Row the World Game - CLOSED boat (Capt jagrib0112)

Options

Replies

• cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey Knotty Girls sorry I've been MIA this weekend I had my sons birthday and then a family emergency so I wasn't able to work out. I'm going to try and work extra hard this week because my kiddo is with his dad for 2 weeks so I can exercise anytime I want. You're all doing awesome!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! I didn't give you girls a total last night! Guess I was a little sleepy after my swim! :-)

Yesterday, we burned a total of 5155 calories - that's 103.1 miles. Kind of a chill day for most.

Just a reminder - tomorrow is our next double miles day. Make sure you make an effort to move tomorrow. Every little bit counts!

I just checked the map and as of right now, we're in 8th place. I think Lee still has quite a few ships to update, but I'm hoping everyone took yesterday as a bit of a rest, since Saturday was such a big one.

Hope everyone's keeping cool! It's super duper hot here this week!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    What are some of your favorite workouts?

I can't really say that I like ANY of them. Well, maybe with the exception of swimming. The only problem I have with swimming is my stupid swimsuits. I have two and they're both tankini's. And I HATE them! lol The tops refuse to stay in place, so when I'm trying to do laps or jog in the water, the tops are always bobbing around, making me uncomfortable. Is it so much to ask to give this BIG girl a ONE PIECE SUIT!!!???

Ahem.

Sorry.....rant over....

Aside from swimming, my next favorite thing to do is the treadmill. Which is a huge surprise for me to actually say. But I think I like it best because I really feel like I'm DOING something. I sweat buckets and really feel like I've pushed myself to do more than anything else.

And last, I have a couple workout DVDs. 30DS is one of them. And while I have to modify some of the exercises, and I'm still on level 1, and I really don't like Jillian, I get a pretty good sweat going. And 400 calories burned for 20 minutes is pretty good.
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Okay...Lee just updated the map and we're still in 8th place! So, Yay us! :smile:
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Jen - About the swim suit issue! I totally understand. I have a two piece tankini to but I cheated and bought a maternity top so it was long enough to cover my jiggly belly and it doesn't ride up like my stupid skirt does. lol
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Well, I finally got a skirt to fit....50lbs lost will do that, I guess. lol But lose as I might, that stupid spare tire just makes the tankini tops ride up, exposing my pasty white stomach to the world.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    LOL Now I feel like a loser, I don't even own a bathing suit that fits properly. I have one that fitted, when I started here. Haven't tried it on in over a year, so if I ever wanna go swimming, I would probably swim OUT of that thing. ROFL
    Seems it's shopping time for this kitten. Public pool is a long drive away from my home, but I think I will still buy a nice bathing suit, just in case ... =^_^= (and it's always good to have a reason for some serious shopping)
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sorry - didn't get much in today. Only 370 calories. I'll try to do more tomorrow.

Workouts for me are something on DVD that I can break down into little pieces as time permits. I like Leslie Sansone because I can work in a mile at a time for as little as 15-16 minutes at a time. On busy days I may do one in the morning and one later, or if I have a larger block of time can do 2-3 miles at a time.

Take Care,

Sue
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally got a skirt to fit....50lbs lost will do that, I guess. lol But lose as I might, that stupid spare tire just makes the tankini tops ride up, exposing my pasty white stomach to the world.

That's why I went with the Maternity top, it's longer to cover up those pregnant bellies or in my case icky stretched out tubby syndrome! lol And the best part is you can't tell is a maternity top. :) But don't worry just keep going and pretty soon you won't mind showing off some belly. :)
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Hello my Gorgeous Girlies!!!

We had a bit of a slow day yesterday. I had a really rough night with the filling that I got yesterday afternoon. Took a hydro before bed and was still in a ton of pain. Woke up this morning with a lot, too. Somehow, though, 2 Aleve took care of what a hydro couldn't. Imagine that.

Anyway, back to rowing this darn boat with all of ya! I got in 20 minutes with Jillian this morning. Had to do a couple modifications, but made it all the way through my first day of level 2. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, though I was sweating a good amount by the end of it. I have a wake to go to tonight, so I'm not sure how much more calorie burning I'll be able to get in. Maybe if it's not too late when I get home tonight, I'll take a walk or hit the gym for a little bit. Probably won't make it home in time for the pool.

