JM 30DS start thurs 6/23 Who's with me?

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
Hey......anyone want to start Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred tomorrow with me? Would be great to have extra motivation to keep pushing on......who's in?

Replies

• dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am in! I bought it and life has kinda gotten in the way! I'm working out 5-6 days a week still, the 30 DS is just something extra I wanted to do at home and haven't started yet, so this will be a great motivator for me!
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    I plan on starting Monday the 27th.
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have the DVD, but find it hard to do it everyday. I need the motivation. Lets do it.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start tomorrow, but I've been procrastinating for a month now. ;-)
  • Jenniblur22
    Options
    I am in! I just started to really crack down and diet. I have done the 30ds and it works wonders!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'll try my best! I've already done one round of the shred and had amazing results. I did it every day and did 10 days of each level. I've lost my motivation of late so hope that another round of the shred will get me back on track :)
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I'm in. I don't know if I can do it every day but I will try my best!!!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Ohhhhhh...thank you all for joining me!! I am so excited! I have read so much about this and can't wait to start.......I am going to measure waist, bust, arms, legs and hips and post it cuz' I heard you lose more inches than pounds.....either way would be great to drop a size or two!! Will post 2mmrw to see how everyone is doing!! Good luck to all!!!
  • poesch77
    Options
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I started last night...man my shoulders are sore! I like to think that soreness is just an indicator of the work I did, although it will not be fun tonight when I work out again!

It is my goal to do it every day for 30 days and this weekend with be a test as I go out of town.

Good luck everyone!
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am currently midway thru this DVD and I have already lost about an inch in my waist (measuring just below my belly button) and in bust (not that I want to lose there, but it happens :wink:). One thing I have noticed is that if I do it first thing in the morning before I take my shower and get ready for work it really helps my energy level. If I don't get it done in the morning, I tend to not do it at all. Therefore, I strongly suggest getting up 30 minutes earlier than normal if it is possible for you (this gives you about 8 minutes to get your workout clothes on which you can do while the DVD is going through the phase you CANNOT skip over).

I am also doing 10 days per level - if you find that you need to take a 1-2 day break - TAKE IT and just pick up where you left off. I've read threads where people start back at day 1 because they went away for the weekend or missed days from being sore, but after level 1-day 5 I missed 3 days because of Lasik and just picked up with level 1-day 6.

Once I am done with this session - I will either do 30DS again after a week break or I will do JM Ripped in 30 so I'm excited to see the end results!!!!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am in. This is going to be my third time trying to do this. Everytime I get distracted or start making excuses. I want to finish this!!! We'll try it again!

Besides, tomorrow is my daughter's 3rd birthday. I'm doing this lifestyle change for her so what better day to kick this off :)
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I forgot one thing - I have also seen people get good results from doing this every other day as well so if you need the break in between don't push yourself...any exercise is a good thing whether it's every day or every other day!
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in too girl :+) I like to switch things up a lot, so doing this every single day will be a big challenge for me!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm going to go get it tomorrow on my way home from work
  • poesch77
    Options
    I am counting on you Sunshine to get my *kitten* on this everyday!!! I am so excited....but VERY scared of Miss Jillian!!
  • UNCTarHeelGirl
    Options
    I'm definitely in. :smile: I've read that several people only lost a few pounds doing JM 30 DS but were very successful in losing inches and toning. When I've tried to lose weight in the past, I only focused on the scale reading, but it sounds like measuring inches may be the better way to evaluate success for this. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started today though before I read this! But I'm soooo in! I need a motivator.
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    I actually started today, but I'm with you guys! I'm planning on doing it everyday and additional cardio 5 times per week. I didn't take measurements (quantifying makes me a little too obsessive) but I took pictures for before/afters in 30 days!
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I may have to do it every other b/c I get bored doing the same thing everyday.