
    Options
    Lllll
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! And I've figured out my problem. I need to grow about 8 inches and I'll be a lot skinnier. :)
  • emma3333
    emma3333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    roxvidican wrote: »
    Hi guys :smiley: Fellow tall lady here. I've started at 224 lbs and I'm currently at 189lbs with a plan to get to 154 and see what's what. I'm 5'10", below are my progress pics (it all happened in 3 months :blush: ) Congrats to everyone on your amazing progress! :smiley:
    l4jhqaq5nju2.jpg
    s6poa97idrut.jpg
    kqvmxe2ln01g.jpg

How did you lose 30lbs in 3 months? I'm desperately trying to lose 26lbs in 10 weeks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!