5"6 ladies- whats your goal?

Options

Replies

• Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    150 is my happy weight...I'm built like a brick sh$&house with thick legs and ginormous hips, so anything smaller and I look sick and not proportioned! Unfortunately, I haven't seen it since before I got pregnant....7 years ago...:(
  • westbrja
    westbrja Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the dumbest shape ever. I have a "B" tummy. You know a upper roll and a lower roll with a deep crease in between. I can't even see my belly button hardly :noway: . I started 3 weeks ago at 210 and now I'm at 199!! My first goal is 175...yes I said 175 thank you very much :wink:. I've never been thin in my life and I have a good sized frame. I don't fancy my bones sticking out of my skin making me have a skeleton appearance (no offense to those that like the skeleton look). Where I'm from a little meat on your bones isn't a bad thing. I just want to be able to feel good about myself and be healthier. So for now my goal is 175 but no less than 150. Guess I'll know when I get there :flowerforyou: .

Really I don't know what my magic number is as I don't ever remember seeing it so once this spare tire wrapped around my waist is gone then I will be happy...whatever number that is.
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 135-140.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am actually 5'6 1/2 was 5'7 in high school not sure where that 1/2 inch went!! I would love to be 175lbs ( at this weight I was a size 12) but 165lbs would be awesome!! I can't imagine myself smaller than this....I remember being 145-150 at age 15.....who knows, we will see what becomes of this journey!
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    When I was 155 I was a size 6 and kept getting told by my friends that I was too skinny. No one believed my weight. I actually had to step on a scale for my best friend. Everyone thought I was at least 20lbs lighter including my doctor when I had a physical. I would be happy near that size again but be a little more toned.

It's so interesting to me to hear things like this from other and realize how differently we carry our weight! I'm 147 and a size 8/10!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5"

Current goal is 140 but I think I might be able to comfortably get down to 132 - 135 ish
  • JuJuB3ans
    JuJuB3ans Posts: 8
    Options
    My starting weight (2 weeks ago) was 225. My final goal is 150lbs, along with most of us. That number seems sooooo far away, so my short term goal in 20 lbs in 10 weeks. I weighed in today at 219, and have been working very hard at the gym. My problem is calories in! I feel like I am eating healthier, I eat a lot of fresh foods, but my calorie numbers are still high. I suppose I have a lot of learning to do, but this time I am determined!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    I have the dumbest shape ever. I have a "B" tummy. You know a upper roll and a lower roll with a deep crease in between. I can't even see my belly button hardly :noway: . I started 3 weeks ago at 210 and now I'm at 199!! My first goal is 175...yes I said 175 thank you very much :wink:. I've never been thin in my life and I have a good sized frame. I don't fancy my bones sticking out of my skin making me have a skeleton appearance (no offense to those that like the skeleton look). Where I'm from a little meat on your bones isn't a bad thing. I just want to be able to feel good about myself and be healthier. So for now my goal is 175 but no less than 150. Guess I'll know when I get there :flowerforyou: .

Really I don't know what my magic number is as I don't ever remember seeing it so once this spare tire wrapped around my waist is gone then I will be happy...whatever number that is.

I never heard that term before but I have a "B" shape too! More than anything else I'd like to get rid of that over-the-belly-button roll!

I'm 5'6" on a good day. I started at 242 and am now at 160. To all of you who have 160 as a goal, it does feel great! But my first goal is to get to 149 - five pounds under the BMI line for overweight. Fifteen years I was down to 149. That's probably low enough for me - what's most important is really that I don't gain the weight back. If I never lose another pound, I'll be happy as long as I never again gain another pound either.
  • alexoftroy
    alexoftroy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm about a half inch shy of 5'6", but let's overlook that.

At the peak of my anorexia, I weighed around 90-95 lbs, whereas my natural body weight gravitates toward the 125-135 lb range. I've been stuck in the mid-130s since losing excess weight gained during eating disorder recovery and am convinced that my metabolism and body chemistry were ruined during my year of starvation.

I would throw myself a party if I ever saw the high 120s again. That's been my goal for a while, but I don't quite know how to get there anymore. At this point, I understand health and fitness like the back of my hand, but this inability to lose less than 10 lbs leaves me at a loss.

I'm a size 4 but can fit into 2's and 6's depending on how the clothes run, so I'm not terribly unhappy with my appearance. I simply want to win this battle once and for all - the right way.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 140. I;m usually in a size 8 at that weight. I haven't seen it for quite awhile though! :happy:
  • nikkimarie23
    nikkimarie23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right now I am at 138, but I am shooting for 120, but because of ballet I might go to 115. We will see as it goes I guess...
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am 229 lbs currently. My goal is 148. When I was 148 I felt comfortable and looking back I was thin. However, I am just contemplating right now losing 20 after that... I assume it would be pretty difficult and there will be a need for a lot of extra strength training to tone and get that celebrity body. I read that the celebrity that is 5'6 is about 124-128 pounds. Ah, it might never happen! We'll see what I feel like when I get to 148! That is still a ways away!
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    I think I would feel really good about myself at 145 or 150 but I'm going to see what I can maintain around (I don't want to be too skinny)
  • jasthespazz
    Options
    5'6" and my goal weight is 140!

8716434.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Im somewhere between 5'6" and 5'7" I want to get down to 180 and see how I feel. Though my eventual goal is to be at 160
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 186 (size 14s). I'm bigger boned, so know I would look more athletic once I shed some flub (fine by me), but would ultimately like to be in a size 6. I just wanna see one single flippin' digit on my jean tag! LOL
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 186 (size 14s). I'm bigger boned, so know I would look more athletic once I shed some flub (fine by me), but would ultimately like to be in a size 6. I just wanna see one single flippin' digit on my jean tag! LOL

hell yeah to the size 6. I'd be damn damn happy there. I'm a medium framed person so that's aroudn 130/135 for me (super brand dependent, obviously)
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I keep changing my goal.When I first started my fitness plan I was ok with maybe ending at 145. Now I know how determined I am and think maybe I can do 120 by April or May.

My first goal is to loose 20 pounds by August for the 5k I am entering and also for my birthday lol
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I want to weigh in at aroun 140- 150 ish. I weigh around 260 now, so that is a huge ending goal for me.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    between 115 - 119 lb
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!