5'2'' ladies! What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• mflake
    mflake Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i am this hight and when i have been at my healthiest i weighed about 120. My weight goes down and up from 115-125 but when i'm eating healthy and exercising i am around 120. When i have more muscle i may weigh a little more but i think muscle looks better. :)
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    im 5'2.5" (LOL) and I have a large frame and lots of muscle. I am a kickboxer and i plan on having lots of muscle(not too much). so my plan is 138 but i doubt I will get that low or would want to. I am thinking i will prob want to maintain after I hit 145-150. People that are the same height can look very different based on their frame size and body porportions. The guideline is a good tool, but its not right for everyone. You will know when you get there, at least thats what im thinking. :)
  • Xcelnt1
    Xcelnt1 Posts: 2
    Options
    My doctor told me for my height that 140 was where I needed to be but that is not my ideal weight so when I reach 140 I will decide if I want to loose more
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my highest was 207.2. I am currently at 174.8 and size 12 pants (sorry, I just went shopping last night and am still very excited!) My goal weight is 135 (I couldn't tell you the last time I weighed that though). The 135 goal is only for the BMI scale. My doctor and I discussed that ultimatly, I need to see at what weight I feel and look good. My doctor said that was the most important factor in weight loss goals: HOW YOU FEEL AND LOOK! Hope that helps :smile:

I hear ya' size 12....i just got there a couple weeks ago and still can't get over it...it amazes me every time i put them on! :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    My goal is the same as the OP's about 125. I don't have a petite frame so I like to maintain curves. Right now I'm at 139 which is a bit too heavy for my comfort. So about 15 pounds to go now! Woo!

Any other 5'2ers want to befriend me on here?
  • cocoanicky
    cocoanicky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well im 5'4 and I just started exercising on tuesday and I already lost 2 pounds, but my goal weight is 140.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 145, then going to reevaluate. Even when I was playing high school sports, I was between 132-137. I tend to carry a lot of muscle..., so I'm ok with weighing more. I don't want to pick a weight that I have to work out 2hrs a day to maintain.
  • _JustLovely
    Options
    I'm 5'1, but i'm not sure of my goal weight yet. I know I dont wanna go too low cause I still want some curves. Maybe 140 ish. lol
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm at 114. I try to keep within the 112 and 115 pounds. I've toned up a bit so I'm in a size 3 or some forgiving 2's. I like being at this size. I wouldn't mind gaining up a bit if its just muscles. I'm trying to find out how to gain muscle and not fat, It would make me leaner and show some abs. But to tell you the truth I'm fine if I stay like this too. I was fine at 120 but when I lost some more I liked better how clothes looked on me.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    mine is 110 pounds! i'm exactly 5'2 but i carry a lot of my weight in my thighs and lower stomach so im trying to get rid of that!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    hey! im gonna be completely honest ... im pretty sure i haven't weighed 125 since 5th grade! at my healthiest i was 155 (which was my wedding weight 3 years ago) my body isn't really made to be 125! not tooting my own horn but at 150 i LOOKED thinner than other girls at that weight. right now im at 189 and my ultimate goal is 160 ... if i lose more thats GREAT but as long as im happy with my body then more power to me! as long as you're happy with yourself! (i say screw those charts!)

Thats exactly whats true for me as well... Im 5'3" and when I was 150 I looked super thin. Right now I have a personal goal of 170 or even 160 if possible. I just want to feel better and in a weight range that I can maintain without too much struggling. Who knows, maybe when I reach my goal I will want to lose a few more but will see when I get there. I dont want to get discouraged if my process is slow although I am aware that it is a tuff journey... Good luck to all..
  • dannidoc
    dannidoc Posts: 19
    Options
    im 5ft 2 and weigh 157lbs at the minute hoping to get to 140/135lbs:)
  • mustnothrowcantelopes
    mustnothrowcantelopes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' 1/2 and my goal is to get down to 135. I've got a long way to go though. I guess , ideally, I would love to weight 105 or 102, but my entire family is genetically predisposed to obesity and I have PCOS, which makes it a lot more difficult to lose the weight that a person who doesn't have my condition, would lose much quicker than me. It also depend on your bone structure. Someone who is small boned and 5'2'' could look a lot worse at 105 than someone who is big boned at that weight. It really depends.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I began at 150 and I'd be happy to get to 135 as a start. Depending on how that goes, I may shoot for 130lb.
  • Got2believe
    Got2believe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2 here and also aiming for 135. for my body type it seems like its the best weight to drop to. But its really all dependent on when and where you feel you look the best. I mean, if I get to 150 and I like how I look, and I feel healthy, I'll stay at it.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome - in your 40s! I started at 150lb and i'm now at 145. I'll be 42 this year and i'm finding weight such a problem for me :o(
    You look great! Congrats.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Im 5"2 and looking to drop my weight to around 127lb (58kg) Im now around 136 so im getting there!

If anyone needs / want a supporter in their weight-loss journey and want to support me feel free to befriend me
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and I weigh 290 right now, so realistically my goal weight is 170 just because that's what I was when I looked my best (7 years ago! Holy cow!). Once I get to 170 I might try to keep losing from there, but I know I will be happy just to have my old body back!!
  • knudsenk
    knudsenk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started at 150 with the goal of being 130 then 120 then my doctor said 115. I have a fairly small frame and still think that I have rather large thighs so I'm going to see how I'm feeling at 115.
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 129. I've been 129 before and was also muscular during that and I felt like I looked great. Once I get there, I might decide to lose 10 more pounds or so. I was the same height in highschool and weighed 103 and I always felt good and loved the way clothes looked on me, but I wasn't as muscular so I'm not sure how thin I'd have to be now to be that weight with muscle tone .... so, not sure about that.

Oh, and I'm 5' 1.5"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!