Complaints about U.S. fast food... Something needs to be don

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, what needs to be done is banish fast food altogether LOL

I concur!!! It's all gross, imho.

No what needs to be done is people take responsiblity for themselves.Yes lets banish fast food,hell lets banish drinking to because there is nothing good and healthy about that (wait didnt we try that once?)
    Lets just start banning everything,screw it who needs a free country anyways.Its much easier to just banish stuff that way no one ever needs to take responsabiltity for their own actions
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    scone.jpg
    That is a TON of butter! Better track it :smile:

That is clotted cream...the most amazing cream in the world...and a bazillion calories. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotted_cream
    The scone with jam and clotted cream and a cup of tea is known as a 'cream tea', very popular in southwest England (farmer country, where I used to live).
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    WOW.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You ban fast food and I'll hunt you down. I love that *kitten*.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Just say NO!!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Uh. English food and American food are just very different. Period.

Sounds like the KFC you went to sucks, but the menus aren't going to be the same at all.

When I was in England, I had a tandoori chicken pizza from Domino's. We don't have that here. It's not right or wrong. It's just different. Different countries. Different tastes.
  • lauz45
    Options
    When I was in England, I had a tandoori chicken pizza from Domino's. We don't have that here. It's not right or wrong. It's just different. Different countries. Different tastes.

Yum, never seen that. I'm jealous of your orchard chicken subway though :)
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    scone.jpg

That's not butter dear it's clotted cream or it can sometimes either be whipped cream too

Now I cant wait to get to Cornwall and have my cream tea in a few weeks.... and please do not get on how to pronounce scone in England or if the jam or cream goes on first lmao
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :wink: )
    scone.jpg

That's not butter dear it's clotted cream or it can sometimes either be whipped cream too

Now I cant wait to get to Cornwall and have my cream tea in a few weeks.... and please do not get on how to pronounce scone in England or if the jam or cream goes on first lmao

Scone is pronounced so it rhyms with s'gone - as in if you put that delicious morsel in front on me its s'gone!

I think we should start a thread called "who's right? American vs English" we could discuss the cultural differences in language with subjects such as - scone/biscuit, chips/fries, *kitten*/cigarette ... the list is endless and could have real comedy potential :laugh:

Back to the original numpty's rant - what a complete load of bollocks (not sure of the American version of that one :wink:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Yeah, with all the "fast" food options in NYC, there was no reason for you to eat at KFC and McD's. Halal Brothers...Pateriza Pizza (and a million other pizza joints)...Mr. Softee (for when you're wanting some soft serve, yum!). So many other options than the traditional fast food places. My husband and I go to NYC (chaperoning a school trip) every year and we SOOOOOOOO look foward to all the yummy food there that we chart it out. LOL.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Soylent green is the answer... assure uniformity in quality worldwide. It can be our only form of sustenance, and if it's rationed will totally get rid of our need to go on diets to begin with. :laugh:

But..."Soylent Green is ..........PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111eleventy!"
  • lauz45
    Options
    Scone is pronounced so it rhyms with s'gone - as in if you put that delicious morsel in front on me its s'gone!

I think we should start a thread called "who's right? American vs English" we could discuss the cultural differences in language with subjects such as - scone/biscuit, chips/fries, *kitten*/cigarette ... the list is endless and could have real comedy potential :laugh:

Back to the original numpty's rant - what a complete load of bollocks (not sure of the American version of that one :wink:

I agree with that pronounciation wholeheartedly :) scone to rhyme with stone is just not right.

And see this thread!: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262244-english-to-english-translator?hl=english/english
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    :wink: )
    scone.jpg

Mmmm...clotted/Devonshire cream (we can get that here BTW, I buy it once a year for our St. Patrick's Day party). I grew up in Australia and we always pronounced it like s'gone...here in the US they say scOWN (like stone but with the c). I know I get strange looks whenever I order one because of how I pronounce it :laugh: But...you say tomAto...I say TomAHto :tongue:

Oh and fast food is nasty no matter where you get it (with some minor exceptions!).
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Back to the original numpty's rant

**** u
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    In Australia, the KFC box meals come with 1 chicken fillet burger, regular fries, 1 piece of fried chicken, a tub of potato with gravy, and a soft drink. My husband and I get one once every year or so and share it between us (he has the burger and potato-and-gravy, I have the chicken piece and chips, one of us gets the included drink and we usually buy a second drink). The potato and gravy is horrid in my opinion - beans sound healthier, but I'm pretty sure KFC doesn't sell them here.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Okay this is silly...i'm hoping these pics work!

Here in England this is what we call biscuits - hot cup of tea to dunk them in, optional (but yummy).
    teaandbiccys.jpg
    Rich_tea2.jpg
    McVitiesDigestivesChocolate.jpg

This is what American's call biscuits
    buttermilk.jpg

This is what we call scones.
    scone.jpg

Sorted.

And now, and American scone:
    7ca253ef-a931-418b-8338-3aecab45ea39.jpg
  • kingkong123
    kingkong123 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You ban fast food and I'll hunt you down. I love that *kitten*.

My thoughts exactly!
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    and i thought i was pissed when i went to New Orleans and the arby's wouldn't sell me a large diet coke only a small
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Something is wrong when they sell products with twice the calories of homemade with 10 times the junk. Chick Thigh ingredients should be Chicken Thigh and that's it. If all those junk fast food places went out of business America would make great health gains by that alone.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Chick Thigh ingredients should be Chicken Thigh and that's it.
    That's some mad blandness, man.

What about ground pepper? A little salt or soy sauce? Rosemary? Basil? And tons of garlic, of course.

But if you're just referring to the friedness of it, then sure, I agree.