Team HULL YEAH!!! All hands on deck! [closed group]

Options

Replies

• lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in, 482 calories for 9.62 miles.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Monday, 454 cals for 9.08 miles (18.16 for double). Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! :)
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Flying Monkeys has a guy that apparently burned 6133 calories yesterday....that's just crazy!
  • kelleypf
    Options
    you guys since yesterday was double miles we got a total of 451.2! Awesome job!

I'm gonna go steal that guys from flying monkeys right now!!!
  • saffir27
    saffir27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    calories 358= 7.16 miles for Tuesday
  • JoyCurl
    JoyCurl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For Monday- 626 calories = 12.52 miles
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    What did he do to burn that many calories? That seems a little on the ridiculous side...
  • kelleypf
    Options
    What did he do to burn that many calories? That seems a little on the ridiculous side...

maybe he's actually trying to row the world
  • Dornroschen
    Options

Agreed!!!
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Flying Monkeys has a guy that apparently burned 6133 calories yesterday....that's just crazy!

How is that possible?! Did he exercise ALL day? I'm still trying to figure out how people can reach 2000 cals burned. My highest since we started is just under 1000 and that was when I wasn't at work.
  • kelleypf
    Options

How is that possible?! Did he exercise ALL day? I'm still trying to figure out how people can reach 2000 cals burned. My highest since we started is just under 1000 and that was when I wasn't at work.

hahah idk I'm wondering is that was the total after he doubled it.... Speaking of, Friday is going to be another Double Miles day FYI!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the map. The Flying Monkeys are presently out in the lead, we're in 6th place.
  • Dornroschen
    Options
    Meh, I guess it's possible. Regardless, I figure if someone cheats to win this race, they're probably going to end up losing in the long run! Maybe that was a doubled count...it is possible, I guess. He could have been in a volleyball tourney or some other kind of sport's tournament. I burn 500 calories per hour playing sand volleyball.

gcprl - On the days I get to 1250, I do two hours of ultimate frisbee or an hour or so of bike riding for 850 calories burned, then I go home and do my workout video for nearly an hour for another 350 or so, then sometimes I clean my house for another couple hundred depending on how messy it is. I use an HRM on all of it to give me a good idea of how much I'm burning. My house has never been this clean!
  • GCPgirl
    Options
    Meh, I guess it's possible. Regardless, I figure if someone cheats to win this race, they're probably going to end up losing in the long run! Maybe that was a doubled count...it is possible, I guess. He could have been in a volleyball tourney or some other kind of sport's tournament. I burn 500 calories per hour playing sand volleyball.

gcprl - On the days I get to 1250, I do two hours of ultimate frisbee or an hour or so of bike riding for 850 calories burned, then I go home and do my workout video for nearly an hour for another 350 or so, then sometimes I clean my house for another couple hundred depending on how messy it is. I use an HRM on all of it to give me a good idea of how much I'm burning. My house has never been this clean!

Thanks! My vacation starts on Saturday so I'll add a lot more of walking the dog...she's going to be exhausted! Plus I plan on going kayaking on vacation. I started doing a half hour of biking everyday but upped it to a whole hour for this challege.
    In the end we are all going to look good and feel good so there is no point in lying. (But it'll feel great to win!)
  • kelleypf
    Options

I don't think I've EVER burned 1000 calories in a day! I don't have time! I cone home from work, workout for an hour, make dinner, and maybe have an hour or so to hang out with my husband before its time to go to sleep. I guess I could amp it up a little more on the weekends, and I do alot of gardening and housework then that I don't count. What's annoying is that the more weight I lose, my calorie burn seems to go down. I started doing more weight training last month and that seemed to kick it up a bit, but I can't get more than 9-10 cals/min. I'm not sure if thats average or not. I'm currently doing Turbo Fire which is really high intensity cardio, so Idk how I could get it any higher.

What's this guy's weight? If he's bigger that would explain a higher burn. My husband will burn about 1.5 to 2 times more than me in the same amount of time.
  • GCPgirl
    Options
    Tuesday, July 5th: 632 cals burned (12.64 miles)
  • Dornroschen
    Options
    Tuesday - I doubled my time playing volleyball for a total burn of 850 calories and 17 miles! Woot!
  • JenL0690
    JenL0690 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: 556cals = 11.12miles!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 5th: 365 cals = 7.3 miles