Lose 5lbs+ in July!!! YES WE CAN

Options

Replies

• smahaney1
    smahaney1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm also in if there's still room! (This is my first challenge.)

Name/real name: smahaney1 / Sharon

Goal weight on July 30: 185

07/01:
    07/06:
    07/13:
    07/20:
    07/27:
    07/30:
  • syed19812008
    Options
    I want to be in if it's not too late:

Name/ real name: syed19812008/ syed

Goal weight on July 31st: 231

07/01: 264 (weighing in now as I won't be able to tomorrow)
    07/04:
    07/11:
    07/18:
    07/25:
    07/31:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Ok I am a huge push over and I know that July tends to be a hard month for people to stay focused. I have decided that I am adding anyone that wants to join this month. However, if you don't check in weekly after the first two missed weeks I am deleting you off the list. I hope this is a good middle ground. Hopefully everyone always checks in and we have a great base of support. For the newbies some of the group likes to check in mid-week for support. They don't worry about reporting weight but the tell everyone how the week is going. I have found that this is a really good way for all of us to support each other. If you would also like to add what you program you are doing might help us to get to know you a little better.

I started 30 Day Shred about 2 weeks ago. I also like to run when I find time away from my son.
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am in:

Here are my stats:

Goal weight on July 31st: 190
    07/01:
    07/04:
    07/11:
    07/18:
    07/25:
    07/31:
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ok I am a huge push over and I know that July tends to be a hard month for people to stay focused. I have decided that I am adding anyone that wants to join this month. However, if you don't check in weekly after the first two missed weeks I am deleting you off the list. I hope this is a good middle ground. Hopefully everyone always checks in and we have a great base of support. For the newbies some of the group likes to check in mid-week for support. They don't worry about reporting weight but the tell everyone how the week is going. I have found that this is a really good way for all of us to support each other. If you would also like to add what you program you are doing might help us to get to know you a little better.

I started 30 Day Shred about 2 weeks ago. I also like to run when I find time away from my son.

Thanks for letting me join! Do we post our weight right in this thread every week?
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options

Thanks for letting me join! Do we post our weight right in this thread every week?

Yes. You will post the first and last day of the month and every Monday during July. On Tuesday night or first thing on Wednesday morning I will post a link to a spreadsheet that will show progress for the group.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: RachVR6/Rach

Goal weight on July 30: 160

07/01:
    07/06:
    07/13:
    07/20:
    07/27:
    07/30:

I'm so ready for this! Want to see these 5.6lbs gone by the end of the month and be at an even 160 or less!! :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    Options
    I am checking in early since I will be on the road tomorrow!! Have a good and safe weekend!

Name/ real name: Mollie

Goal weight on July 31st: 329

07/01: 341
    07/04:
    07/11:
    07/18:
    07/25:
    07/31:
  • nicbeast
    nicbeast Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in for July. My goal is 185! This mini goal thing is such a great idea! Looking at it the long term goal seems impossible! Thanks for this. I'm mostly doing fewer calories to lose 1 pound a week which has been manageable. On weekends and special occasions I lighten up a bit on the restrictions, give myself a break and not beat myself up over some extra calories. (I'm still mindful...) Seems to have worked last month so I will continue with that plan for a bit. For exercise, my goal is 3 days a week for 30 minuets. Totally doable and I usually do more so it's like a bonus. I'm telling you tv shows and movies on my iPad at the gym are a lifesaver. I couldn't do it otherwise. Also, audiobooks on the iPod are wonderful! Good luck everyone!
  • ltosti
    ltosti Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie so I thought I would post on what my plan is. I started with a trainer about 6 weeks ago. I see her once a week for an hour on Monday's to do Cardio/Strength Training and then I repeat the workout on Wednesday. On Tuesday and Thursdays I do Cardio. So I work out about 4 days a week.

So far this in combination with about 1600 calories a day has been working ok for me. I haven't always stuck to my calorie goals, but I have always stuck to my workout routine.

Good luck to everyone in July and here is to reaching our mini goals! Thanks!
  • heatherlfulton
    heatherlfulton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: Heather Fulton/heatherlfulton

Goal weight on July 30: 161-5 = 156 (154 if I take my June goal into account... *sigh*)

07/01:
    07/06:
    07/13:
    07/20:
    07/27:
    07/30:
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options

So far this in combination with about 1600 calories a day has been working ok for me. I haven't always stuck to my calorie goals, but I have always stuck to my workout routine.

Isn't it strange that it's easier to work out for an hour than to stick to the calorie limit? I've never quite understood why, but it's def true.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    I'm not setting a very big loss for July. I am going to host out of state guests most of the month. But I want to be part of this so it will be easier to find you all in August. :wink: As well as have it in the back of my mind that I need to watch what I put in my mouth (as well as do as much exercise as I can) because I'm going to be accountable. Just remember... WE CAN DO THIS!!

Name/ real name: kcthatsme/Kristen

Goal weight on July 31st: 158

07/01:
    07/04:
    07/11:
    07/18:
    07/25:
    07/31:
  • Pink_Hornet
    Options
    Hi im in i havent been part of a group for a while but i need to keep motivated and ive only got 5lbs to go till i reach my goal weight so hopefully i can do it with you all in july
    Wish me luck:wink:
    Name/ real name:Crumbs

Goal weight on July 30:148lbs

07/01:153lbs
    07/06:
    07/13:
    07/20:
    07/27:
    07/30:
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Options