Complaints about U.S. fast food... Something needs to be don

Options

Replies

• significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    In Australia, we use more or less the same definitions of "scones" and "biscuits" as the British. We have savoury scones as well as sweet scones, though: they are basically the same, except that sweet scones sometimes have some sugar in the mix (and sometimes dried fruit or even chocolate) and (if plain) are served with jam and cream, whereas savoury scones have other ingredients (most commonly cheese, sometimes herbs or pumpkin) in the dough and are served plain or with butter.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That's not butter dear it's clotted cream or it can sometimes either be whipped cream too
    Well whatever it is, calling it clotted makes more sense since that's what it looks like it will do to your arteries.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mmmm love cheese scones I'm not so keen on the fruit ones. I'm from the south east of England and pronounce it scOnes (like cone) my fiance is from up north and says I'm a posh snob as he says scon lol
  • kmal2t
    kmal2t Posts: 21
    Options
    If your experience of our fast food was KFC and McDonalds its no wonder you were disappointed. Those are the worst of the fast food chains. Anyone remember Hot-n Now? The only time I'll ever eat McDonalds is out of necessity like if I'm travelling and there is really NOTHING else. ANd KFC? Seriously? It's 100% salt and MSG and grease. The only good thing there was the crispy twister and I don't even know if they have that anymore?

Go to Jack in the Box, In-N-Out burger, Fatburger, Carls Jr. or even a Panda Express....oh I forgot Arby's and their glorious Big Montana and curly fries with ARBY SHHAWSH! Or even a Sonic or Taco Bell will get you some good grubbing. Anyway, don't eat that ****. Not even worth the calories.
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Back to the original numpty's rant

**** u

Charming :flowerforyou:
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Go to Jack in the Box, In-N-Out burger, Fatburger, Carls Jr. or even a Panda Express....oh I forgot Arby's and their glorious Big Montana and curly fries with ARBY SHHAWSH! Or even a Sonic or Taco Bell will get you some good grubbing.
    Fatburger is the only among those that doesn't suck out loud. Seriously, Taco Bell? What the eff.
    Charming :flowerforyou:
    It wasn't exactly a complimentary term.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I went to new york last year, and didnt even consider going into a fast food chain that you could get in the UK, why would you do that?!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    when i went to NY i had one macdonalds partly because it was out last day and almost out of cash and because we wanted to see if it was the same lol.

they gave me the wrong order but it was still the same as the uk. no real difference to be honest.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a theory in this one, could be wrong because I'm not from NY I'm from manchester in the UK!

Isn't there a ban on trans fats in NYC? I'm pretty sure they've banned a lot of additives that we'd have in our chicken in the uk. NYC sets a lot of trends when it comes to health, they banned trans fats and then the smoking bans etc. They do things and we follow. You might find their chicken just didn't have as much crap. You ever tried making something similar to KFC at home? It tastes bland and a bit rubbish..that's all the additives that are rubbishbad for you that taste good. You can guarentee that there's loads of salt in it ours in England too.

As other people said it's made to that regions specifications, they might like their chicken like that but by the looks of the healthier people on here it's pretty bad as a standard. I'd just suggest going to subway, can't get a sandwich wrong surely..

ALTHOUGH..someone at work was saying he went into subway in the US and asked for a cheese and tomato sandwich and she couldn't comprehend the fact that was ALL he wanted on his sub. She literally told him he couldn't have that because it's not a valid sandwich hahahaha. That's definately something English that we love then!
  • OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? You come to the US and you eat fast food? Not the amazing pizza, hot dogs or other amazing foods. No. You eat crappy KFC and McDonald's. Seriously?
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for posting the most unlikely rant I would imagine I'd see on a site that is designed to encourage healthy eating and exercise!
    And please take on board the fact that the world is an incredible place, cultural differences are fascinating. Instead of whining because the beans at KFC aren't the same (who knew KFC even offered beans, I've never seen them advertised in Australia?) use the opportunity to learn about how other people live and eat.

Here, here! Couldn't have said it better myself! This thread is so amusing - is it serious?!
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just started reading this thread....was about to give up, but THIS is the comment I was waiting for....THANK YOU!
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't think the solution is to rid of fast food. Imagine all the unemployment!!

I think people just need to be responsible for what they eat...stop blaming unhealthy diets on fast food chains. No one is forcing you to buy that quarter-pounder for lunch!

Just started reading this thread....was about to give up, but THIS is the comment I was waiting for....THANK YOU!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I visited NY 2 years ago and had a hot dog from a vendor, a sweet *kitten* pizza and McDonald's (out of cash). McDonald's tasted the same, just bigger sizes really.

Ridiculous post! :laugh:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    ah, never mind.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Like other people have said this has to be a joke, if not I think I just got a lot dumber yes sir by reading this gosh darn post lol. Really? This is a site about making healthy choices, I think that why It's call myfittpal and not myfastfoodpal
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fast food is nasty and no good for you no matter where you eat it.....
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I don't know.. my husband has been all over Europe and says the fast food there (MD's and such) are HORRIBLE and are NOTHING like America's.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You came to america for holiday and only ate fast food?

lol there are fantastic restaurants around. Fast food sucks anyway and is a waste of money. lol

Plus if I were to go to england, KFC or MCd's wouldn't be on my list of "Restaurants I MUST eat at"

lol this post makes me giggle.

I have to agree. Did you do anything else while you were in the US other than canvas our "fast food" eateries?