I want to get a tattoo when i hit my goal weight..

Options

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I am getting a stylized tribal shark when I get to my goal, along with 'el color de mi vida cambio..." and my best friend is getting "...desde que tu llegaste." when he hits his goal :) (the color of my life changed... when you arrived)

I LOVE IT!!
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    im going to get a tribal zelda triforce with all the elements from the game on my left side (about the ribcage area) when I'm at my UGW which is 145 :D 40 lbs to go!!!!! :D
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    go for it girl. I'm 72 years old just got my first tatoo. A dragonfly. It celebates my first year free from breast cancer it also represents my freespirit.

That's amazing! So inspirational! :flowerforyou:
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting corset lacing tattooed on my back.

sounds awesome <3<3<3
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Good Luck - Tattoos are an awesome motivator . . . before you get one, here are a few things to consider 1st:

Ask any of your local friends who have them 1st - and find out where they got them done. The most important thing (besides the actual tattoo) is the artist who will be doing it. Good tattoos aren't cheap - Remember tattoos are forever.

I would also suggest checking out some actual tattoo shops. Make sure they are clean, in a safe location w/ no Board of Health complaints. A good place will answer all your questions, if they don't want to answer them or seem aprehensive - MOVE ON !!!

* Finding a good connnection and that " trusting-feeling" w/ an artist is also very important.

Now for tattoos - The best place, in my opinion, where you can start looking (on-line) for ideas is: www.tattoofinder.com

Good Luck !!

Mark (NH)

PS - I've got 2 of them so far and am getting ready for my 3rd !!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I really want to get a zia somewhere on me, and a HP quote. :) But, I want both of them to be somewhere that isn't too noticeable... You know? Still gotta be a lady. :)

I want to get my wand with some swirly magic coming from it and a Patronus-like Gryffindor lion in with the magic. I want it on the top of my foot and I'm drawing it myself. I'm not sure if I will actually go through with it, but it's fun to think about :)

Nice. Mine will say I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. and my BFF will have Mischief Managed. Haha.

me and my bestie thought of doing that, too, at one point, but when she heard my idea for what i wanted, she wanted it too! only with her wand and a ravenclaw raven instead of the lion :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    im going to get a tribal zelda triforce with all the elements from the game on my left side (about the ribcage area) when I'm at my UGW which is 145 :D 40 lbs to go!!!!! :D

AWESOME!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Good Luck - Tattoos are an awesome motivator . . . before you get one, here are a few things to consider 1st:

Ask any of your local friends who have them 1st - and find out where they got them done. The most important thing (besides the actual tattoo) is the artist who will be doing it. Good tattoos aren't cheap - Remember tattoos are forever.

I would also suggest checking out some actual tattoo shops. Make sure they are clean, in a safe location w/ no Board of Health complaints. A good place will answer all your questions, if they don't want to answer them or seem aprehensive - MOVE ON !!!

* Finding a good connnection and that " trusting-feeling" w/ an artist is also very important.

Now for tattoos - The best place, in my opinion, where you can start looking (on-line) for ideas is: www.tattoofinder.com

Good Luck !!

Mark (NH)

PS - I've got 2 of them so far and am getting ready for my 3rd !!!

All this! Except I have three, all within the last year, and I'm itching for #4.

Most shops will have Facebook pages and post photos of their work. Plus their clients post their photos and tag the artists. So you get to see a LOT more of what they do than just looking through photo albums of their best work. Also take a peek at their spelling and grammar in their postings and descriptions. You don't want an artist who can't spell. :wink:

Also, if money is a concern (and when isn't it?!), check to see if they offer discounts on purchasing gift certificates. At least around the yuletide holidays, many shops offer certificates for up to 25% off. Buy yourself a certificate and you've got more motivation to reach your goal. Or if you have a birthday coming up, ask for certificates to contribute to your tattoo fund.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the latin phrase "non sum qualis eram" on my wrist. It means "i'm not who i was". Also getting "353" worked in somehow, or "CCCLIII" (353) for my starting weight... :)
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the latin phrase "non sum qualis eram" on my wrist. It means "i'm not who i was". Also getting "353" worked in somehow, or "CCCLIII" (353) for my starting weight... :)

I love that~ what a great idea (with the starting weight)!

2858698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My next one will be a cursive letter L on my left wrist, both for my initial, and for how my mom used to embroider an L on my shirts like Laverne, and because I'm dyslexic and it might help me remember. :blushing:
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    ive got a piece on my right side of my ribs and once i hit my goal i plan on getting something on my left hip/thigh area probably some tiger lillies or some other flowers. my other tattoos have meaning already to them and now i just want something pretty to balance everything out
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Not really goal weight related but as soon as I've had my operation on my left hip I am going to have quite a large tattoo of a phoenix on my left side to symbolise the start of the new me. I will be able to work out too then so it also will symbolise my new body. I'm just not getting it untl I've saved up enough money for a decent artist (ad of course after my hip surgery)
  • kctmw
    kctmw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really want to get a zia somewhere on me, and a HP quote. :) But, I want both of them to be somewhere that isn't too noticeable... You know? Still gotta be a lady. :)

I want to get my wand with some swirly magic coming from it and a Patronus-like Gryffindor lion in with the magic. I want it on the top of my foot and I'm drawing it myself. I'm not sure if I will actually go through with it, but it's fun to think about :)

Nice. Mine will say I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. and my BFF will have Mischief Managed. Haha.

Ha. I am also getting a tat that says "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" or either "9 3/4" on my wrist. I love HP :)
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I really want to get half sleeves (upper arm only) on each of my arms, but I'm not sure what i want. I also want some Harry Potter and Zelda related eventually as well.
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have already gotten one, when i reached 80 pounds lost i got a scorpion on my right shoulder blade. Once I'm at my ultimate goal and feel comfortable showing it off, I'm going to get a phoenix on my left side. It's going to represent my transformation and coming from the ashes as a new person :)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting corset lacing tattooed on my back.

oooooh PRETTY!!!
  • tanyaMax
    Options

great idea with the starting weight! love it!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    I'm going to get a full body tattoo of what I used to look like when I was fat.

Hahahaha Love it.
  • tanyaMax
    Options
    I have already gotten one, when i reached 80 pounds lost i got a scorpion on my right shoulder blade. Once I'm at my ultimate goal and feel comfortable showing it off, I'm going to get a phoenix on my left side. It's going to represent my transformation and coming from the ashes as a new person :)

I've got a scoprion too. i take it your a scorpio??
    lots offolks seem to want the phoenix on here :0)