Why are some people afraid to leave their FOOD diary open?

Options
KimberSt
KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
I don't understand why some people are afraid to leave their food diary open. I, for one, would love to see what the bigger losers are eating that may help me change my ways. I don't care how many calories you eat OR don't eat in a day. That part is your business. I just want to see maybe what I am doing wrong, if anything.

Are they afraid of criticism? Understood, but you can choose to ignore the criticism.

Sorry....just my little rant.

I'm off my soapbox now and back in my corner. ; )

Replies

• ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree! That drives me nuts!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It's closed as default I think. Maybe most don't notice.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive seen peoples food diarys get posted on the message boards just to be picked apart.Mines open now,but I closed it for awhile because I had random a**holes sending me messages about not eating my exercise calories,or eating proccesed foods,or how I shouldnt drink blah blahh blah closing it was much easier than telling each and every one of them to *kitten* off
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i donno why either. it kinda makes me mad
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Ive seen peoples food diarys get posted on the message boards just to be picked apart.Mines open now,but I closed it for awhile because I had random a**holes sending me messages about not eating my exercise calories,or eating proccesed foods,or how I shouldnt drink blah blahh blah closing it was much easier than telling each and every one of them to *kitten* off

What they said.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    mine is open, have at it. i only count calories (and quick calories at that) so there's nothing to see. it's rather boring actually. probably what works for one doesn't work for another, food wise.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally a little more private and I only let things go when I'm good and ready.

I've made some healthier choices(got rid of soda, largely) and I'm eating smaller sizes, except for dinner. However, I don't follow NEARLY all of the rules I've seen posted on here. Seriously, by some people's measurements, my body type should be way different. Except it's not. Admittedly, there still are many things I know I could be doing better. Little steps at a time.

However, I'm mostly not looking for anyone's advice anymore. At least not advice that you need to look at my diary for.

Flat out, it's really no one's business what I'm eating, unless I make it their business. So, no offense,
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Because so many people can say hurtful things when you are going thru things .......

just

there are some extremely mean and judgemental people on here that is all
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid. It's just not really anyone else's business. I don't have a weight loss ticker in my signature either.
  • mkateweis
    mkateweis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just a matter of personal choice. I keep it private because it is my diary. If I make something really yummy and low cal I share it with my friends. I also share how to change up some recipes. Other than that I guess my reasons for it is just because I am more of a private person.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options

AMEN ... it's like people think they are experts ... mine is open, for now ... we'll see how long it lasts.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    IMO, no one has a right to be mad that they don't get to see what someone else considers to be personal and private.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I can;t see yours?
    I don't understand why some people are afraid to leave their food diary open. I, for one, would love to see what the bigger losers are eating that may help me change my ways. I don't care how many calories you eat OR don't eat in a day. That part is your business. I just want to see maybe what I am doing wrong, if anything.

Are they afraid of criticism? Understood, but you can choose to ignore the criticism.

Sorry....just my little rant.

I'm off my soapbox now and back in my corner. ; )
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options

What they said.

Exactly. I'm not afraid of leaving mine open. I got tired of people being extremely rude about what was in my diary. It's my business like you said and I choose to keep it private. : )
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    i personally do it to drive people nuts
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    says the numerous people with closed diaries on this post...
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally a little more private and I only let things go when I'm good and ready.

I've made some healthier choices(got rid of soda, largely) and I'm eating smaller sizes, except for dinner. However, I don't follow NEARLY all of the rules I've seen posted on here. Seriously, by some people's measurements, my body type should be way different. Except it's not. Admittedly, there still are many things I know I could be doing better. Little steps at a time.

However, I'm mostly not looking for anyone's advice anymore. At least not advice that you need to look at my diary for.

Flat out, it's really no one's business what I'm eating, unless I make it their business. So, no offense,
    ^^^ What she said.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be closed when I first joined. Personally I don't care what others think of my food choices. This is MY lifestyle change, my exercise routine, and they are alll my chocies...so pick apart....Apparently I'm doing something right! :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Has always been open. I'm not perfect and I'm always learning and growing, so hopefully those who read it will be kind and understanding. So far, no one has ever been mean to me about what I eat (or don't eat).
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't have my food diary open because I don't want to hear about how I eat too much, I eat the same things everyday, etc. I've been criticized because I am a VERY picky eater who tends to eat the same ole things all the time. Plus, I tend to eat A LOT more than most people on this site.

I've gotten a lot of pretty rude and judgemental comments about my food diary when I allowed people access to it.

Am I embarrassed about what I eat? Nope. It works for me and honestly, that is what I care about. I don't tell other people what they should or shouldn't eat - and it seems people don't remember that same respect.

And honestly? I use my food diary for my own needs - so I can go back and look at what I've eaten if I happen to see a big increase or decrease on the scale.

I wonder why people even care if they can see it or not? I don't look at what other people eat unless they ask for advice on what they're eating. I don't go around peeking at what people eat. But, that's just me .. I guess. *shrug*