Just a note - today is double miles day. I'd really like to see everyone get a calorie burn on the charts. I know everyone has stuff going on and some of us are struggling more than others with weight/exercise related and not related issues. We just need to remember that we have a goal and that goal is to get our Knotty little boat around the world. And to reward ourselves with a handsome cabin boy at the end of it all. :wink:

As for yesterday, we burned 5065 calories for a total of ~101.3 miles. Lee hasn't updated the map since I sent him our numbers this morning, but as of 4:30am central time, we were still in 8th place. Let's keep it up Chickadees!
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options

That's why I went with the Maternity top, it's longer to cover up those pregnant bellies or in my case icky stretched out tubby syndrome! lol And the best part is you can't tell is a maternity top. :) But don't worry just keep going and pretty soon you won't mind showing off some belly. :)

I still wear my maternity swim suite.. but find it still floats up to the top of the water... so as soon as i get in... i tuck it into my bottoms.. lol.. i just have to remember to UNTUCK when i get out..;)
  • cobylea
    Options
    sorry guys I've been in a bit of a slump. I do have Zumba tonight and hopefully that'll perk me up and should give me a decent calorie burn as well.
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    [I still wear my maternity swim suite.. but find it still floats up to the top of the water... so as soon as i get in... i tuck it into my bottoms.. lol.. i just have to remember to UNTUCK when i get out..;)

I've been doing this, too! Sunday, I made a huge mistake though... Let's all have a laugh at the captain's expense, shall we? :laugh:

So, clearly, I'm a big girl. Big everywhere EXCEPT in the boob area. I always wear an underwire, padded, pushup bra to give the illusion that my boobs almost match the rest of me. Finding bras are really a nightmare for me.

Sunday, I wore a different suit to the pool than I normally do. It's a halter top and shows maximum cleavage, ya know, if you HAVE it... So, I decide to fill the cups with my chicken cutlets. lol They're these silicone pads that are supposed to pump up the volume. I usually put them in my strapless bra, so that I can fill out the cup. They made the boobs look real nice in the suit on Sunday. So, I'm feeling good. I go to the pool and then realize 'WTF am I going to do with these things in here???' I'm SWIMMING! Not sitting around trying to look cute! As soon as I start moving around in the water, the chicken cutlets are going to pop right out. lol

The pool was much more crowded on Sunday night than normal, due to the incredibly disgusting heat that we've been having. So, I couldn't really swim laps, but that was certainly a blessing. I just did my water jogging back and forth, every once in a while, checking to make sure the stupid things were still in there. I'm sure if anyone noticed me, they thought I was feeling myself up.

Next time, I'm going to have to get a suit with built in chicken cutlets.
  • Steel6981
    Options
    I just did my water jogging back and forth, every once in a while, checking to make sure the stupid things were still in there. I'm sure if anyone noticed me, they thought I was feeling myself up.

Next time, I'm going to have to get a suit with built in chicken cutlets.
    [/quote]

I've never heard them called chicken cutlets! I love it! And why are we blessed to lose it there first anyway?

493 for me today. Hope your filling is feeling better!

Sue
  • Steel6981
    Options
    Oops. I didn't go my quote right. FIrst time I tried using it - sorry. I was responding to Jen's post.

So much for my technical skills:smile:
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    507 for me today!
  • cobylea
    Options
    651 for me!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Good morning, my Pretties!!!

We had a great day yesterday! 9287 calories burned ~ 371.48 miles (after doubling).

I've been bothering Lee to update our boat - it doesn't look like we've moved in a couple days. At least that's what it looks like to me - anyone else see that?

I hope everyone's doing well. Tomorrow, we'll be attacking another boat. It will be someone near by us and this time, we'll get their LOWEST burner. We do get to triple their burn, so that's good. We actually have the potential to get attacked this time - that'll be interesting. Anyway, we'll talk about that tomorrow, when we have a better idea of who is actually closest to us.

Keep up the hard work girls! Love you all!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Steel6981
    Options
    678 today. Yea!! :smile:
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Great job today, Sue!!!