Laboring Towards Labor Day (CLOSED GRP)

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    CW: 206
    I'm happy to have met my goal of 208.8! So my new goal is 204. I'm grateful to Denise for convincing me to join this challenge. I had gained weight on the 4th of July challenge and I wanted to quit and give up. I learned never to quit on yourself and that it's important to help others who feel like quitting. Let's All Get Healthy & Fit Together!

Goal Weight: 208.8 (New Goal Weight 204)
    7/1: 217.8
    7/7: 214.4
    7/14: 211.8
    7/25: 210.8
    8/1: 211
    8/8: 209
    8/15: 209
    8/21: 206

Congrats!!! WOOHOOOO
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    LadyPersia - Thanks!

We've had some good weight losses this week! Every tenth of a pound counts!
    Good luck to all of us this week. Stay focused!
    Jill
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i'm sorry i havent posted the chart for monday's results yet...i'm off to do it now...been pretty rough week...

fyi not sure if i shared here or just the tribal challenge team thread, but i'm not going to be doing the sept tribal challenge....when the labor day challenge is over i'm going to step out of the weight loss challenge threads...you all are welcome to continue together, i'm just not going to be focusing on weight after labor day....i'm going to give my scale up until my birthday in october....i'm going to focus on strength training and cardio and work really hard, without seeing # results on the scale, towards getting into the 160s....i have been as low as 174 (mid july) and have gone back up to 185 (start of august) and now am just hovering around 178-182.....i need to get back to doing what i know is right - working out and eating well - the rest will follow.....i love working with all you guys towards a common goal and i will still be on MFP very often, i just dont want to be responsible for a thread or keeping a challenge going....i guess it's part of my goal of starting to simplify some things in my life....i just want to focus on me and reaching my goals....i will not reach my birthday goal of 157 - i'm going to be realistic but not adjust the goal number until i get there....the next goal after 157 on 10/13 is 145 on 1/12/12 and then maintaining 140-150 by valentine's day 2012....i will readjust those numbers once i get to my birthday weight....i can't same i'm not disappointed that i will not be hitting 157 but i'm pushing forward and really going to work hard to get into the 160s which is close to 157 LOL....anyway, sorry for the book, i just wanted to explain myself....i hope i'm not letting anyone down but not heading up another challenge - i'm more than willing to "give" the spreadsheet to someone else if you guys want to continue onto another challenge thread.....just let me know.....
  • bluiz13
    sorry i'm so late....

teal team is our biggest loser team this week with .95%
    christine is our biggest loser this week with 1.82% lost

teal team is our biggest team loser to date with 3.25% lost
    destiny is our biggest loser to date with 5.45% lost

we have lost a total of 83.9lbs which represents 2.06% lost....
    3 people didnt provide weights this week....hope they are around next week....
    just 2 more weeks girls....gonna bring it this week?????? let's do this....

LaboringTowardsLaborDayChallengeteams822.jpg
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Could you send me the thread for the next two weeks.
    I don't want to lose you guys so I can finish.

Shirley61
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Way to go Team Teal !
  • bluiz13

Shirley61

Huh?????
  • LadyPersia
    i'm sorry i havent posted the chart for monday's results yet...i'm off to do it now...been pretty rough week...

fyi not sure if i shared here or just the tribal challenge team thread, but i'm not going to be doing the sept tribal challenge....when the labor day challenge is over i'm going to step out of the weight loss challenge threads...you all are welcome to continue together, i'm just not going to be focusing on weight after labor day....i'm going to give my scale up until my birthday in october....i'm going to focus on strength training and cardio and work really hard, without seeing # results on the scale, towards getting into the 160s....i have been as low as 174 (mid july) and have gone back up to 185 (start of august) and now am just hovering around 178-182.....i need to get back to doing what i know is right - working out and eating well - the rest will follow.....i love working with all you guys towards a common goal and i will still be on MFP very often, i just dont want to be responsible for a thread or keeping a challenge going....i guess it's part of my goal of starting to simplify some things in my life....i just want to focus on me and reaching my goals....i will not reach my birthday goal of 157 - i'm going to be realistic but not adjust the goal number until i get there....the next goal after 157 on 10/13 is 145 on 1/12/12 and then maintaining 140-150 by valentine's day 2012....i will readjust those numbers once i get to my birthday weight....i can't same i'm not disappointed that i will not be hitting 157 but i'm pushing forward and really going to work hard to get into the 160s which is close to 157 LOL....anyway, sorry for the book, i just wanted to explain myself....i hope i'm not letting anyone down but not heading up another challenge - i'm more than willing to "give" the spreadsheet to someone else if you guys want to continue onto another challenge thread.....just let me know.....

