5'2'' ladies! What is your goal?

Options
echeindl
echeindl Posts: 326 Member
On the BMI calculator it says that between 101 and 136 is considered 'healthy', so I'm wondering what everyone elses goal is. And if you've achieved it post your pictures!

My ultimate goal is to be between 120-125, are there any 5'2'' ladies who have achieved that low of a weight?

Thanks!

Replies

• karisbrandes
    karisbrandes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I haven't been 125 since highschool. I held 135 consistently for a few years before having twins. My goal now is 135, but I think ultimately I'd like to try for 125 again!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm 1.2 lbs away from my goal of 124.0. I still have a little bit of belly fat left (visible only to me of course) so I may bump that down to 122.0 once I reach my first goal. If I go any lower, I just feel that it will be too much work to maintain. I'm 43 years old and my metabolism isn't what it used to be, lol! But it's much better than it was a year ago! Check out my before/after photos in the link below my ticker.
  • cl0udy21
    cl0udy21 Posts: 11
    Options
    My main goal weight is 130 lbs. Once I reach my goal weight I might go down to 120 lbs. But not sure yet. I just want to look healthy. :smile:
  • bjohs
    Options
    I should also mention that I am building a 5 pound buffer around my target weight. I will be able to fluctuate 5 pounds over and 5 pounds down without freaking out at every little change on the scale that way. :) This gives me a good 10 pound buffer zone to stay within during maintenance mode.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm 1.2 lbs away from my goal of 124.0. I still have a little bit of belly fat left (visible only to me of course) so I may bump that down to 122.0 once I reach my first goal. If I go any lower, I just feel that it will be too much work to maintain. I'm 43 years old and my metabolism isn't what it used to be, lol! But it's much better than it was a year ago! Check out my before/after photos in the link below my ticker.

Wow you look amazing! I've always thought it was impossible to get down to being that small but seeing everyone else's accomplishments makes it just that more reachable.
  • bjohs
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! I've always thought it was impossible to get down to being that small but seeing everyone else's accomplishments makes it just that more reachable.

Make sure you check out the link for My Journey too. That explains what I did to get down from 157 to my weight this morning of 125.2! It was a one year and six month journey... so have patience and NEVER give up! Good luck to you!
  • bjohs
    Options
    How thoughtless of me... THANK YOU!!!
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm 5'3" . I'm trying to get down to 140, so far 11 pounds down since joining but I'm doing a little bit of a jumpstart. So far so good.
  • allibawtez
    allibawtez Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm also 5'2". I fluctuated between 123-125 for a while, then when I moved to San Antonio in 2008 the yummy Mexican food completed defeated my willpower :-). My highest weight was reached this year at 155, and that was my breaking point. My current weight goal is a lean/toned 125. I didn't really get serious with MFP and logging cals until about a month ago, but since then I've lost 6 pounds, 2 inches, haven't had one sip of soda or coffee, and no fast food. BUT, I do eat all the other foods that I enjoy in moderation. Like most people, my main goal is to be healthy and more disciplined when it comes to what I'm putting in my body.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2'' and I'm at 126 right now. My lowest has been 124 for a week, but I have been sitting between 125 and 128 for a year or more, my goal was to be at 120, but I don't know if my body is going to let me get there. So I decided this week to start focusing more on getting more toned than losing. The lowest for 5'2 is like 101 or 104, so 120-125 is a great healthy place to be, but theres still room if you want to go lower.
  • Becky1971
    Options
    Sorry didn't mean to repeat what you posted about the range, I was just thinking about my thoughts over this last week and it came out. lol
  • Becky1971
    Options
    Sorry didn't mean to repeat what you posted about the range, I was just thinking about my thoughts over this last week and it came out. lol
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am currently 140 and I want to get to 120, any lower and I would be happy, but I want to be back at a comfortable weight.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I looked and felt my best at around 118, with a 3lb buffer. I have a small frame - except for my shoulders, which are way too broad for the rest of my body. I carry any excess weight in my abs, back and chest, so I have to aim a bit lower on the scale to balance things out. What I wouldn't give for an hourglass figure!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2'' and started off at 158 jan 2010, I lost 17 lbs throughout the whole of last year,i signed up for mfp in oct last year but then forgot all about it! I re-joined in jan this year and. Got to goal in april. Last I weighed I was 122: my range is 120-126. I am now focusing on focusing/circuit training. Good luck, you will get there if you commit to making a lifestyle change!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135 BUT I know that less would still be healthy so Im not sure. I just broke into the 130s so I am just going to get to my goal, tone up and see where I end up being.... I figure if I FEEL healthy and I look healthy then I cant really be doing too much wrong.
  • LovelySarah7
    Options
    Im 5'2.. and thats my goal! Its been ruff trying to even loose weights for the past year for me.. i do need some support.. im gunna start off with a smaller goal.. im going to try to reach 199lbs by november which would be a 81lb loss.. im 280lbs now.. so wish me luck! an if you have any advice id be glad to recieve it... goodluck with ur goal weight!
  • Screw2
    Screw2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    U CAN DO IT !:smile:
  • deannalu89
    deannalu89 Posts: 29
    Options
    hey! im gonna be completely honest ... im pretty sure i haven't weighed 125 since 5th grade! at my healthiest i was 155 (which was my wedding weight 3 years ago) my body isn't really made to be 125! not tooting my own horn but at 150 i LOOKED thinner than other girls at that weight. right now im at 189 and my ultimate goal is 160 ... if i lose more thats GREAT but as long as im happy with my body then more power to me! as long as you're happy with yourself! (i say screw those charts!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!