Good-For-You Food(s) That You Can't Stand

Options

Replies

• blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    Mine is yogurt. I wish I could learn to love it. I've tried a lot of brands and flavors, but they all end up tasting like sour milk :(
    Try throwing it in the freezer! I can't stand yogurt either, but somehow it tastes better while a bit icy! And today, something magical happened after I transferred it to the fridge for awhile--it was like soft ice cream! Delicious!
  • falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, mushrooms, oatmeal, beets, milk, and i could go on and on
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @Kalrez - Big Ditto - Yoghurt - really want to like it but haven't come across one or acquired the taste yet.

Another is Oats as in Porridge - although :huh: had a spoonful of my Wife's this morning and I'll maybe give it another shot. Would be so good - being winter here.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Blech!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    How about just veggies in general! :bigsmile: But I keep putting my big girl panties on and eating them anyway because I know they are super good for me and low in calories. I am slowly beginning to have less and less distain for them.
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Yucky yuck!
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I dislike most fruits & vegetables. And it really bugs me how everyone says we should eat organic food yet it is so overpriced! Who can afford to eat that stuff!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Peppers, Onions, Beets, Brussels Sprouts, Squash, Asparagus, Avacado, tofu- that's all I can think of at the moment. There are lots of bad foods I cant stand either. (thankfully)
  • chanceA
    chanceA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You know I don't think my problem is foods I don't like, I like food! But giving up half & half, butter, peanut butter, pasta, salami, pepperoni, sopresato, (etc, etc) and italian bread just seems to take the joy out of life. And alcohol, did I mention alcohol? Doh!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Apples, but that's not fair because they actually make me sick :(
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I really like yogurt but there was this one kind we bought at Kroger for awhile called Carbmaster (husbands friend recommended it because it had a crap ton of protein in it and the husband is trying to gain weight via muscle) and it tasted like straight up cheese which made me gag so bad because I can't stomach any cheese other than mozzarella!
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    Tomatoes! Yes, I like ketchup and pizza and tomato soup and I don't even mind little cooked chunks of tomato in my soup. But raw? Sick.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used to hate a lot of heathier foods before I randomly forced myself to like them haha. I used to hate fish of all kinds, eggs, and cottage cheese especially. Now I LOVE all of those things. It's pretty weird that I was able to just change my mind about them haha, especially eggs, because the smell alone used to make me gag. At this point I'll eat just about anything!
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    I dislike most fruits & vegetables. And it really bugs me how everyone says we should eat organic food yet it is so overpriced! Who can afford to eat that stuff!

If you have room gardens are awesome, can't wait for mine to start producing so I can stop buying them at the store (not that I buy organic but still!) lol
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Still trying to wrap my brain around kale. I love it as kale chips (tossed with olive oil and sea salt and toasted in the oven until crispy), but so far have yet to acquire a taste for it raw.

My all-time, will NOT eat food is lima beans. Dunno how they rank on the health scale, but I've always disliked them.
  • Ahzuri
    Options
    Tomatoes! Yes, I like ketchup and pizza and tomato soup and I don't even mind little cooked chunks of tomato in my soup. But raw? Sick.

LOL! My husband is the same way! He always gives me the tomatoes off his salad because I love them and I always give him the cheese because I hate it (and he calls me weird for it!)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Avacados, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, lima beans, asparagus, and salads are boring on every level without meat.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Still trying to wrap my brain around kale. I love it as kale chips (tossed with olive oil and sea salt and toasted in the oven until crispy), but so far have yet to acquire a taste for it raw.

My all-time, will NOT eat food is lima beans. Dunno how they rank on the health scale, but I've always disliked them.

I can't do raw kale either, but sauteed in with some chicken, garlic, and olive oil = delicious. I toss it into scrambled eggs with cheese as well.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options

I can't do raw kale either, but sauteed in with some chicken, garlic, and olive oil = delicious. I toss it into scrambled eggs with cheese as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I don't eat meat, but I wonder if it would be good in a veggie saute ... hmm.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'll eat almost any veggie, but I can't stand eggplant, water chestnuts, or green olives.

Oh, and for the record, I love greek yogurt. A bit of plain yogurt with a spoonful of raw honey is better than ice cream ;-)