MEN and WOMEN: Lose 10lbs in July 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    had a really bad wk this wk and gained 3lb (talk about make it hard for meself lol) but back on track this wk!!! and ready to lose my 10lb +!! :frown:
  • marzi89
    marzi89 Posts: 3
    Options
    I lost a pound! will do better next week :flowerforyou:
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    Okay this is the ONLY week I am contacting people who have signed up and have not posted their weight. The only reason I have decided to do this is to make sure they know that I do have them down for participating in this challenge. Right now we have 176 members signed up. Of those 48 have not given me their starting and week 1's weight. I have another 44 people who still have not posted their week 1's weight. With me only being able to contact 5 new users every 10 min. You can figure how long it will take me to contact each and everyone of these people. That is a total of 92 people I need something from which will take me about 19 different sessions for about a total of a little over 3 hours non stop.
  • angie_roo
    angie_roo Posts: 55
    Options
    ugh, i've been stuck at the same couple of pounds for awhile.

SW - 193 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 1)
    Week 1 192.2. lbs (FRIDAY JULY 8)
    Week 2 - xxx lbs (FRIDAY JULY 15)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (FRIDAY JULY 22)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (FRIDAY JULY 29)
    Total lost - xx lbs (MONDAY AUGUST 1)
  • ashley26704
    ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    sorry if i'm a little late :p

SW - 156lbs (FRIDAY JULY 1)
    Week 1 - 155 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 8)
    Only a pound, but ill do better!! (:
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Okay this is the ONLY week I am contacting people who have signed up and have not posted their weight. The only reason I have decided to do this is to make sure they know that I do have them down for participating in this challenge. Right now we have 176 members signed up. Of those 48 have not given me their starting and week 1's weight. I have another 44 people who still have not posted their week 1's weight. With me only being able to contact 5 new users every 10 min. You can figure how long it will take me to contact each and everyone of these people. That is a total of 92 people I need something from which will take me about 19 different sessions for about a total of a little over 3 hours non stop.

Yes, ma'am. Thanks again for everything you do!
    ~TGM
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options

I think you ROCK for managing this challenge. You are a generous and kind soul to handle so many people. And you're motivating ALL of us. :flowerforyou:
  • jlbiles
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words. I enjoying being able to help the group out.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I agree. you are amazing to do this. But like you said - make this the " only " time and that's it. You shouldn't be baby sitting anyone - serious p eople- comitted people- will remember where they signed up and will report on time. I'm so happy you are doing this , it gives me a motivation and a short term focus .. i have a " big picture goal " but this is helping me to break it down a little more .. appreciate all you are doing - but please don't stay at the comp that long- you need to get your exercise and your work done FOR YOURSELF .. nobody has " extra " t ime .. i just don't want you to miss out on your workouts and food preperation because you are contacting that many people and staying at the comp that long. (just my opinion and maybe because i don't want you to get exhausted and tired from managing this and than maybe stop it , it would be a big loss for us that are comittet to this topic )
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    SW - 146 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 1)
    Week 1 - 142.5 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 8) - I actually weighed this morning July 9th

Very excited! Woot Woot!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Is it too late to join???
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    SW - 190 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 1)
    Week 1 - 189 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 8) - Itechnically July 9th

Well i'm not raelly on track for 10lbs so far but i'll take anything
  • trp1978
    trp1978 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hope it's ok for me to join - I was on a different July Challenge thread, but no one seems to be keeping up with that one. Anyway, I just joined MFP on July 1 so I know my start weight.

July 1: 170
    July 8: 168
  • jlbiles
    Options
    Okay I have contacted everyone I can today. I forgot the rule about only 25 new people in one day:( Please when I post the database again check your log in name to make sure I have it correctly. I have tried to contact a few others but they told me that the user idea was not correct.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    SW - 149.5 (FRIDAY JULY 1)

Week 1 - 149.5 (FRIDAY JULY 8)
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited to see how much weight the group lost as a whole. I saw the posts coming in and was just amazed at how much everyone was down after only a week.

We. Are. Awesome. Keep it up, group!
    ~TGM
  • jlbiles
    Options
    It is amazing to see. In June we had a total of just 28 people who finished the challenged out of over 100. (By finishing I mean weight in every week). Week 1 we lost 79; week2 - 47' week 3 - 13, week 4 - 51 for a grand total of 192. I think we did really good for such a small group.
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SW - 204.4 lbs
    Week 1 - 203.8 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 8)
    Week 2 - (FRIDAY JULY 15)
    Week 3 - (FRIDAY JULY 22)
    Week 4 - (FRIDAY JULY 29)
    Total Loss (MONDAY AUGUST 1)
  • txfamilyof7
    txfamilyof7 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am up for a challenge!!!

SW - 159.8 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 1)
    Week 1 -158.8 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 8)
  • lc522
    lc522 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Here's mine for the week

SW - 200 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 1)
    Week 1 - 209 lbs (FRIDAY JULY 8)

Not as great as I would like but I'll take it since the 4th of July was diasterous to my diet and exercise!

I messed this up my starting weight was 210 not 200. I must have typed it in wrong...opps