JM 30DS start thurs 6/23 Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• kynichol21
    kynichol21 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm a day behind you but I'll stick with you until the end. The second level does have different moves. They are difficult but it will be worth it in the end. I watched all three levels before starting so I knew what to expect.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done and I'm wanting to do L2 - I really had to force myself to do today as I want to move on, even though those pesky moves at the end (the abs ones) defeat me. I can do the move separately, but it's like I've lost all co-ordination when I try to do them all together!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done....hard to do with a pounding headache but I think I sweated it away!!! LOL! Feeling discouraged tho' cuz scale is up 1.5lbs......but my arms and butt feel tighter!!! Anybody else have an increase in scale?
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done....hard to do with a pounding headache but I think I sweated it away!!! LOL! Feeling discouraged tho' cuz scale is up 1.5lbs......but my arms and butt feel tighter!!! Anybody else have an increase in scale?

Yep. Mine actually says I've gained 4, but it's that time of the month and I know am retaining water like a camel, have been horrible about my water consumption the last 4 days AND I have not been getting enough sleep as a result of kids in sports which is keeping me from even getting home until nearly 7:30, dinner by 8 (I NEVER eat this late normally), etc. I just keep telling myself "only 2 more weeks, only 2 more weeks". It's a temporary set back.

BUT! I am still dedicate to this. I did my day 5 last night at 9:30 pm, refusing to let a late evening get in the way of my success!
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    I watched all three levels before starting so I knew what to expect.

I'm afraid to do this! LOL ... I figure if I wait, it will be like opening a present on Christmas morning :)
  • poesch77
    Options

I'm afraid to do this! LOL ... I figure if I wait, it will be like opening a present on Christmas morning :)

This is exactly how I feel!
    And great to hear you are pushing yourself to stick with this even if it is late at night!!!
  • hkbonds
    hkbonds Posts: 7
    Options
    My scale told me this morning that I was up 4 pounds and I was TICKED. But...I'm not gonna let it get me down. About to start 30DS L1D2...hope I am not as sore tomorrow as I have been since Sunday night! :)
  • kynichol21
    Options

That's funny. Whatever works best for you and makes it fun.
  • poesch77
    Options
    L1D7 done...burnt 371 calories.......feeling good!
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    My scale told me this morning that I was up 4 pounds and I was TICKED. But...I'm not gonna let it get me down. About to start 30DS L1D2...hope I am not as sore tomorrow as I have been since Sunday night! :)

That happened to me too on Monday morning, 4 lbs. But yesterday I was down one and today down three, so it's just a fluxuation ... happens to us all (especially us girls). It will all even out, just give it time ;)
  • dragonflydi
    Options

Woo Hoo! My daughter has been watching me and asked last night if she could do this with me one day when I do it. :)
    I just need a bigger space to workout in if there's going to be two of us.

Have to say last night's seemed much easier ... but I also did not get my full normal workout in before hand (partial weights only, no cardio), and I thought it was why, but I still burned over 200 calories, which was more than the night before after a full workout before hand ... and more than I was expecting to see on my HRM.

I think maybe I am just 'adapting' to these specific exercises, so I'm excited to see what the calorie burn says on day 11 when we hit level 2!!
  • kynichol21
    Options

Way to stick with it thru the weight gain. I am a day behind you L1D6 and I saw a gain today as well but Im going to keep pushing. I am anxious to see the end result.
  • hkbonds
    hkbonds Posts: 7
    Options
    Ok....time to weigh/measure in!
    I've done three days (joined late) - Sunday, Tuesday and this morning. I also did 55 minutes of laps in the pool yesterday.
    Here goes nothing:

6/26/11
    Weight 210.2
    Bust 44.5
    Waist 41
    Hips 46
    Arms 13.5
    Thighs 26.5

6/30/11
    Weight 211.2
    Bust 43.5
    Waist 38.5
    Hips 45.5
    Arms 12.5
    Thighs 26.25

Loss of 5.25 inches, gain of one pound.
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I really wish I would have measured myself before I started, but I plan on taking a picture after each 10 days to see the change in my body. My boyfriend says I'm slimming down a bit, but I keep thinking he's just being encouraging.

I did L1D8 last night, so only 2 more days on level 1!! Hopefully the soreness in my arms will be gone by then :)

Haven't peeked at L2 yet, so I'm a little scared...
  • poesch77
    Options
    L1D8 done....was very tired today but pushed myself thru it....2 more days of level 1 thank god! I will be taking off sunday and monday as I will be camping...but plan on jogging around the campground!! :0) So unfortunately I will behind you guys by 2 days....poo!
  • kynichol21
    Options
    I just finished L1D7 and I'm feeling good. I am trying to push myself and do the advanced moves but that doesn't always happen. I hope everyone is staying motivated. We can do this!!!!!!
  • dragonflydi
    Options

Haven't peeked at L2 yet, so I'm a little scared...

DITTO!
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    I just finished L1D7 and I'm feeling good. I am trying to push myself and do the advanced moves but that doesn't always happen. I hope everyone is staying motivated. We can do this!!!!!!

Me too. Today is day 7 - my goal is to do at least 5 "advanced" push ups before I get to the end of level 10 since I do modified. It is the only modified move I do and I want to change that. I did however, finally make it through all the side lunge/arm lifts (to the eyeballs). Geez that one is hard for me. I tend to miss one or two reps of arms in there even while doing the legs, but last night, I did them all. Phew!
  • poesch77
    Options
    L1D9 done......one more day of level 1 then 2 days off for camping then start up level 2 on tues night......getting easier!
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    L1D9 done......one more day of level 1 then 2 days off for camping then start up level 2 on tues night......getting easier!

Woot woot! Wish I was going camping ...

I managed 3 regular push ups last night before I had to switch to my knees. Goal is 5 befor the end of level one!! AAAaaghhhh!!