MEAT Me at the Beach: 6/30 - 7/3 weigh-in

Options
Good job everybody for making it through your 2nd week! Here are our amazing results…

meatbeach1-3.jpgmeatbeach2-3.jpgmeatbeach3-3.jpg

I am so proud of all of you! We had some great losses this week and I’m sure next week will be great too! Even those of you that gained had enough courage to post your weight and that is what is important…being honest with yourself. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Without further ado, on to the challenge and reflection for the week…

Week 3 Challenge: FOCUS

Pick ONE thing to focus on this week. I have seen and heard from several of you saying that you are starting to feel overwhelmed. Keeping up with logging, calories, carbs, protein, exercise, cardio, strength-training, work, family, social life, etc. can start to make you crazy. Maybe things are super easy for you and you’ve got some great advice (please share it!). Maybe you had been doing excellent early on but now things are starting to slip. Maybe you’ve been on a bumpy road and it just keeps getting bumpier. We can kill ourselves trying to do everything perfect and trying to do everything right. Unfortunately, if we don’t get it done perfectly we might get discouraged and want to give up. This week, the goal is to take a step back and decided if you are getting overwhelmed or if you can do more.

Overwhelmed?
    >> Pick ONE thing that you really want to focus on. (See list below for ideas…or come up with your own.) Don’t kill yourself trying to do everything right. Focus on one thing that you are struggling with and make it your priority this week. Once you’ve beaten that beast, then add another, and another, and another. Baby steps my dears…BABY STEPS!!

-Log all your meals
    -Stay under your calorie count
    -Exercise x-amount of time a week
    -Focus on protein
    -Focus on carbs
    -Focus on sugar
    -Focus on sodium
    -Drink enough water
    -Take all your vitamins

Doing great?
    >>Hooray, you are doing great! But there is probably still something that you can work on. (If you were perfect you probably wouldn’t be here.) See the list above. Pick one or two things that you really want to focus on this week.

Week 3 Reflection: Game Plan?

So you remember the game plan that you made up, right? We’ll now is the time to ask yourself, “Am I following my game plan? How is that working out for me?” We’re getting close to our first mini-goal. Check yourself, are you on track? Let us know how your progress is going. Do you have some great advice? SHARE IT!!! Do you need some great advice? ASK!!!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Woo! WTG everyone!!! I love this challenge! What a great way to stay motivated!!! As a matter of fact, I wasn't going to go to the gym tonight. I was going to do a workout dvd and call it good. But after seeing this, I have changed my mind and decided to hit that treadmill tonight. And maybe the pool, too!

Going to have to think on this week's reflection. I'll be back for that later! :-)
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Weight gain for me and now I am not well, sore thorat, headache etc. So this week my focus will be on getting healthy. I will not give up.
  • avondaleklr
    avondaleklr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Love seeing the success!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Bumping
  • amodom
    amodom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump

Week 3 Challenge: FOCUS

I want to log all of my meals and stay within my 1200 calorie goal everyday this week. I intend to focus on not eating after 9pm. I usually do most of my snacking a couple of hours after dinner. I bought a bag of salad prep stuff, fresh strawberries, blue berries and bananas to eat this week.

Also, I want to exercise 5 days this week. I joined the President's Fitness Challenge.

Week 3 Reflection: Game Plan?

My game plan is to avoid the 4th of July overeating game by exercising and eating healthy for five days straight! I intend to lose 2 pounds this week.

3489117.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Delamore!!! WOW!!! A round of applause to all of us as well - especially our wonderful hostess!

I like that this week is about focus. I feel like I am in a rut. I only really workout in the morning, I basically have the same breakfast and lunch and I'm bored. I don't get it, especially because I LOVE routine. I'm going to focus on mixing things up a bit. A friend of mine is working a different shift this week, so he and I will be workout buddies in the afternoon. I also need to focus on mixing things up a bit with my food. The mindless eating at night is still an issue for me. Maybe working out in the afternoon/night will make me not as hungry later (I'm really not hungry for hours after I exercise in the morning).

