Row the World Game - CLOSED boat (Capt jagrib0112)

Options

Replies

• nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    I finally saw the banners and I vote for #3!!!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    652 for me today...great job galathea! And you're all doing a fantastic job ladies! We can do this!!
  • nburns325
    Options
    326 for me... I feel like I'm not burning enough, but I got the Biggest Loser - Last Chance Workout dvd today and started it tonight and man, Jillian kicked my butt!!! I am so tired and sore!!!! I just guessed on the cals, by using the database and Circuit Training, General... I really need to get an HRM!

But I don't have a lot of time to fit in more workouts... how do you gals fit in so much and burn so much? Even when I walk my 3.5 miles at 3.7 to 3.8 mph, I only burn 285-300 calories... the good thing is the scale is going down... the bad is the more i lose, the less calories i burn... guess there could be worse problems, right? :)

Hope you all had a great Tues and an awesome Wed!!!

nicole :)
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hello my Lady Friends! We had another kick *kitten* day! Before our kidnapping victim's calories, we burned a total of 7636, which is approximately 152.72 miles (WOO!). I apparently chose the right team to attack....You ready for this....???

I attacked Team Violator and their biggest burner today was Begood03 with 3235 calories!!!!!! WHAT???? I didn't even know that was possible!!! But apparently, it is. And we benefitted! Big time!!! That brings our total calories for the day up to 10,781 for a total of 217.42 miles!!!! How awesome is that???? I haven't heard anything from Lindsay or Kathi, so if they send me calories tonight, they'll get added to tomorrow's totals.

Also, I made an executive decision about the banner. Let's go with the second one. Here's the link:

KnottyGirl2.jpg

To put this in your signature, copy the line above, paste it into your signature and change the IMG's to img's.
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    Hello my Lady Friends! We had another kick *kitten* day! Before our kidnapping victim's calories, we burned a total of 7636, which is approximately 152.72 miles (WOO!). I apparently chose the right team to attack....You ready for this....???

I attacked Team Violator and their biggest burner today was Begood03 with 3235 calories!!!!!! WHAT???? I didn't even know that was possible!!! But apparently, it is. And we benefitted! Big time!!! That brings our total calories for the day up to 10,781 for a total of 217.42 miles!!!! How awesome is that???? I haven't heard anything from Lindsay or Kathi, so if they send me calories tonight, they'll get added to tomorrow's totals.

Also, I made an executive decision about the banner. Let's go with the second one. Here's the link:

KnottyGirl2.jpg

To put this in your signature, copy the line above, paste it into your signature and change the IMG's to img's.

WHOA! great decision making, cap'n! that is one insaaaane burn. glad we could add it to our already impressive total. awesome work today, ladies!!! let's keep it going full speed ahead.. especially as we head into doubles day #2 on friday.. which also happens to be my birthday.. so lets make it count! :D
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    I haven't heard anything from Lindsay or Kathi, so if they send me calories tonight, they'll get added to tomorrow's totals.

Scratch that! I harrassed Lindsay into posting hers in the knick of time. Brings our total to 11,313 for a total of 226.26 miles!

And I agree with Kaitlyn. Friday's another double day - let's really pull out all the stops and beat out last double day total!! I know we can do it, Girls!! If everyone just pushes themselves a tiny bit further, we'll succeed!! Yesterday's calorie total with 7742. You girls think we can pull out an additional 258 calories and hit 8000 in a day??? I DEFINITELY think we can do that!!!

I hope everyone has a great night. Rest well, my Pretties!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    334 calories for me today
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    326 for me... I feel like I'm not burning enough, but I got the Biggest Loser - Last Chance Workout dvd today and started it tonight and man, Jillian kicked my butt!!! I am so tired and sore!!!! I just guessed on the cals, by using the database and Circuit Training, General... I really need to get an HRM!

But I don't have a lot of time to fit in more workouts... how do you gals fit in so much and burn so much? Even when I walk my 3.5 miles at 3.7 to 3.8 mph, I only burn 285-300 calories... the good thing is the scale is going down... the bad is the more i lose, the less calories i burn... guess there could be worse problems, right? :)

Hope you all had a great Tues and an awesome Wed!!!

nicole :)

I agree!!! I dont understand how people can get such high calorie burns :ohwell: I have to use what MFP generates for me, although I really need a HRM cause I'm sure I burn more...I least I think I do! It doesn't help that I have a desk job and spend most of the day on my big behind lol. The rest of you guys are doing great!!
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good news for us I burned 1016 calories today!! Walked 2 miles and burned 462 cals according to HRM but I also walked it in 36 mins to. Whew I was sweating! Then I spent some serious time cleaning my 12 year old sons room including moving furniture and yes it was gross, good note nothing rotten or alive. lmao

Okay so tomorrow I'm going to try and walk again and then add some Wii time so hopefully we will have another awesome burn day. Woo Hoo

Capt you are doing awesome by the way and good choice on picking the Violator. Those were some crazy burns he had!

