5'2'' ladies! What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my dietitian and trainer says that she thinks my ideal weight will be about 150lbs in the end. I started at 217, and I'm currently 185. The weight loss is going slowly for me because I'm also gaining a lot of muscle. (When I last had my measurements taken for the first time my thigh measurement had changed. It actually went up. They've still got fat on them, but they're pretty solidly muscle and dang defined in spots.)
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal weight is 125 w/ an average frame.

I restarted my weight loss, and had previously been down to 144 and was tickled with the progress then - which translated to a tight size 6 at my height.

I figure hitting 125 would be about right for my frame and still be able to keep the butt & boobs. :)
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I 5'2'' and morbidly obese. I am at the point where I want to be under 200 pounds. I am not sure how low I want to go after 200 pounds... Maybe between 140 - 150 which would still put me at overweight but I would be closer to a healthier range. I can't remember a time when I was under 150 so it is hard to set a goal below that.
  • silvereyes01
    silvereyes01 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm reaching for 135. According to the doctor a healthy ideal weight for me is 119, but I just don't think I'll be able to maintain it well. I'm at 140, so these last few lbs are really kicking my butt. Good luck to you!
  • Bethyi
    Bethyi Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently 243lbs. My goal is 120 :)
  • rv88
    rv88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    this is very true!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    My goal is 120-125. I weighed 120 after my freshman year of college (gained some that year, but I was probably too skinny when I was in HS). Really I'd like a flatter stomach.
  • BentoMommy
    Options
    I'm 158cm (about 5'2) and am trying my hardest to get down to 52kg (115lbs?). I'll be okay if I never make it past 54kg, but I at least want to try.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 1/2!!! I started at 239 in Dec 2010!!! 2 pds away from being down 30 pds!!! I would really like to get down to 130 but... I see my mom who is my height and I think she looks sick that small. I'm hoping for 140-150 and then I will take a look. Maybe lose more!!! We'll see!!
  • horsiegall
    horsiegall Posts: 70
    Options
    Im 5 2 started at 218 now at 184. I don't have a goal weight , haven't seen under 180 in 15 years. That is my birthday goal by July 19 th. I would love to be under 150 but I think it's whatever weight I can maintain .
  • ldgarcia
    ldgarcia Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm right at 5'2 and my goal weight is around 115 lbs. I have a smaller frame so this tends to be a weight that I am comfortable with and look healthy. I started at 130 after recovering from an illness and have slowly been dropping since April. I'm right under 120 now and starting to feel good and fit back into my old clothes again, which was just my ultimate goal. YAY!!!
  • cowens76
    cowens76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my goal weight is 120. I was 126 less than a year ago and was still not quite comfortable with how I looked so I feel like I need to be at least 120 but would love to be 115.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 145. The BMI calculators are so off because they don't take other factors into consideration. I've seen myself at 120 and I looked sick. I was healthy between 136-145 (my pre-diabetes weight) so that's where I'd like to get. I've got a very solid build, so I'll never be at a "healthy" weight according to BMI numbers
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well like all of you I am a shorty too! I love that there are so many of us :) at my heaviest (not pregnant) I was 167, I am currently 125 and shooting for 119 (just to be in the teens)
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    130... But who knows-- I might change my mind when I acheive it! :)
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3" but my goa to start out is 150.Im a curvier girl tho and id look sickly if i got down the my recommended weight
  • jourkam28
    jourkam28 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started at 188 lbs (6 weeks ago), currently at 178 lbs with an ultimate goal of 153-156 range. I haven't been in the 120's since high school (I'm almost 31 yrs of age) , I want to be at a comfortable weight which may not be considered "healthy" by someone else's terms but healthy to me is being happy. I will be happy at less than 155 lbs.
  • bustertriscuit
    bustertriscuit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have almost always weighed 139 no matter what, since high school. Over the last year my weight crept up to about 148 and let me tell you, 9 extra pounds on someone our height is a big deal. I've gotten down to 138 and immediately almost any back pain that I had went away!
    The lowest I've ever been was around 120 and I felt great about myself at that weight and feel that's a reasonable goal. I don't know that I could ever maintain it though.
    I used to think that 100 pounds or 110 pounds would be amazing, but truth be told, most girls our height who are that weight look ill. I do life insurance physicals and when I see someone who is the same build as myself I pay special attention.
    Most of "us" weigh around 130 or so and look great. When you look in the mirror it's way different.
    Of course we all have different body types too.
    Take a look here:
    http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
    So anyhow in the last 5 weeks or so I've gotten down to 138 and have stayed there for at least two weeks and it's pissing me off lol!!! I've never worked this hard to lose weight and in my mind I should have been 120 by now. Of course at 36, it doesn't happen as quickly as it used to. Initially it did, but now is a different story for whatever reason.
    It's hard to pay more attention to how your clothes are fitting and the obvious differences in your body. The numbers game is so detrimental. I often tell people that I weigh that if I didn't have to have a scale for the job, I wouldn't have a scale period. When pregnant with my daughter, my midwife didn't weigh me once. I thought I'd be nice and smug a couple of weeks after she was born and hop on the scale to see how much I weighed and it was a terrriiibbbllee idea.
    Something else I keep in mind that I also see on this thread--there are girls our size who are definitely obese. Any one of them would probably be very happy to be 138 and may have that as a goal!
    Of course a fit 138 compared to 138 that doesn't take care of herself looks and feels very different.
    Good luck girls!!!!
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2 and weigh 131 right now. My highest was 148 or so, being on the overweight side of BMI kicked my butt into gear to get some of that off. 130 was my original goal, but now that I've reached it I may go to120-125 we shall see. I'm still on diet mode but I do find myself going over 1200 cals quite often. I've looked up my maintain cals and they are 1640, so I try not to go over that. I have hit my original goal so I'm not trying as hard anymore :blushing: and will be completely happy at this weight.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and my goal is 115. For YEARS I hovered around 103-105 but after going on antidepressants I ballooned. I have a smallish frame. My ring is a size 4. I wear childrens sizes in shoes, gloves and hats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!