Moxie's Merry Band of Booty Shrinkers!! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Alright, Ladies! Today is the day! Let see some major calorie burns and get this ship movin'!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    This weekend:

Friday- bike to work (250ish)
    horseback riding (400ish)
    EA sports active (200ish)
    Packing to move! (150ish)

Saturday- shopping (150ish? all that walking?)
    horseback riding (400-500ish - LONG trail ride!!!)
    EA Sports Active (200ish)
    Interval Run (250ish)
    Packing to move! (150ish)

Sunday- Interval Run (250ish)
    horseback riding (400ish)
    EA Sports Active (200ish)
    LONG Walk (250ish)

Don't know what Monday is going to look like yet... spending Sunday afternoon through Monday on a lake with family. They have a puppy so I'll definitely be running around with him a bit. Can't promise anything beyond that yet!

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS fourth!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Alright, my 5 little outcasts! :laugh:

I have modified and uploaded our Moxie document to google docs. If anyone would like to be added to the viewing list, please let me know (and I must have your e-mail address) and I will get you added. I've already got one entry in!!:smokin:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Here is my entry for today 70 minutes for 828 Calories burned.

I plan to work out on Saturday and Sunday not sure what Monday holds but I will find something to do.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Alright, my 5 little outcasts! :laugh:

I have modified and uploaded our Moxie document to google docs. If anyone would like to be added to the viewing list, please let me know (and I must have your e-mail address) and I will get you added. I've already got one entry in!!:smokin:

abra526@yahoo.com is mine (in case you didn't already have it), I'd love to be added to the list. Maybe I can at least view this doc, even though I still can't view that darn map!
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Sounds good, Laurie!

I've got you added, Brittany!
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Based on the other teams that have reported (at this time) and what I can tell, we are in 5th out of 22 teams! Great start, Ladies!! Not bad with two that didn't report a calorie burn, a wedding & a holiday weekend looming! Steady numbers will get us there better than sprinting out of the gate. Let's keep it up!
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Today, I had a hard time getting motivated since I was not feeling well. I think I had a reaction to a couple of candles that were burning last night so it caused a sinus reaction. Not fun and I still don't feel 100%. I did manage to burn 312 calories today.
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Alright, crew! It's been a few days so I'll try to cover everything.

We are presently in third, which I believe is an amazing place to be!! We aren't the main target (or two), but we are still in the running! However, we need to bear in mind that the Vita Sana is right on our heels. :ohwell:

Yesterday was a double day, which means that we got to double the number of miles rowed. Your captain totally flaked out on you and had no idea that it was a double day until it was OVER. :embarassed: If you make me walk the plank, I understand. :indifferent:

Today, we get to kidnap a crew member from another boat. I'm voting for one of the boats in front of us. We automatically get the member with the highest calorie burn from that boat. This time we get to keep our entire crew's calorie burn (in the event that one of our own gets napped), but next time, we lose their burn. :grumble:

Additionally, this coming Friday (the 8th) is a double day, so any pre-planning to really amp up calories burns could be applied here for maximum mileage. :bigsmile:

Overall, we are doing an awesome job! We've put up a 5 digit total everyday so far, which is phenomenal!!! Given the opportunity, I'm not sure that I could've handpicked a better crew. :flowerforyou:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    bump! I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up! Will read everything when I get home!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update Captain!! I am so proud of everyone!!! I apologize that I was so busy this weekend but now this week I will have time to burn some miles for us! I plan on killing it Friday for double points!! I suggest taking the calories from a bigger guy from one of the teams in front of us because they tend to burn more.

Let's go Team Moxie!!

FYI... my email is goff0034@metnet.edu
  • ccrawshaw
    Options

FYI... my email is goff0034@metnet.edu

I presume you wanted added to the google doc. You're on there now. :happy:
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yippee!! 3rd place is fantastic! This is really motivating me to not let you guys down! This weekend I kept telling my family - I have to do something, I have to row for my team because I'm like the worst rower in the boat!

They found the whole thing MFP thing very interesting and amusing - I kept saying things like, "my friends in Kansas did this", or " I have a friend who is running this fireworks stand", or "my friends is stuck on a plane trying to get to her family".....LOL. You guys rock!

This week I'll be moving both my office to a new building (yeah!) and my sister into her new apartment (YEAH!), so I'll be logging some box carrying and shopping calories this week hopefully in addition to my normal routine.

GO MOXIE!
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Yippee!! 3rd place is fantastic! This is really motivating me to not let you guys down! This weekend I kept telling my family - I have to do something, I have to row for my team because I'm like the worst rower in the boat!

They found the whole thing MFP thing very interesting and amusing - I kept saying things like, "my friends in Kansas did this", or " I have a friend who is running this fireworks stand", or "my friends is stuck on a plane trying to get to her family".....LOL. You guys rock!

This week I'll be moving both my office to a new building (yeah!) and my sister into her new apartment (YEAH!), so I'll be logging some box carrying and shopping calories this week hopefully in addition to my normal routine.

GO MOXIE!

Love it!!! Love it all!!! Except that you are NOT the worst rower!! Look at all the boats behind us. LOL
  • LoveleeB
    Options
    Yes, I did want to be added. I kind of had to cut my post short because I was at work and had to log off quick.
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Yes, I did want to be added. I kind of had to cut my post short because I was at work and had to log off quick.

No problem. I got ya on there! If you have any questions, just ask. :smile:
  • LoveleeB
    Options
    Hello my fellow Moxie Mates! You are all doing an excellent job!! Just an FYI... not really sure if I will be able to get any workout in today... I work 8:00 AM to 4:30PM then have night class 5:30PM to 9:30 PM. :noway: eek!!
  • ccrawshaw
    Options
    Hello my fellow Moxie Mates! You are all doing an excellent job!! Just an FYI... not really sure if I will be able to get any workout in today... I work 8:00 AM to 4:30PM then have night class 5:30PM to 9:30 PM. :noway: eek!!

I remember days like that. Those are rough!!!
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Hi Everyone- I got my exercise in today but may need to take a break tomorrow. My knee is flaring up and was sore today so I might need to take it easy the next few days. I will most likely take a walk in the morning but will need to avoid the spin bike and rowing machine. I sprained my knee back in March and it has mostly heeled but is still a little sore-which is a pain. Hope to back to full strength soon.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone- I got my exercise in today but may need to take a break tomorrow. My knee is flaring up and was sore today so I might need to take it easy the next few days. I will most likely take a walk in the morning but will need to avoid the spin bike and rowing machine. I sprained my knee back in March and it has mostly heeled but is still a little sore-which is a pain. Hope to back to full strength soon.

I hope you are back to full strength soon too!

I love Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred but it is wrecking havoc on my left knee! It was a little sore Thursday, but yesterday, yikes! I could barely make it through the work out. I had to take it easy and no swimming because it was raining. So I really didn't get a big burn in yesterday. Sorry Team Moxie!

I remember now why I always do low-impact exercising like swimming/walking. We'll see how I do today, I don't want to give up 30ds!