Great job Team Knotty Girls!!
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT.. Good BURN!!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    everyone is doing a wonderful job! good call on our attack captain! WOW!! thats a fantastic burn from their top burner too. but its true that guys burn more and especially if they are on the bigger side. cant wait to see our numbers friday :smile: and thank you jen for the awesome banner too!

side note: nicole-i have 3 kids and i work...it is NOT easy to get in my workouts but thankfully my gym has a daycare! last night it stormed so i worked out at home and had a 2 year old attached to my leg while trying to salsa dance. which is why i cut it short! lol the more you weigh usually the more you burn...could be why you arent seeing those high numbers. also, MFP database is only an estimation...you probably burned a lot more than you think. i got my hrm at walmart for $30 it is a sportline watch and doesnt have a chest strap but it does a good enough estimation to keep me happy. just a thought! :smile:

hope everyone has a great hump day!!
  • nburns325
    Options
    everyone is doing a wonderful job! good call on our attack captain! WOW!! thats a fantastic burn from their top burner too. but its true that guys burn more and especially if they are on the bigger side. cant wait to see our numbers friday :smile: and thank you jen for the awesome banner too!

side note: nicole-i have 3 kids and i work...it is NOT easy to get in my workouts but thankfully my gym has a daycare! last night it stormed so i worked out at home and had a 2 year old attached to my leg while trying to salsa dance. which is why i cut it short! lol the more you weigh usually the more you burn...could be why you arent seeing those high numbers. also, MFP database is only an estimation...you probably burned a lot more than you think. i got my hrm at walmart for $30 it is a sportline watch and doesnt have a chest strap but it does a good enough estimation to keep me happy. just a thought! :smile:

hope everyone has a great hump day!!

Thanks for your advice! I definitely need to get an HRM... thinking of going this weekend and looking for one... it's TIME! I am also wondering how many I really do burn as opposed to the estimated on-line. I just feel like I"m letting the team down with the lower calorie burns, but I really am working my butt off!!! :)
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Nicole - Please don't feel like you're letting anyone down! You are contributing calories/miles to our total and that is all that matters!

Think of how much more we're all doing! This challenge has really motivated me to work harder and longer than I ever did before. I'm really incredibly proud of myself and ALL OF YOU!
  • LASH3S
    Options
    I am proud of all of us as well.. no matter what the number. On days (like yesterday)... that i didn't feel like leaving the house... i said NO.. the team needs whatever i can contribute.. and that pushed me to start.. and FINISH my work out!!

GOOD JOB LADIES!!!.. let's keep it up!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Nobody should feel like you're letting down on the team just because you don't burn a few thousand cals a day or even have a rest day.
    As for me ...
    It took me a year to build up to such burns. And I actually kick it extra hard for the challenge. I know I won't be able to keep it up for the whole challenge, as my body screams for its rest days. But I do what I can. Other people may burn 3000 cals a day, but also they had to work their eay up there. And that's what this challenge is all about. It's not winning (although that's what I so will go for - I still hope for my cabin boy waiting at the finish line), it's about developing new and good workout habits and getting us in a routine that kicks our butts.
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Well said, Sandy!

Up until a week ago, I was lucky when I got 500 calorie burns in. That was a BIG day for me. I've really been working hard to push past that. But I am also carrying around a LOT more weight than some of you, so I will naturally burn more.

Just keep it up! That's all anyone's asking. And even if we finish in last place (which I SO know we will not!), we'll still have collectively burned 1.5million calories. How's that for food for thought? :-)
  • nburns325
    Options
    Thanks gals, you're all amazing women and I luv ya! :)

Maybe we shoulda been the Knotty Sisters, haha! We're all in this together - every step of the way! :)

I appreciate you all!!!!
  • LASH3S
    Options
    and who says we have to win to get the Cabin Boy?? we make our own rules..;)
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    and who says we have to win to get the Cabin Boy?? we make our own rules..;)

That is exactly what I said to Sandy earlier!! Where the heck did that cowboy run off to?? I thought he was going to be our cabin boy! He really should be living up to his duties! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I dusted off a Tae Bo tape I'd bought a LONG time ago and actually made it through it throuhg the entire tape tonight. I was laughing half way through because I am sure my moves didn't resemble any of their's, but I was moving. That's all that counts. 759 calories for me today! Yeah!!!

Sue