OMGosh.......I wasnt expecting this but I know you work so hard for us! HUGS and Thank you for ALL YOU HAVE DONE!!!
  • LadyPersia
    Woohoo Team teal!!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    sorry i'm so late....

teal team is our biggest loser team this week with .95%
    christine is our biggest loser this week with 1.82% lost

teal team is our biggest team loser to date with 3.25% lost
    destiny is our biggest loser to date with 5.45% lost

we have lost a total of 83.9lbs which represents 2.06% lost....
    3 people didnt provide weights this week....hope they are around next week....
    just 2 more weeks girls....gonna bring it this week?????? let's do this....

LaboringTowardsLaborDayChallengeteams822.jpg

WoW 83.9 lbs! Way to commit to all this weeks biggest losers and small ones too.
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 221 Member
    WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM TEAL!!!!!

I can't believe I was the biggest loser one week! I'm usually the slow and steady girl.:wink: OK for this week's challenge I want to do something diet related.

My challenge to you is to eat 5 fruits and veggies per day in any combination (3 veggies, 2 fruits, 4 fruits 1 veggie, etc) and to stretch at least 3 times this week (I really need to work on this one). I hope everyone else is having a good week. Let's go for at least 1 lb this week. :happy:
  • cmpettey
    Oh and thanks, Denise for all you have done for us. I'm really going to miss this challenge when it's over. I have really loved my team.:smile:
  • cmpettey

Shirley61

Huh?????

I think she wants to take over for you so you can have a break.
  • bluiz13

Shirley61

Huh?????

I think she wants to take over for you so you can have a break.

i'm okay to finish us out, i'm just not starting another challenge from labor day on as a group...you all are welcome to continue if you didnt join the tribal one...i'll even give you the spreadsheet to use with the new people.....i have it on google docs...just let me know....BUT i'm not going anywhere until we finish this out....my goal was 9lbs...right now i'm just fighting to get back to less than when i started LOL...i feel like charmaine (no offense) on the 4th of july challenge....and i do not mean that in a negative offensive way....but i might just end this challenge heavier than when i started and frankly that Pi$$es me off...but i'm motivated to get to at least 174 by 9/5....i can and i will...well, i'm gonna give it my best lol...
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Hey girls

I am forming a team of 9 more committed, strong, willing to kick it up in September women to join me for the September

Tribal Challenge We will be called "Anju Warriors" a Indian female name meaning Blessings; Inconquerable.

If your interested please PM me. Take a look the challenge is starting real soon!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Way to go Christine! You're our biggest loser this week! And I like your challenge, too!

Congrats Teal Team - biggest loser team this week AND biggest team loser to date. You ALL are doing it!

Destiny...wow! 5.45% lost to date! I'm inspired!!!

Since we've lost a total of 83.9 lbs so far...who wants to go for the 100 LB mark? Let's Do It!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Denise: I was just wondering, we are on Page 20 of this thread.
    Sometimes people can't find the thread to continue.
    No I don't want to take over I am already on Team Wappo Warriors for
    September. :tongue: I hope I can do this one. :tongue:
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Denise: Don't be so hard on yourself. These challenges keep you going
    guess where you would be if you didn't get that extra push each day to
    keep going. Remember slow and easy and you will lose the weight.
    I am 62 years old and have lost 24 lbs. so far but it has taken me a good year.
    I also have health issues which makes it a longer journey. We can do this!!
    I haven't been as strict with myself either so I am roller coastering right now.
    I know I can do this if I stay focused and so can you. :happy:
  • bluiz13
    Denise: I was just wondering, we are on Page 20 of this thread.
    Sometimes people can't find the thread to continue.
    No I don't want to take over I am already on Team Wappo Warriors for
    September. :tongue: I hope I can do this one. :tongue:
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Denise: Don't be so hard on yourself. These challenges keep you going
    guess where you would be if you didn't get that extra push each day to
    keep going. Remember slow and easy and you will lose the weight.
    I am 62 years old and have lost 24 lbs. so far but it has taken me a good year.
    I also have health issues which makes it a longer journey. We can do this!!
    I haven't been as strict with myself either so I am roller coastering right now.
    I know I can do this if I stay focused and so can you. :happy:

yes if we roll to a 2nd part i'll send you the thread...
    i'm not being hard on myself at all, i just dont want to feel like i'm not keeping up with the thread and/or the spreadsheet....i'm really busy at work and since that is where i do most of my "personal" computer *kitten* i know i cant dedicate the time i used to be able to....anyway, i'm here, i'm supporting all of you in your new tribal challenge....i just need a break for the scale...thank you for supporting me.....
  • bluiz13
    i'm posting one more time lol so we get bumped to a new thread....
  • bluiz13
    new thread from the old thread lol....
This discussion has been closed.