I am NOT giving that up!

Options
1235»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, except Pop Tarts, which I never really liked that much in the first place. Especially when I found out there's about 400 calories in two of them. I can eat a lot more for the same calories for breakfast and end up a lot more satisfied. :wink:

I've given up habits more than foods. I don't mindlessly graze on crackers, chips or pretzels anymore. I'll still have them now and then, but I'll count out a serving size and put them in a cup or bowl, not munch from the entire bag. Unless I'm at a party or something, then all bets are off. :wink:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    One of the things I was taught in my Diabetic classes: You don't have to give up anything. Just work it into your numbers so things aren't thrown out of whack. Make it healthier, if you can. (i.e. homemade where you can control the sodium, fat, etc.)
    Exactly!
    There is no Big Brother making you give up any food item. There are ways to lessen the impact though, like reducing portion size and off-setting the calories with exercise etc. This doesn't have to be an all or nothing decision.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WINE!!!!~ Love my wine & after some days I sooo need one! Wine makes even the baddest day better! :P
  • johnHouTX
    johnHouTX Posts: 6
    Options
    I don't think you should ever give up what you love. Mine is all the above, Chinese, Mexican, American, Greek, Italian. As long as your counting the the calories you should have no problem.
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    Ken's Thousand Island....I NEED this on my salads.

And I have in fact given up wine, beer, and liquor...so far, so good...until the open bar wedding I'll be at this weekend --- we'll see.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Maltesers, Pizza Hut/Domino's Pizza and Mcdonald's chocolate milkshakes (and they have a new one out at the moment, limited time only I think, double chocolate it's sooo good!) - I love these things so much, pizza is in fact my favourite food, but in all honesty, I haven't had a lot of these since trying to lose weight so I think I'm doing well. I am partial to a bag of maltesers at least once a week though :-P But haven't eaten from Pizza Hut for about 3 weeks now and haven't had a Mcdonald's shake for about the same amount of time. But damn I am craving pizza this week lol!

Oh and also ice cream, which I have had, but I've not had my good old Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough for about 3 MONTHS!! I don't really miss it as much as I'd have thought though.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Steak Egg and Cheese Bagels. They are my weakness. I haven't had one in months but I know if I eat one it's half my calories for the day. :(
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Wine, life is just more enjoyable with wine :-)

That being said I went from a couple of glasses a day and more on weekends, to only having a few glasses everyother weekend and none at all during the week

I'm SOOOO trying to do that, but it's just now working out very well. What got you through the week?
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Cheese! I'll cut calories in other areas, but I want my cheese!

haha, just noticed hbunting86 posted the same thing. Mmmm, queso!

So what your saying is that you won't 'cut the cheese'??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up one single thing. I just try to limit myself. I make sure I don't go over on my calories, but I still have whatever I want. Just maybe a smaller portion or I workout harder to burn it off. I know that if I forbid myself from anything then I would only want it that much more. I do wish I was stronger and had more will power to limit my sugar intake better, though.
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    I'm with Hundley, after not really eating processed foods for a while I just stopped craving them. I do sometimes get cravings though but I make myself go through a little checklist before I'll eat it because I usually find I'm either tired (and craving sugar) or cold (it's Winter here, I crave hot, carby foods).

You know, I always think about you guys in spring and fall. I don't know why, but in the fall, I'll be sad, and you'll be happy, and then in the spring, I'll be happy and I think about how you guys must be sad. Unless you ski, then I'm sure you're happy :flowerforyou:
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pizza! Thank goodness it's easy to make a healthy pizza with tons of fresh veggies. I could eat pizza everyday. I have made a few changes (thin crust) and have learned to not consume as many slices.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Jim Beam...I will not surrender the beam - but I have changed from regular Dr. Pepper with it to diet... :drinker:
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Cheese. Good cheese. Not that it's bad, but I don't think I can live without it. I haven't cut out much, except for obviously bad things that don't actually taste good in retrospect. However....one of my weaknesses is sour cream and cheddar chips. Hold me back!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Beer and ice cream. I eat ice cream the majority of days in the summer and drink beer a lot!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My motto:

Everything in moderation! It's the only way that I can stick to my goals. Once I feel like I'm depriving myself of something, I completely lose interest (and I've deprived myself a LOT in the past!)

Now that I'm mindful of calories, and don't put anything off limits - I'm seeing results!! Granted, I try to limit my intake of certain things (fast food, whiskey, diet soda) but I don't say "NO!" to them.

Different things work for different people, I guess :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Water! :wink: :flowerforyou: Love it! Not giving it up for Nobody:tongue::glasses: