Options

Replies

• NEcamper47
    NEcamper47 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! Definately something. :tongue:
  • JenniferWideman
    Options
    You can count me in! Almost 46, have kids at home, but I do fit! I'm new as of today, so I will start offocially tomorrow. Connect with me any time.
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am 44 with two boys, 17 and 13.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Ive gotten several friend requests since this thread started........thanks everyone for adding me. Its nice to have some new blood in the system :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Okay fellow 40 something's, what prompted you to make a change?

When I was 39, we were finished having kids, had just moved back from Europe, and my military hubby and I were trying to lose a few pounds.

Then my life ended: my husband had a massive stroke and 1/2 his brain was killed. I have spent the last 7 years taking care of him and our 3 children, who were 3,6,and 9 at the time. Now, they are 10, 13, and 16.

This spring I went swim suit shopping with my 13 yr old daughter and saw my MOM's body in the mirror!!!

It was Lent so I decided to give up pop and sugary drinks, a few weeks later a friend and fellow 40 yr old Mom introduced me to MPF. I decided it's time to take care of the Caregiver!!

Last week I hit my 10# loss mark and have learned so much about weight loss and working out! I'm looking forward to hearing from all you other 40 somethings and how your'e making it happen! It is so easy to gain at this age!!!
  • Missjava
    Missjava Posts: 2
    Options
    I just turned 40 a few days ago and am new to this site.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

When I was 39, we were finished having kids, had just moved back from Europe, and my military hubby and I were trying to lose a few pounds.

Then my life ended: my husband had a massive stroke and 1/2 his brain was killed. I have spent the last 7 years taking care of him and our 3 children, who were 3,6,and 9 at the time. Now, they are 10, 13, and 16.

This spring I went swim suit shopping with my 13 yr old daughter and saw my MOM's body in the mirror!!!

It was Lent so I decided to give up pop and sugary drinks, a few weeks later a friend and fellow 40 yr old Mom introduced me to MPF. I decided it's time to take care of the Caregiver!!

Last week I hit my 10# loss mark and have learned so much about weight loss and working out! I'm looking forward to hearing from all you other 40 somethings and how your'e making it happen! It is so easy to gain at this age!!!
    It is so easy to forget to take care of yourself when you have so many depending on you!!
    How wonderful for your husband to have you, it is so hard to take care of a loved one. I could neve get past remembering who this person once was, and how they were so different now.
    Support is here!!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 a few days ago and am new to this site.
    Welcome!!!
  • Northantsman
    Options
    A 40 something guy in the UK here. 43 and I decided I had to do something about my cholesterol. The side effect was that I lost a lot of the weight I'd put on through eating a healthier diet. At my goal weight now so I am happy to support (and not preach to) anyone who would like to send me a friend request.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    <waving>
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm the 40 something. 5'6" and looking for a support group! :flowerforyou:
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I ended up needing a wheelchair - no cartilage in my hips - and I am hating the pounds I've put on in the past 2 years. Surgery isn't scheduled yet, but I want to get a head start on weight loss so I can get back on my feet faster when it finally happens. I also want to travel and don't want to pay for "extra baggage!" :laugh:
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    We are here :)
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Me too, 42 years young and have 6 lb to go. Add me x
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love to join a 40 something group. I am 42 with two grown kids. Love MFP, it keeps me going and accountable for my decisions with food and exercise.

:smile:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 next month - we're out here! I have tried to lose weight before but never keep it off - I was in a weight loss group at work and getting nowhere but frustrated in Jan. when my coworkers told me about MPF - 32 lbs. later & exercising every day I feel great! Lots of pounds to go, but I know I can get there if I keep at it. I have found lots of fabulous people my age & up (and younger as well!) here on MFP and the support system is what keeps me going. Good luck all!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    44 and losing weight to alleviate pain from knee arthritis, and stave off diabetes for as long as possible given my strong family history. Being able to wear shorts or a bathing suit without embarrassment would be awesome as well.

My husband and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and we have two sons, ages 16 and 13.
  • ohb1blonde
    ohb1blonde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me! Add me too!
    Any 40-somethings with hypothyroidism??
    I need help, I am maintaining but that is about it but i need to lose weight.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    49 (for a few more weeks). I topped out at 217 in 1994.

I started getting serious about losing weight again when I saw a picture of the back side of 2 women prepping at a camp kitchen. Who is that? Turns out it was me and my best friend and we were both horrified. This got us out walking and we even signed up to do a cancer walk and we lost a few pounds and were really pumped. Then I got sick and was diagnosed with MS - we didn't do the walk and sort of lost our momentum.

That's the last picture I have of me - and when my son moved out of the province to go to University and I realized that he has no pictures of mom I decided to get on with it.

I go in fits and bursts. I have RRMS so while I'm in remission I can do the exercise and work hard at it, when I relapse my legs don't work quite right and I have vertigo and double vision, and optic nerve damage in one eye. I'm not stopping the process this time.

Because, really when you think about it, I'm not going to get another chance to have the health I had 5 years ago. I do have the opportunity to go forward from here with a healthier lifestyle and a positive attitude.

Onward and Upward!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. I'm am 44 yr old, mother of 3 beautiful kids, grandma to 2 soon to be 3. I live in Troy, MO and absolutely love MFP. Would be glad to be a part of this group. Count me in...sent you a friend request. :smile: