TWEENERS 10/4

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    If we all drink the recomended amount of water it will be:7616 ounces!!!!!! thats our team goal to beat!!!! I know we can do it girls so start chugging!!!:laugh:

:yawn: ok, speak slowly as I'm really tired and want to double check on what the team goal is?

:blushing: Oh, duh just came to me....that's the WEEKLY goal? NOT the daily goal....I was like.....OMG...I love water but geesh, not sure I can do that much a day:laugh:
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    DUDE... and WE drink a LOT of water. no way you and i would win.

and you and i combined should drink MORE than 896 in a week.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

so you think we CAN or can't do the quota? lol:sad: :sad: :sad:

I just roughly figured out my weekly amount and it's like the lowest it would be is 2000 oz. (12 bottles at 24 oz. each x 7)

so with you and me combined...how the HECK do we win if our team goal total needs to be: 7616 oz!!!???:sad:

:sad: I wanted to set up that LIMA BEAN group challenge sooooooo bad too! LimaBeanface.jpg I know there were so many folks talking excitedly about it just earlier this week when we joined:noway: :tongue: But ya know...something about those 2 beans on the end of this pod....SCAREY!:sad:
    OMG...I need to get some sleep:noway: :yawn: :yawn:

Ok, I'll finish talking to myself here.....so the 7616 oz MUST be the total of ALL the teams combined?? Ok, I'll wake up in the morning and realized this all would have made more sense had I waited till then to post.:laugh: :laugh: :noway: :tongue:
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Just so everybody is clear on the goal I psted at the begining- The total amount of water posted was if everyone that was in the competition drank the recomended amount of 8- 8oz glasses of water per day! Now we have a few more players and so that total should go up a bit but I think we are going to blast through that total with no problem! Good job everybody of uping the water intake! :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Just so everybody is clear on the goal I psted at the begining- The total amount of water posted was if everyone that was in the competition drank the recomended amount of 8- 8oz glasses of water per day! Now we have a few more players and so that total should go up a bit but I think we are going to blast through that total with no problem! Good job everybody of uping the water intake! :drinker:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :blushing: :laugh: I understand now....so that means I can put down the water bottles and go to bed?:drinker: drinking_water.gif

Thanks for the clarification Jenn.....I may have missed it in the beginning of the thread somewhere:blushing:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

so you think we CAN or can't do the quota? lol:sad: :sad: :sad:

I just roughly figured out my weekly amount and it's like the lowest it would be is 2000 oz. (12 bottles at 24 oz. each x 7)

so with you and me combined...how the HECK do we win if our team goal total needs to be: 7616 oz!!!???:sad:

:sad: I wanted to set up that LIMA BEAN group challenge sooooooo bad too! LimaBeanface.jpg I know there were so many folks talking excitedly about it just earlier this week when we joined:noway: :tongue: But ya know...something about those 2 beans on the end of this pod....SCAREY!:sad:
    OMG...I need to get some sleep:noway: :yawn: :yawn:

Ok, I'll finish talking to myself here.....so the 7616 oz MUST be the total of ALL the teams combined?? Ok, I'll wake up in the morning and realized this all would have made more sense had I waited till then to post.:laugh: :laugh: :noway: :tongue:

You are completely nutty! And I LOVE it! You crack me up! I need lots of laughter these days. :flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    You guys are all doing great! You are really drinking that water!

I would just like to remind everyone that, while water intake is important, electrolyte balance is just as-if not more--important. The water we drink is not the only water we take in--all of the food we eat contains water as well. The less caloric it is (like fruits and veggies), the more water it contains. Since I know you're all eating a lot of veggies, you're getting a TON of water. While you're not risking serious illness since it's spaced throughout the day, you are risking losing potassium and sodium from urinating so frequently. There's really no need to drink so much water that you're urinating several times an hour, and at that point, you're doing more harm than good.

If you're drinking that much water, you need to watch your sodium and potassium levels. The RDA for sodium for the average person is 2400mg. If you engage in prolonged physical activity that causes you to sweat a lot, you'll need more than that to replenish it. The RDA for potassium is 2000 mg, and you'd need more than that as well if you're sweating hard for an hour or more a day. If you experience unusual cramping, weakness, diarrhea, or decreased urination despite the high levels of water ingested, you should decrease your water intake and increase your electrolyte intake. Chronically low electrolytes will result in serious health problems.

I don't want to ruin the fun, I am just putting this out there to keep everyone healthy! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the reminder! I do tend to forget that. I'm so glad that you posted in this thread. We love visitors! :smile:

I take in about 100oz. of water a day (maybe a little less). That's all I can do and really don't see the need to do any more. Although I've heard or read somewhere that for every 25lbs. you are overweight, you are supposed drink an additional 8oz. of water (in addition to the 64oz. that we're supposed to drink anyway) Has anyone else heard this too?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I've heard the same thing - that would put me at 69 ounces that's very do-able now that I actually calulate it. I've also heard drink 50% of your weight in ounces - so if you weigh 200 pounds that's 100 ounces for the day.