I was looking at my mini goals and I feel like I'm right on track.
    1. Bring (and actually wear) a dress for my Boston vacation for the 4th of July weekend - the dress looks good on me!! And I have a nice necklace to go with it!! YAY!
    2. Be able to run 10 minutes straight - I'm at W7 of C25K - ran 25 minutes straight today!
    3. Wear a bathing suit (no shorts to cover the thighs) - still need the motivation to do this!
    4. Watch sodium and sugar intake and be in the "green" - I'm doing much better with keeping things in the green.
    5. Run the entire 8K for charity at the end of September - my dedication to the C25K program is helping with this. I'm excited to begin the C210K program in a few weeks.
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Vic, I know i've missed the cut-off, please do not worry about adding me to the chart, I can wait until next week for an update. Spent the day at the beach and forgot to login this morning. This is just to get it on record.

Current Weight (As of today): 190
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 170
    Weight Category: Getting Rid of Plenty~! reduce
    6/9: 189 **start of challenge** 
    6/16:  191
    6/26: 190
    6/30: 
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight _183__>>> 
    7/14: 
    7/21: 
    7/28: 
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight __177_>>> 
    8/11: 
    8/18: 
    8/25: 
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight ___>>> 170
  • enriquez18
    enriquez18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Everyone did very well!!! Keep it up ladies!!!!!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    No gain no loss this week. Only a couple days left of the shred, 4 I think. Then RI 30 and I am going to start C25K maybe that will get my weight loss moving again.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone. You are all doing so well. I feel I am doing well. I joined in March and have lost 45 lbs. I have been under calories everyday and have exercised all but 2 days. I have not had a difficult time making this change. I will however strive to exercise longer each day and continue to drink more water daily.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Vic!!!!:flowerforyou: I am so sorry that I am late adding my weight. I thought I did this first thing on Thurs morning but, I obviously didn't!!!:grumble: One of my friends sent me a message (Thanks Steph) to let me know that I hadn't weighed in. No need to update the chart. I will be more careful in the future!!!! Again.....I am very sorry!!!!!! Let's make it a GREAT WEEK!!!! :drinker:

:heart: Sabrina

Starting Weight: 162.2
    Current Weight (As of today): 157.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 145.0 lbs
    Weight Category: REDUCE (-17 lbs)
    Group: 16-20

6/9:162.2 **start of challenge**
    6/16:157.8
    6/23: 155.4
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 156.5>>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 150.8>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 145>>>
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My apologies! I forgot to weigh in this morning. I had to clean the house for a double birthday party this afternoon , my 7& 10 year olds. Sorry again!
  • AccioPancakes
    Options
    Awesome work, everyone!

Update on the NSVs from last week: I have completed week 1 of C25K, but I am probably going to repeat it and take this slow. This is something I want to last and don't want to rush it. And today I went clothes shopping for work and I fit an XL. I literally can't remember the last time I was able to shop in the non-plus section.

This week: focus

I'm going to focus on workouts this week. The guy that runs my boot camp is on vacation so it's all up to me this week (perfect timing for this challenge!). I'm doing some things at home (push-ups/sit-ups/planks), but it just doesn't feel the same. But I bought new running shoes today (having 12W feet as a woman is quite the challenge) so I'm ready to do some more C25K tonight :)

Have fun this week, everyone!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I am going to focus on sodium. I am almost always over on sodium so I'm going to start watching that :) hopefully that will help me lose more weight too
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am going to focus on exercise, and getting it in... I have been LAZY lately. :grumble:
    I know I do not lose unless I work out hard... thanks PCOS, and Thyroid issues :P

Tomorrow the plan is to work on brick pavers so hopefully I can return the cutter when I go up to city on Tues.
    Tues: video or treadmill before I have to run up to city
    Wed: Golfing? or Swimming...
    Thurs: video or treadmill, or bike
    Fri: Family activity for Canada Day
    Sat: Kayaking, swimming or video depending on weather
    Sun: Swimming
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! My focus this week is staying within my calorie intake and reaching my exercise goal.:bigsmile:
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone. You are all doing so well. I feel I am doing well. I joined in March and have lost 45 lbs. I have been under calories everyday and have exercised all but 2 days. I have not had a difficult time making this change. I will however strive to exercise longer each day and continue to drink more water daily.

You are doing fabulous!!