Do women prefer guys with 6pack abs?

Options

Replies

• Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Honestly, muscle men do nothing for me. I'm a sucker for strong toned arms but actually six packs turn me OFF, sorry. I like big blokes..tall, long hair, tattoos, beards, bit of a belly! :love:

mmm yes. Taller than me, tattoos, shaved heads, really angry look to em. The whole angry punkrock/skinhead look. :love:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Honestly, muscle men do nothing for me. I'm a sucker for strong toned arms but actually six packs turn me OFF, sorry. I like big blokes..tall, long hair, tattoos, beards, bit of a belly! :love:

mmm yes. Taller than me, tattoos, shaved heads, really angry look to em. The whole angry punkrock/skinhead look. :love:

Haha! Now that IS me (appearance wise), as long as you're shorter than 5'7" tall anyhow =p.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care at all. Sure, it's eye candy but at the end of the day I really don't.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    theyre not essential, but i wouldnt be disappointed if my man started working them and got a 6 pack. He had one when i first met him
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I'll second that with the long hair...although at this age, it's just nice to find a man who HAS hair ;)
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I suspect that at least some of the women here are describing the guys they are currently with rather than actual preference.
  • jtsmou
    Options
    long hair, tats, etc...
    Belly? yeah..
    not tall only 5' 9"

When women see me, they say "eww yuck" and giggle...

Women are perpetual liars, and one day I will get revenge... I am going to start a company that designs feminine health products.... very uncomfortable ones!!!!!
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like 6 packs. I don't like when you're so muscular that I can see the veins in your biceps. Just a hint of muscles is the right amount :)
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    long hair, tats, etc...
    Belly? yeah..
    not tall only 5' 9"

Women are perpetual liars, and one day I will get revenge... I am going to start a company that designs feminine health products.... very uncomfortable ones!!!!!

Aww I find that hard to believe. You don't look bad. And if you make uncomfortable feminine products, nobody will buy them and you'll go out of business? Good revenge lol. Just cheer up. :)
  • ditzee
    ditzee Posts: 49
    Options
    In high school and college. That may have been the thing. But like the others it is each persons preference. What's on the inside is more important than whats on the outside. FYI Over the years the six pack abs? I have 4 brothers that had the physique with the abs and all the girls drooled. But as they aged and slowed down on the 4-6 hour day workouts to keep them in that shape.......they went south! Yes, they now have fat where the muscles were. Think about why the six pack abs? for the girls or for you and can you continue the upkeep in your later years?
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    They can like them all they want, but prefering them is a certain set up for dissapointment! With better than 63% of us overweight or obese, there cannot be many to go around.
  • jtsmou
    Options
    long hair, tats, etc...
    Belly? yeah..
    not tall only 5' 9"

Aww I find that hard to believe. You don't look bad. And if you make uncomfortable feminine products, nobody will buy them and you'll go out of business? Good revenge lol. Just cheer up. :)

Sure they will, because they will be guaranteed to produce results in 90 days
  • jamison77
    jamison77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i no im not a girl but my advice is get a 6 pack and find out..i think girls can say all they want about prefrence but in the end they no they would take brad pit from fight club before some guy that looks like a skinny nerd or fat guy.. a six or eight pack is my goal. so try it and no that 95% of all girls love em and you when you have em.lol
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    long hair, tats, etc...
    Belly? yeah..
    not tall only 5' 9"

youre looking for the wrong sort of girls then. I think youre quite hot. You certainly dont look conventional, but you totally rock the genghis khan style
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Can't say they do it for me. I like a man who's strong but don't want a rock hard body that can't be snuggled up to! The best thing about my husband is his big strong arms and broad broad shoulders, makes being hugged by him feel like the safest place in the world,
    Can't say I'd like it if he had a flatter stomach than me either!
  • aubreywygralak
    Options
    I appreciate a great set of abs, but- it's not a necessity- far from it. I think that was the last thing I thought about when I fell into liking with my hubby. I thought even less about it when I fell in love with him. I think an emotional connection is much more relevant and lasting than any physical attachment.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm not much for a buff guy or in other words that's not what I base first impressions on. I like to see what's on the inside before I even consider what's on the outside! :smile:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    hahaha... I hear woman ooo and ahhh when it shows some guy with a ripped body coming out of the pool. A few yum yum's are thrown in there...

Ripped body, maybe, but was it you looking specifically at the abs or her? I see some AMAZING bodies here on mfp, but I'm not looking at the abs, just the overall effect.

I see the 6 pack as more of a homosocial thing: guys trying to impress guys. Just like the shoes matching the outfit... The girls doing that are out to impress the type of girls who do that, coz the guys really don't notice...
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well yes... but honestly, a guy that is ridiculously ripped is not that attractive to me. I enjoy muscle definition, but not to the extreme.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    abs are a no go for me. actually, ripped guys in general. not a huge turn on. I know it may sound crazy, but I like a guy who has a little meat on them bones. strong arms are where its at.