Want to See What Your Fat REALLY Looks Like!?

Options

Replies

• dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wow! I see a number of differences but the big one I see is the ankle structure from those small joints having to support so much more weight. That is just incredible. I've saved this to my weight loss folder ... in case I ever need a reminder of where I was vs where I am now! Great find ... thanks for sharing!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the additional motivation.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I stopped gaining before I actually hit 200 which I came real close to doing ... and I'm only 5'1. WOW, I can't imagine what I looked like inside. What am I saying, I'm still very over weight and am sure I still look terrible inside. But it's coming off. And thanks to this post it will keep coming off. It is quite motivating and a huge eye opening!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this.
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Wow,!!!! just wow!!!!. What an eye opener. Thanks for this, I know I will be losing this weight, there is no doubt in my mind, none whats-so-ever.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I think the worst part IMO is the white globules around the heart of the 250 lb subject. Wow. I used to work for a radiology imaging company and I don't remember ever seeing a scan like that. Then again, I was a tech, not a radiology person :)
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    No wonder my IBD flair ups last longer when I am heavier!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    That was so revolting and so awesome at the same time.

It really made me rethink a ton of things. Siiiiick.

I'm freaked out by the 250 pound woman's ankles. What's that about?

The torso is nasty too...geez.

Thanks!
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is definitely some motivation for me! Thanks!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    This image will never leave my head.

:noway:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    WHAT IN THE HELL????? That is truly amazing! I don't know about you, but it makes me want to go run another 30 minutes (or 3 hours!!!!)
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    oh my............
  • Ladyiam
    Ladyiam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Talk about inspiration!
  • MicheleMauldin
    Options
    BUMP
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump wow
  • babyrabbit
    Options
    Well that just shut my mouth!!!!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    ya, whats even more disturbing than whats going on in the midsection is whats going on in the head. The overweight woman has some big, light-colored blobs in there. I wonder what that is. Fat?

No, your brain is mostly fat except for the neurons anyway. Its probably either the reason they scanned her to begin with, or totally normal and just higher contrast because of how they had to calibrate the machine to show the fat. I'm kinda leaning toward calibration, cause in the fat woman, you can see her large intestine, whereas the thin woman doesn't appear to have a digestive tract...
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the responses I'm reading from everyone. What is so disgusting here?? This is a digital diagram people... do you even know what you're looking at?? What mass hysteria... give me a break.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    And you know you wouldn't be posting these disgusted awful oh so terrible messages if this was a pic of an actual person, not digitized.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not grossed out, I think bodies are fascinating. Seeing how those joints are misaligned is a great visual - I know my knees are feeling better for losing weight and that makes me get a better picture of why. You can also see how that abdominal fat puts so much pressure on all those vital organs.
    The pale blobs in the brain will just be some of the structures that should be there (can't remember enough anatomy to name them) but I think it is probably normal, it's just a slighly different cross section to the 120 pound person.
    Thanks for posting!
  • jaerie
    jaerie Posts: 42
    Options
    Holy cow! Has anyone been the Bodies exhibits? Similar to that. What is the link to that article?

I actually WORKED for Bodies... The Exhibition at it's Mall of America location for 7 months. I was up close and personal with them every single day. You notice so much more when that's what you stare at during your day job. VERY eye opening. There is a similar type picture in the coffee table book that was in the gift shop.