new year's resolutions: lose 5-15 pounds by labor day

Options

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Hey can I join a day late?
    I'm pretty new, I like that there is so much food info already in the system that I just have to find it. I have 4 kids under the age of 12 so I have a hard time finding time to excercise by myself, but I just got a bike and have been making the kids go riding with me at night. I have lots of baby weight hanging on that I'd like to get rid of. So this is the first challenge I've been a part of. Good luck!
    Start weight: 7/6 - 168
    7/13 -
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/3 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 150

always room for more dala. :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I need some motivation or tips from you girls. The only time I can squeeze some exercise in is in the morning at 5. I always have my alarm go off at that time, but I can never get myself out of bed. Any tips on accomplishing this?

Thanks!

i hate mornings. H. A. T. E. we are not close friends. but i started working out in the mornings with my hubby during the winter and i can now tolerate them somewhat (evil, evil mornings).

what time do you normally get up to start your day? if you normally wake up at 6, don't try to get up at 5 right away. work up (down?) to it. i started with just 10 minute earlier increments. also, i had to be IN BED by 10:30 if i wanted to force myself to get up at that ungodly hour in the morning and not want to curse my husband to h-e-double-hockey-sticks. :) also do something that you love for exercise. i will not get up early for an exercise video. i just won't. but i will get up early to run.

might be dumb but make yourself a sticker chart, just like when you were a kid. if you get up, you get a sticker. if you don't, no sticker for you. after a certain number of stickers, it's prize-time.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You have to love what you are doing in order to get out of bed for it. The only thing that gets me out of bed is Zumba.
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips girls! I just may try the sticker thing. I need to get up by 6:30 to get ready for work. I'll try 6:15 next week then add another 15 minutes the next.

Thanks again.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    if anyone wants to do a challenge this weekend, it is: TO MAKE A MISSION STATEMENT FOR YOURSELF. i will post the challenge on thursdays after the weigh-in. it will be a random idea and you can chose to participate or not. if you do, have fun defining your life! :)
  • vwgurl2
    vwgurl2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't been doing a good job of logging what I eat and the scale showed it! I also need to start exercising but can't really find the time to do it... Obviously I need to start! My goal for this week is to start logging again and hopefully start to lose again!

start weight: 176.8
    7/6 - 180.2
    7/13 -
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/3 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 165
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I need some motivation or tips from you girls. The only time I can squeeze some exercise in is in the morning at 5. I always have my alarm go off at that time, but I can never get myself out of bed. Any tips on accomplishing this?

Thanks!

It motivates me to get out of bed when I know I can't exercise at another time. My husband doesn't get home until 7 pm from work and I want the evening devoted to spending time with him and my daughter. I work from 8-5 and daughter has to be picked up by 5:30 from daycare, so unless it's strength training day (p90x dvd I can do at home), I have to get my workout in before work and before my husband leaves for work at 6:30. I know my scale doesn't care if the time to workout isn't convenient, I know I will feel good the rest of the day afterwards, and I have to get it done then or it won't happen!

Lay out your workout clothes the night before. If you are doing a DVD, have it in the DVD player. Have a cold water bottle or ice cubes in the fridge/freezer. Put your alarm clock across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn off the sound. And drink a ton of water before bed so you have to pee when you wake up, then you are already out of bed (sounds silly but it works!).

I'm going to have to think about this mission statement....I definitely need one. Hmmm....
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    start weight: 254
    7/6 - 253 (-)
    7/13 -
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/3 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 249-239
  • Dala544
    Dala544 Posts: 13
    Options
    You have to love what you are doing in order to get out of bed for it. The only thing that gets me out of bed is Zumba.

Do you use a Zumba video or do you go to a class?

I've been going for a bike ride almost everyday and playing tennis occasionally, but my scale isn't changing .... . . any tips? I've been trying to keep my calories to 1200 a day . . .do I need to drop that number ?
  • dakotadoux
    dakotadoux Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    start weight: 161.8
    7/6 - 161.8
    7/13 -
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/3 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 145

Hi everyone, I'm Cindi. Was using MFP regularly for a while and then just didn't take the time for a while other than to do my weight. Would like to join if it is not too late. I am just starting with what I weighed on the 6th. I am 44, married and have 2 grown children. I enjoy spending time with family, reading, camping and would like to get started with quilting and scrapbooking. I am hoping that joining this post will help keep me motivated. Good luck to everyone!!
  • Dala544
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I was reading a post on here for newbies - it said sometimes you gain weight right at the beginning when you are trying to get your metabolism up . . . did this happen to you all? - and how did long did it take before you starting dropping weight?
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am a little early logging this but today is my weigh in day and I am super happy that I lost 3 pounds this week. I decided to ramp up my exercise schedule last week and it proved effective. Still going to push this week and see if I can at least lose two pounds.

start weight: 196
    7/6 - 195
    7/13 - 192
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/3 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 181
  • ralison
    Options
    I am a little early logging this but today is my weigh in day and I am super happy that I lost 3 pounds this week. I decided to ramp up my exercise schedule last week and it proved effective. Still going to push this week and see if I can at least lose two pounds.

start weight: 196
    7/6 - 195
    7/13 - 192
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/3 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 181

Awesome job! I hope my scale gives me the same great news.
  • ralison
    Options

Thanks!

It motivates me to get out of bed when I know I can't exercise at another time. My husband doesn't get home until 7 pm from work and I want the evening devoted to spending time with him and my daughter. I work from 8-5 and daughter has to be picked up by 5:30 from daycare, so unless it's strength training day (p90x dvd I can do at home), I have to get my workout in before work and before my husband leaves for work at 6:30. I know my scale doesn't care if the time to workout isn't convenient, I know I will feel good the rest of the day afterwards, and I have to get it done then or it won't happen!

Lay out your workout clothes the night before. If you are doing a DVD, have it in the DVD player. Have a cold water bottle or ice cubes in the fridge/freezer. Put your alarm clock across the room so you have to get out of bed to turn off the sound. And drink a ton of water before bed so you have to pee when you wake up, then you are already out of bed (sounds silly but it works!).

I'm going to have to think about this mission statement....I definitely need one. Hmmm....

Thanks for the tips. I especially like the drink tons of water before bed so you're forced to get up early to go to the bathroom.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    start weight: 161.8
    7/6 - 161.8
    7/13 -
    7/20 -
    7/27 -
    8/3 -
    8/10 -
    8/17 -
    8/24 -
    8/31 -
    9/7 -
    goal weight: 145

Hi everyone, I'm Cindi. Was using MFP regularly for a while and then just didn't take the time for a while other than to do my weight. Would like to join if it is not too late. I am just starting with what I weighed on the 6th. I am 44, married and have 2 grown children. I enjoy spending time with family, reading, camping and would like to get started with quilting and scrapbooking. I am hoping that joining this post will help keep me motivated. Good luck to everyone!!

welcome cindi!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I was reading a post on here for newbies - it said sometimes you gain weight right at the beginning when you are trying to get your metabolism up . . . did this happen to you all? - and how did long did it take before you starting dropping weight?

it took me 19 months after starting to eat better and exercise to lose weight and keep it off, but that is due to having a hormonal imbalance that had my body completely screwed up. sorry i can't be more encouraging. lol. at least know that you probably won't be like me.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    any mission statements made this weekend?
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I actually went to a conference two weeks ago where Stephen Covey was a keynote speaker and he talked about personal mission statements. There is a website that helps you identify things to include: http://www.franklincovey.com/msb/
    So this challenge was freakishly well timed!!

Anyway, here is my work in progress:

My mission in life is to:
    SERVE others
    LOVE myself
    SEEK knowledge
    INSPIRE peace
    FIND balance
    BE grateful.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I actually went to a conference two weeks ago where Stephen Covey was a keynote speaker and he talked about personal mission statements. There is a website that helps you identify things to include: http://www.franklincovey.com/msb/
    So this challenge was freakishly well timed!!

Anyway, here is my work in progress:

My mission in life is to:
    SERVE others
    LOVE myself
    SEEK knowledge
    INSPIRE peace
    FIND balance
    BE grateful.

My mission statement (i have never done one of these)
    Love myself for who i am
    Believe in myself
    Forgive myself & forgive people when they have done wrong
    Encourage family & friends when they need it
    I might have to think of some more later. I am also another person who dislikes getting out of bed in the mornings & it can be so hard.
    Is anyone excited about weigh-in this week? I am not but we will wait and see. I went to a club for the 1st time in 4yrs & i danced most of the night. I drank 4 pints of water while i was out :drinker: :laugh:
  • Dala544
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

it took me 19 months after starting to eat better and exercise to lose weight and keep it off, but that is due to having a hormonal imbalance that had my body completely screwed up. sorry i can't be more encouraging. lol. at least know that you probably won't be like me.

Thanks for the input, I'm sorry your road was so long . . .I do hope it doesn't take me that long . . I'm not sure I'd be able to hold out that long :)