40 Somethings ~ Where Are You??

Options
12346»

Replies

• astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Count me in - 44 5ft 8, lost 51 lbs already but hoping this site kees me more focused and I can get inspiration from u guys!! how do u add people?????
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'11" and 42 years old with 3 beautiful daughters that I love dearly....25, 20 & 9...no grandkids just a grand-doggie :laugh:

Would love to join....feel free to add me :smile:
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Ive gotten several friend requests since this thread started........thanks everyone for adding me. Its nice to have some new blood in the system :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Agreed ~ you can never have too many people supporting your weight loss journey!!
  • dawnstl
    Options
    Okay fellow 40 something's, what prompted you to make a change?

When I was 39, we were finished having kids, had just moved back from Europe, and my military hubby and I were trying to lose a few pounds.

Then my life ended: my husband had a massive stroke and 1/2 his brain was killed. I have spent the last 7 years taking care of him and our 3 children, who were 3,6,and 9 at the time. Now, they are 10, 13, and 16.

This spring I went swim suit shopping with my 13 yr old daughter and saw my MOM's body in the mirror!!!

It was Lent so I decided to give up pop and sugary drinks, a few weeks later a friend and fellow 40 yr old Mom introduced me to MPF. I decided it's time to take care of the Caregiver!!

Last week I hit my 10# loss mark and have learned so much about weight loss and working out! I'm looking forward to hearing from all you other 40 somethings and how your'e making it happen! It is so easy to gain at this age!!!
    It is so easy to forget to take care of yourself when you have so many depending on you!!
    How wonderful for your husband to have you, it is so hard to take care of a loved one. I could neve get past remembering who this person once was, and how they were so different now.
    Support is here!!

My story is similar with my husband having a life changing cancer battle 4 years ago. Throat cancer which makes eating even the simpliest of meals a challenge. Life has never been the same. You are such an AWESOME person to be taking care of your husband. I feel your pain. Hang in there and remember to take care of yourself. Your kids need a healthy parent. That's what motivates me the most!! And more than anything you DESERVE it!!
  • dawnstl
    Options
    Count me in - 44 5ft 8, lost 51 lbs already but hoping this site kees me more focused and I can get inspiration from u guys!! how do u add people?????

Hi, just click on the person's name and their profile will pop up. Then you'll see the 'add as a friend' button.

Welcome!

Dawn
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options

Standard story. Work and life got busy in my 30s, put on 35 lbs, lost 20 lbs, put back on 20 lbs, took up running again, lost some weight, got Neo Patella and had to look for a new form of exercise.

One of my biggest motivators (other than the SO challenge) was becoming a Cub Scout leader and discovering I did not have the wherewithal to keep up with the little bugger. Being that it looked like I would be involved for a while, I felt the need to get myself in better shape for the backpacking, camping and hiking. Happily I am in best shape I have been since I participated in Track and Field in High School.

Now I just need to maintain the heather lifestyle and not backslide in to laziness again. :laugh:
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options

My goal is to eliminate the meds I currently take. The doctor won't even 'think' about stopping or reducing my meds, but when I mentioned how much I wanted to lose (40 - 50lbs). He said that would definitely make a difference. So here I am, putting my body to where my mouth is :laugh:

I've always been an active person but my diet has never been what it should be. I'm not drastically changing anything but I am trying to be more aware of what and when I eat. I'm also adding more exercise which always does a body well :bigsmile:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump