Team HULL YEAH!!! All hands on deck! [closed group]

Options

Replies

• Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm going to put my goals in the sheet ahead of time and make sure I reach them. I'll be sure to report what I actually do though!

EDIT: My goal this week is going to be to get us 78 miles! That's 3875 calories burned w/ volleyball, biking, ultimate frisbee, bowling and Fit to Strip!
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so here's the scoop:

Apparently we're to report our mileage everyday!! :noway:

This saturday , preferably in the morning, you'll send me your miles for Friday and I'll add 'em up and pass 'em on and we should see our boat start moving. I'm not sure yet what would be the best way for me to manage all this info....I think the easiest thing to do would be for everyone to post their daily miles on here.

I'm not sure how the other captains will keep track...I guess we'll try it out and if we find an easier way once the game gets started we can change our strategy.

Try to report your miles as early in the day as possible, or, if you're a night person, at the end of the day. Just make sure to tell me which day you're posting for (ex. Friday 10 miles). If you forget a day, just post it the next day and I'll add it to that day's miles.

Now let's get to rowing!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    We can make tickers, like the one I have in my signature for the June Move Your *kitten* challenge. You make one at tickerfactory.com. Super easy to make and update. That way you/we can see at a glance where each member is individually.

I think I missed how we're counting "miles"...is it by actual miles, or by calories burned?
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I am so confused! I can't open the link which will explain a lot to me I'm sure! And as far as posting daily here, I will be out of town for 4th of July and cannot post to forums from my iPhone.

Can someone smarten me up please?
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Silent but deadly....HULL YEAH!!!
  • kelleypf
    Options
    Sorry guys I put this on my profile but forgot to post it here. Download the spreadsheet and you enter your calories burned and it gives you the miles:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnXDx87AShdldERYOHBpd19MeWVJM0ptRzJBRnQ4VEE&hl=en_US

You can't edit it until you save it to your computer. This is what the Lee (the creator of this challenge) sent us to use.
  • kelleypf
    Options

Does this mean we're like a fart?? :laugh:
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options

We must be eating all our recommended daily fiber!
  • kelleypf
    Options

We must be eating all our recommended daily fiber!

:laugh:
  • kelleypf
    Options
    I am so confused! I can't open the link which will explain a lot to me I'm sure! And as far as posting daily here, I will be out of town for 4th of July and cannot post to forums from my iPhone.

Can someone smarten me up please?

Can you send a PM to me from your phone? Did you ever get the link to work?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Speaking of...I'll be on vacation from July 9 through July 17. I'll be on a cruise and therefore will not be posting extensively on the boards. I am going to continue to log my exercises. Kelley, do you think you would be able to find profile posts and do my miles for me during that time?
  • kelleypf
    Options
    Speaking of...I'll be on vacation from July 9 through July 17. I'll be on a cruise and therefore will not be posting extensively on the boards. I am going to continue to log my exercises. Kelley, do you think you would be able to find profile posts and do my miles for me during that time?

Really? I'll be out of town those days too in Myrtle Beach. Can't wait!!:happy: Where ya going? I can probably take care of that as long as you're logging, obviously.
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    I'm leaving from NYC and going to Nassau, Bahamas, Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos and the cruise line's private island. I am SOOOO excited!! I'll be cruising but still helping Team Hull Yeah sail around the world!! Thanks so much! I've never been to Myrtle Beach but I hear it's nice!
  • toots99
    Options

I think I missed how we're counting "miles"...is it by actual miles, or by calories burned?

I think my post got missed. :smile:

And how do you save the spreadsheet to your computer?
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    and of course my computer won't let me save it to my computer... hopefully I can get it to work on my husbands computer. We start logging on July 1, correct?
  • kelleypf
    Options

50 calories = 1 mile

The spreadsheet contains the formula to do the math for you. You enter your calories and it converts into miles, which you will then give to me.

Click download, and save it as an excel document.
  • toots99
    Options

50 calories = 1 mile

The spreadsheet contains the formula to do the math for you. You enter your calories and it converts into miles, which you will then give to me.

Click download, and save it as an excel document.

Great, thanks!

This is getting to be some work! I downloaded the spreadsheet. I don't have Excel, so i had to download a program to open the file....which promptly froze my computer. :grumble: :laugh:
  • kelleypf
    Options
    Great, thanks!

This is getting to be some work! I downloaded the spreadsheet. I don't have Excel, so i had to download a program to open the file....which promptly froze my computer. :grumble: :laugh:

Gahhh!!!! :noway:

Sorry!
  • lovetowrite73
    Options
    You should be able to download the spreadsheet and then import it into your own Google documents. No need to have Excel.
  • toots99
    Options
    You should be able to download the spreadsheet and then import it into your own Google documents. No need to have Excel.

And how do I do that?

Never mind, I think I got it! Thanks! :laugh: