Row the World Game - CLOSED boat (Capt jagrib0112)

Options

Replies

• Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just tell us what you need from us to make that bet. I know I have nothing going this weekend so I can pick what exercise I'll be doing ahead of time if you need that info. We can do this!!

Today's calories 374. Too bad there are no calories burned for whining. My mantra all during the workout was pretty much "I'm tired, I'm hot, this sucks!" Can't wait until fall - best time for walking out doors in my neck of the woods! Hope everyone had a great day today and a great doubler day tomorrow! Go Knotty Girls!

Sue
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Welllllll.... I was going to take a rest day today cus I'm sooooooo sore from the past two days of Jillian... BUT my sweetie and I decided to go for a quick walk to stretch out some muscles... and it ended up being 2.36 miles... nice quick one, right? :)

But now I'm tired and sore... good thing I was offered a back massage tonight :0 Guess I have my own personal cabin boy.... anyone need me to share? ;)
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Okay Chickies. Today was a lower calorie-burning day. I hope everyone's gearing up for tomorrow's double miles day!

Total calories burned today is 5803 for a total of 116.06 miles.

We'll talk some tomorrow about how we want to strategize for Sunday. I guess it kind of depends on who we get paired up with, right??? Good night, Ladies!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    BTW - you got it Kathi! Yay! :-)
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    236 for me today
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty stoked about Friday and Sunday! I am curious to see how it all unfolds though. As for my total today I ended up getting in 632 calories burned for Thursday. That's an extra 166 from my earlier post Jen, maybe we can add those extras on to Friday?

Anyway tomorrow is double day so let's kick some calorie booty!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Coby & Kinda - I'd already gone to bed after I got your totals, so anything in excess of what I had before bed last night will get added to today's total. Nice job Ladies!

I hope everyone's ready to kick some *kitten* today!!! Double miles! Let's knock this one out of the park! I'd really like to see us get AT LEAST 8000 cals burned today. With the carry over from yesterday and the first workout I did this morning, we're already at 1338. Come on KNOTTY GIRLS!!!! We CAN do this!!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone's ready to kick some *kitten* today!!! Double miles! Let's knock this one out of the park! I'd really like to see us get AT LEAST 8000 cals burned today. With the carry over from yesterday and the first workout I did this morning, we're already at 1338. Come on KNOTTY GIRLS!!!! We CAN do this!!

Okay, I'm ready to kick butt!! So 8000 is 534 per person. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Steel6981
    Options
    534 per person....I'm game!!

Let's do it Ladies!!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo not going to do ANYTHING tomorrow. Got up 5 AM this morning (after 4 hours of sleep or so), did one hour of hiphopabs and 30DS, went to work, did some Zumba in my lunch break (with a short shower afterwards). went home and did two more hours of Zumba, which means 5 hours of work out today. Can someone please shoot me? LOL
    Without a hot bubble bath afterwards, I couldn't move at all. =^_^= I was offered a massage by my cabin boy (yes, I have a personal one too), plus a nice breakfast, but I#d have to take a 16 hour flight to get that, so not going to happen. ROFL
    Going to bed now, but all in all it was a very productive day. 2354 cals burned.
  • Steel6981
    Options
    684 for me today. Tomorrow I have to do a day of rest. My knees are killing me.

Sue
  • weeziews
    Options
    662 today!!
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Sorry for being late, but it's been a busy day and got home late... but my sweetie and I just finished Jillian!! Wahoo, 373 calories! But I totally forgot about my new HRM until I was already halfway in... geesh!!! Hopefully I'll remember tomorrow!!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    I, too, am pretty wiped out, though Sandy's got me beat by nearly 1000 cals today.

We did a pretty good job today. Had some incredible burns! Ready for this...?

Total Calories burned - 12959!!! With the double miles today, that comes out to 518.36 miles!!! FANTASTICO!!!! Everyone did phenomenally today. I'm so proud of all of us! We are some Knotty Knotty Girls!!!!

So, what is everyone's thoughts on how we work this betting thing on Sunday? Here's how I understand the game: We get paired up with another boat. And each boat bets x number of calories that THEIR boat will burn more than the other one. So, let's say we get teamed up with Hull Yeah. We bet 4000 calories that we will burn more than they will. And they bet 3000 calories that they'll beat us. If we burn more than them, we get the 4000 EXTRA cals and they have to DEDUCT 3000 from their total. And vice versa - if they win, we have to deduct 4000 from our total and they get to add 3000 to theirs. So, here's the thing. Say we bet 7000 and then only burn 6000 and we lose to our opponent - we end up going BACKWARDS by 1000 calories.

We definitely want to make sure that we don't over estimate. Right now, our average is about 8000 cals per day. But our lowest day was 5600, which also happened to be Day 1. So, here's the question...How much do we want to bet? Anyone have any thoughts on strategy here?
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well I know that I won't be able to put in a lot of cals on Sunday due to Sunday being my everything is due for school for the week and I have a huge test. I don't think we want to shoot to high but a nice decent number would be nice 6 or 7000 sounds good to me if our average is 8000.

Either way I know we will do awesome!!
  • weeziews
    Options
    Thank you for detailing out Sunday's rules. Should we see how many of us can commit to working out? Maybe we go with 7000 to be on the safe side. I don't think we should play it too safe. We need to kick it up and do some serious burns. I'm taking today off and hitting the gym tomorrow hard.

Great job everyone on their calories burned yesterday!! We rock!!!!!
  • Steel6981
    Options
    I agree. I think we should bet no more than we have the potential to earn on a normal day so the worse outcome would be zero not backwards. I think 7000 might be as high as it is smart to go. I know even today I am breaking things up a little and doing several little workouts so I have energy to do something higher cal burning tomorrow.

Sue
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I agree with 7000 cals. I can gaurantee 600 from me. Maybe more. hopefully more :)
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    today is my rest day, so I can guarantee a good burn tomorrow. Plan to make it an all-workout-day anyway.
    I think we are save with 6-7000 cals.
  • Steel6981
    Options
    Jne, 479 burned today. Took it easy so I can go at it tomorrow! Good Luck to all the Knotty GIrls!

Sue