5'8" ladies what is your goal?

Options
misskimlilac
misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
Now that I am in the healthy range I am starting to think about what my final destination will be for weight loss and when to start maintenance. I am about 154lbs now and feeling like I would love to see 140 but it may be a stretch. For those of you in maintenance where did you stop and for those still working, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My dream weight is 150 pounds but I'd be happy with 170...who am I kidding I'd be happy with 190 right about now.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 161 and dream of 154! My ultimate goal, though, is 147. I might shoot for a little lower after that depending on my body fat %, but probably not lower than 140.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started out at 190, I'm at 168 right now, and I'm shooting for 150. I'll reevaluate at that point if/when I get there, and maybe shoot for 140.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    165-175. We'll see how I feel when I get close.
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    a few years ago i got down to 150 and thought thats the weight my body looks best at, thin and fit but i still had my curves. Thats what i am aiming for
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Honestly - 180. I don't want to be tiny... and that 100 lbs is enough of a health incentive for me.
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    150 - that's where I was all throughout high school ... and I was thin. My hope is to get down to 180 and then I'll work my way down from there, but I won't obsess over it
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    125! im 136 now. im getting marry in three months. i will be be there (with fire in her eyes and wonder woman song playing LMBO)
  • lesliefm
    lesliefm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 1/2", my goal is 145. I am 44 years old. Right now I can fit into a size 8 or 10 jeans depending on the brand.
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    When I signed up I put 160 but but I'm still a long ways from that so I'll see when I get closer. 155 might achievable for my frame/build.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 3/4... does that count? Hahaha!
    My goal is 128, mostly because I am a skittle shape (think bowling pin) and I carry my weight in my thighs.. so I'd love to be smaller there and I'm almost an XS on top but still a 27 waist and size 4/5 pants! It's almost weird to look at!
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 155, but now that Im at 158, Im thinking I can/should get down to 150. The smallest Ive been in my adult life has been 150, and I really hope I can get there again!
  • billygirl519
    Options
    I would think depending on your body type 145ish would be good. thats what I used to be and what I'm aiming for now!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When I started at 194 early this year, I wanted to lose 40 pounds. When I got to 154, I was THRILLED. And while I'd be happy to stay at 154, I feel like maybe I can get to 140. Or maybe even 135. So for me, 140 is my new goal, but I won't consider my weight loss journey a failure if I can't get there.

The best I EVER looked as an adult, I was 130. I've had four kids since then, though, so I'm not sure that's possible.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and I'm shooting for 135, the weight I was when I was a track runner in high school. I have a petite frame, and I'm lanky so being thin does work for me.

Right now, I'm at 188, but started at 210.
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 145.

I take every day as it comes though, and every time I see a lower number it's a mini-victory.
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'8 and my goal is 175-164lbs, nothing smaller 164lbs would have me in a normal BMI range. In high school i had a 28inch waist with 34DD bra size, Too thin would just bring more attention to my chest.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and-a-half and at the moment, my goal is 199. I haven't been under 200 in many moons. LOL. Ideally, though, I'd like to weigh 160 or so.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and-a-half and at the moment, my goal is 199. I haven't been under 200 in many moons. LOL. Ideally, though, I'd like to weigh 160 or so.
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 5'7 and 3/4"-but-I-say-I'm-5'8" group. I'm aiming for 140, which is what I was a couple of years ago. I definitely will always have my booty though! So I think it really depends on your body type.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!