Good-For-You Food(s) That You Can't Stand

Options

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    We're all taking steps to live a healthier life and to eat better foods. There's a lot of information floating around about foods healthy diets should include. What's a healthy/healthful food that you can't stand?

Avocado--it's parrot puke, and it destroys me. I also can't stand brussel sprouts or radishes. Or beets, unless they're julienned so fine they're unidentifiable. I hate curried anything--curried foods literally make my airways shut down, and I'm left gasping, nose and eyes running. And that's just from being in the same room where it's being eaten.

I have, however, managed to learn to like asparagus. Some. I can eat it without making funny noises or crying. I consider that a NSV.

Edited to add cottage cheese, raw spinach and any sort of raw meat, including fish. And green bell peppers, which taste like dirt to me. I can tell if a green pepper has touched a food, and, while I CAN eat it, I'd rather not.

Kris
  • flamnfrekelz
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt - especially the strawberry one is actually pretty good tasting....it has less sugar than most yogurt and has a high amount of protein which keeps you feeling full. i usually have it as my afternoon snack to hold me over until dinner.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, aubergine, a lot of seafood....
  • fattymclardass
    Options
    Fish of pretty much any kind, I can only stomach fried shrimp and the frozen fish sticks which I know arent the slightest bit good for you!
    I love raw tomato's - cant stand them cooked unless in a completely thin sauce
    Peppers - all peppers - hate them
    Liver, beans, fruits except watermelon and strawberries, yogurt, any cheese besides american, sour cream.....so much....its terrible
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Bananas. Can't stand the smell, taste or texture.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Onions.
    All fruit.

I haven't eaten fruit in ...probably 20 years. I remember as a kid hating fruit but trying to please my parents by eating an apple, then throwing up, then deciding, no more fruit for me, not even going to try.

Onions, my mum hates and I think she trained me from a young age to associate the taste of onions with repulsion. I can forget about eating sooooo many foods prepared by other people because onions seem to be the primary source of flavour for over half of all prepared dishes.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I used to hate a lot of heathier foods before I randomly forced myself to like them haha. I used to hate fish of all kinds, eggs, and cottage cheese especially. Now I LOVE all of those things. It's pretty weird that I was able to just change my mind about them haha, especially eggs, because the smell alone used to make me gag. At this point I'll eat just about anything!

well, maybe there is hope for me yet, then! LOL!!!

Eggs make me gag :sick: and i do NOT eat seafood of ANY sort. FREAKS. ME. OUT. SERIOUSLY. Like full-blown anxiety attack and tears. :noway: :embarassed: :sad: I'd eat eggs for $1000 but i wouldn't eat seafood for $1,000,000 if that tells ya something :laugh:
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    One thing I try to tell myself is that your taste buds change every few years (roughly 7 years), so I try to revisit foods on my "not eating this" list. I've learned that I enjoy some foods that I previously hated - cream cheese, for example. However, there are still foods on it from way back in the day.

- Squash
    - Zucchini
    - Raw onion
    - Okra

Thanks for the various yogurt suggestions. I may give them a shot. I want to like yogurt so badly, but I still taste the sourness in the background lol
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had to go through this whole thread to find something that I didn't like (couldn't think of anything on my own). Mushrooms for sure. Hate the texture.

Everything else though pretty much is a go. Even brussels sprouts. I really really REALLY love them caramelized with lemon juice
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    mine is tomatoes and green beans.. they both make me wanna VOMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and FISH! i will no eat it i REFUSE and I HATE to even SMELL it.. It makes me wanna DIE
  • Gulfgrammy
    Gulfgrammy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the fresh veggies and fruit ... especially berries, cantaloupe, watermelon, and tomatoes . :love:
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sadly, my biggest problem is that I can not think of a single food that I do not like. It used to be oysters but then I tried them baked and loved them. I wish that there were lots of foods that I didn't like, it would make cutting calories way easier.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    tuna!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've never had kale in any form. I've only had beets like 3 times in my life - don't think I was that impressed with them. I can't stand liver, and I don't like avocados, but pretty much everything else people have talked about here I like.

Oh - kiwi! I don't like kiwi! It must be a mental block thing because I love so many other fruits/veggies!
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mine are eggs of any kind. Hard Boiled egg for breakfast or snack, great protein yes, can stand to eat it or an egg in any other form NO!

Glad to know it isn't just me! :D
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Fish. I realy wish I liked it because of all those healthy Omega 3s. I've tried it many times and different types but I cannot get past the smell, the texture. Yuck.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Eggs cant stand em unless they are cooked with butter and cheese lol ya know the not so healthy way.
    Also FISH! Hate hate hate it! Its weird cause I love crab legs and shrimp but ya out a pile of fish in front of me and it makes me want to puke!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Advacados and Cauliflower. Although I do enjoy guacamole. lol
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Avocados (unless in guacamole haha), mushrooms (unless very finely chopped), eggplant (I'll only eat it deep-fried in pakora LOL), and lettuce. I love spinach, but I hate lettuce. I'll plan to make a salad for lunch or supper & I usually just end up picking out the other veggies (peppers, carrots, cucumber, etc) & leaving all the leafy greens lol