5'8" ladies what is your goal?

Options

Replies

• justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am about 5' 8.5". I am aiming for 170 right now but I will not go lower than 160. I think I looked too thin below that.
  • DCBailarin
    Options
    I'm Asian and I have a smaller frame. I really want to get to 120-25 range, but I'm hovering between 135-40 right now. I was 125 when I graduated college last year.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    The best I EVER looked as an adult, I was 130. I've had four kids since then, though, so I'm not sure that's possible.

I'm 5' 7 and currently in maintenance at 128 lbs. I have 5 kids and this is the lowest I have ever weighed in my life and also the fittest I've ever been. It is possible after having so many kids so don't give up hope!!! You look great now though!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The best I EVER looked as an adult, I was 130. I've had four kids since then, though, so I'm not sure that's possible.

I'm 5' 7 and currently in maintenance at 128 lbs. I have 5 kids and this is the lowest I have ever weighed in my life and also the fittest I've ever been. It is possible after having so many kids so don't give up hope!!! You look great now though!

Wow Clintswife.... you go girl! If I ever get to 128 with this body Frame just start digging that 6'foot hole and call the mortician. LMAO
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2" and my dream goal is a buck fifty. My grandma believes 180 would look healthier on me. I've been morbidly obese since childhood so my issue is, I don't know what looks and feels healthy. The lowest I've been is 213 and it felt absolutely amazing. I think I'll worry about picking an actual maintenance weight once I get there, but I'll just say 150 for now. As long as I find something comfortable, I should be okay!
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 134 if it converted correctly (61kg), goal is maintain my weight, last year was 123 just skinnier
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 currently 157 and looking to be 135.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am about 5' 8.5". I am aiming for 170 right now but I will not go lower than 160. I think I looked too thin below that.

Pretty much exactly the same. I'm 5"8.5 and my goal is 170lbs. I'm very curvy and I think that would be easy for me to maintain
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I'm 5"8 & 1/2

Pear or Hourglass Shaped

Would like to first get under 200! Hopefully not too far away.

Then ultimately my goal weight will be somewhere from 135-150 I think. But a lot of that just depends on how everything looks and also the muscle building will affect that too.

It would be really cool to get into a 6 or 4! The lowest I've ever been able to fit in is an 8. I'd be happy with a 6 I think ultimately. (but of course super happy right now to get anywhere near there!)
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'8" (quarter inch maybe but I say I'm 5'8"...lol). I am currently 147 and shooting for 140. I was 137 at my lightest a year ago just before I got pregnant with my 4th child. I'd be happy with 140-145 as long as I lose a lot of inches. I started lifting weights for the first time in my life so I don't know what that will do to my weight but I know it will help with the inches for sure.

I just want to fit into a bathing suit without looking like a sausage bursting from the casing! ha, ha. Feel free to add me. I could use some friends and support!!!
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Before some of you guys go and say "my goal weight is 120lbs!" you should have a physician calculate your goal weight for you. I think for our height, the goal should be between 125 and 165, but even that can be different because of different factors.

I, for example, have a large frame. Wrists are huge, elbows are huge, shoulders are broad, etc. So for me, 125 is going to make me look more anorexic than a model. It's not a realistic goal. And setting unrealistic goals is going to make you depressed or have you develop an eating disorder. Both are no-nos.

Also, we're women, not men. Take into consideration that your funbags might be adding a little bit (or a lotta bit) to your goal weight.

Additionally, consider that muscle weighs quite a bit, too. So if you plan on getting tone, you're going to put on a bit of weight. You're going to look like you're lighter than when you actually were lighter, though. So again, weight isn't everything.

Plus, if you were 306 lbs like I was, you're going to have some excess skin, which also carries some weight.

So mine's 165. And when I hit that, I'm going to a physician to evaluate. Which I guess is easy enough for me as I more-or-less live in a hospital as a nursing student anyway. But you guys should do the same. :)
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'd say it depends on your frame. I have a large frame so if I get ANYWHERE near 150, my family will plan an intervention. I'm shooting for 180.
  • sophia5_k
    sophia5_k Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think if you look good at 154 don't worry about getting to 140. I'm 5'8 and I put my goal as 140 but if I look and feel good I'll stop sooner.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i want to get to around 150 but my bf thinks ill be too thin (he likes curvy girls) so i will see when i feel healthy and fit and if i like how i look probably 165 or so is where i will end up maintaining (unless i just think i need a little more loss than i might go to 150)
  • i8yourcookie
    i8yourcookie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 150 would be great! I have 20lbs to go...
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Goal weight right now would be 200 pounds, I used to look pretty nice when I weighed that much T_T 270 right now u.u
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've no idea what my ideal weight is...I can't remember the last time I got under 200 so it's all a bit of an adventure. First goal is into healthy BMI range which is about 160, 30 something pounds to go.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Another 5'7 and 3/4" here..I lost the the 35 lbs to get to my original goal of 139. However, I have continued to lose on the stabilization phase of my plan, and I feel really great, now at 136. I am trying to balance my calories and activity and reset my target to 129 … I have very small, long bones (my wrist is less than 6 inches)… I hate lifting weights but will start working it into my routine in July… my routine is mostly adding 10-20 minute walks 3-6 times a day with some light yoga.
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    5'8" and goal weight is 154
  • carlatiger
    carlatiger Posts: 19
    Options
    This thread is fascinating, to see the range of weights we are aiming for, makes me think that body shape makes a huge difference!

I'm 5'8" and a half, I'm currently 142, aiming for 133, and I'm a pear shape, all my weight is in my bum/thighs. I think 133 will get me into a pair of size 10 (UK) trousers, as that's what I weighed the last time I could do that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!