So how much is too much typically??
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    You know you've had too much water when...

You spend more time on the toilet getting rid of it than you do taking it in? :laugh:

I don't know.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I've heard the same thing - that would put me at 69 ounces that's very do-able now that I actually calulate it. I've also heard drink 50% of your weight in ounces - so if you weigh 200 pounds that's 100 ounces for the day.

I've heard the same thing... 1/2 your weight and then drink that in oz. The larger a person is of course the more water one would need to keep hydrated.

There's a number of theories out there on water drinking..... I go with what I feel my body needs....I do alot of kick butt cardio (I pick the tougher instructors who I KNOW will give us good workouts) and am always reaching for the water bottle to keep hydrated:drinker:

I'm used to drinking alot of water...it's always been my favorite beverage so regarding the peeing often part...... the frequency only comes back when I'm slacking off on my water drinking....like the Winter...it's harder for me to get as much in.....I just don't think of it as often.... I'm sure it has to do with the Summers here being so humid.

The frequent peeing should slow up for those adding in more water than what your bodies used too. Especially if you went from not drinking much to drinking the alloted amount for your body.

8-8oz-ers would NEVER be enough for me.....it makes me thristy thinkng about it!:laugh:

drinking_water.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    [/quote]

Although I've heard or read somewhere that for every 25lbs. you are overweight, you are supposed drink an additional 8oz. of water (in addition to the 64oz. that we're supposed to drink anyway) Has anyone else heard this too?
    [/quote]

I just figured that out compared to the 1/2 your weight in oz. and it comes to pretty much the same amount so there must be something to it.:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options

So I am a dummy - that would be 88 ounces for me if I add 8oz * 3 (to lose 75#) not 69

I did drink 88 yesterday-so I did it
  • monica5237
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Okay guys I am about to be off the computer for the weekend I will be able to check in the morning to see the new challange but as far as my water goes it was not as much as I wanted and I did slack some but here is my number 1056 oz of water for the week and about a million trips to the potty:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Okay guys I am about to be off the computer for the weekend I will be able to check in the morning to see the new challange but as far as my water goes it was not as much as I wanted and I did slack some but here is my number 1056 oz of water for the week and about a million trips to the potty:blushing:
    Great Job Monica!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    ok, my weeks water total in oz. is 1680 for the last 7 days.

Crystal Pistol is my partner so she'll be checking in a bit later tonight as well I imagine for our combined total :drinker: oz.

Thanks Jenn for keepin us going and going....and going...and um, ahh I gotta go....Pee:blushing: :laugh:

Later Kiddos:drinker:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't do as good as the other girls, but I did drink more water than last week, so that's a start.
    I only did 288 oz for the week. That averages about 5 glasses a day, better for me at least, and it is a start. I'll get better next week. I need to find me a good cup to use.

Chrissy is my partner. I know she did better than me.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Well I didn't do as good as the other girls, but I did drink more water than last week, so that's a start.
    I only did 288 oz for the week. That averages about 5 glasses a day, better for me at least, and it is a start. I'll get better next week. I need to find me a good cup to use.

Chrissy is my partner. I know she did better than me.

I guess we make a great pair - I only ended up with like 350 something. I missed the weekend since I didn't see the email til Monday so I'll do better this week!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    ok, my weeks water total in oz. is 1680 for the last 7 days.

Crystal Pistol is my partner so she'll be checking in a bit later tonight as well I imagine for our combined total :drinker: oz.

Thanks Jenn for keepin us going and going....and going...and um, ahh I gotta go....Pee:blushing: :laugh:

Later Kiddos:drinker:
    Ok, so I've had a few more 24oz bottles since I posted so if my weeks total is not yet recorded...keep it open and I will post again later this evening with my actual total after adding tonights water in. :drinker:

Jenn, if you've already recorded it, no worries, we can go with what I have.:flowerforyou:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    so sorry i havent posted in the past few days, have been really busy and tired with work and uni:sick:

so total water consumption for the week is ...:noway: 300ounces... is that right? :frown: am i converting it wrong? that seems too low:sad:

sorry partner monica5237:frown:

does this mean i failed the challenged?:brokenheart:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I only did 288 oz for the week.

at least you did better than me :embarassed: i only did about 200 oz for the whole week. :sad: usually i do better than that, cyberswitch (my partner) and i have agreed that we both have the same problem this week, usually we do ok with water but when we have to do it for a challenge we do horribly. :frown: atleast tomarrow is a brand new day :bigsmile: