Row the World Game - CLOSED boat (Capt jagrib0112)

Options

Replies

• KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Helllllllooooo Ladies! We have an interesting twist today!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/280784-row-the-world-day-5-kidnap-a-crew-member

I'm allowed to "steal" someone from one of the other boats, just for today. This means that whomever I steal, his/her calories will get counted in with our regular 15 team members.

Any suggestions as to who I should steal? I'm thinking we should look at some of the boats that are in the lead and take a gander at their rowers. We want someone who does some pretty serious burning. I know we're the Knotty Girls, but I'm thinking it would be beneficial to steal a guy. In general, they burn more cals than women and we could use the boost. And hey, maybe this will be our cabin boy for a day! ;-)

Here's the boat map:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004a634fce3156d39f06&msa=0&ll=49.876938,-5.350342&spn=2.063771,4.938354

Just an aside - Looks like we pulled up in the ranks some! That double day yesterday certainly helped us! Speaking of double days, the next one is on Friday. Let's keep those awesome burns up!!

So, back to the topic at hand....If we want to go with the team that's in first place - it's Flying Evil Monkeys. I did a little snooping on their thread and it looks like Tdgee & BobertC have consistently high burns. But I also think that Tdgee said he was going to take today as his rest day. So maybe we go with Bobert? I don't know how much strategy people will put into this...Ya know? Like will some people intentionally make today a rest day for their high burners?

Second place is The Violator. BigPelly - one of the guys who'd originally offered to be our cabin boy :love: - is on that team, but it's sorta sounding like he's going to be a busy boy with a new niece just born yesterday. There's also a few other guys on that team, but they must be PM'ing their cals to the captain, because I'm not seeing any of them. Guys on this team are Begood03, Panda_jack & gdr1976. If anyone has these guys on their friends list, maybe you can sneak a peak at their cals burned for the last couple days? :glasses:

So, what are your thoughts, Ladies???
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    sorry i havent been around to comment on here. ive been logging my excerise and food from my phone but didnt have a computer in front of me for the weekend to keep up with the forum. my apologies! i vote for the 3rd banner, its cute! and captain...did you get my calories for the past few days?

Hey Toni,
    Yeah, I've been picking them up. Didn't see anything last night before I went to bed, but that's okay. I'll grab them today.
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm partial to anyone that wanted to be our cabin boy, but I'm all for strategy as well. I vote on one of the top burners in the first boat - BobertC may be the best bet based on what you've indicated.

Sue
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm partial to anyone that wanted to be our cabin boy, but I'm all for strategy as well. I vote on one of the top burners in the first boat - BobertC may be the best bet based on what you've indicated.

Sue

I do agree!! i have checked him out...literally...haha...take on one of the top burners!!! lets keep kicking *kitten*!! and I like banner #3!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i agree with bobert as our man! lets get him girls!! smiley-transport034.gif lol
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    Hey Toni,
    Yeah, I've been picking them up. Didn't see anything last night before I went to bed, but that's okay. I'll grab them today.

i actually didnt "workout" yesterday since i spent 4 hours chasing around 5 little ones at our 4th of july party. i was exhausted! lol but im hittin it today, so look out! :laugh:
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My calorie burn for July 4th was 390. I need to move it up a little I'm thinking. Plus it's TOM which REALLY sucks!! Too bloated to want to move :grumble:

My vote for banner is the 2nd one! It's seems kinda motivational :smile:
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    KnottyGirl2.jpg

Loving this one!

The bikini chicks is cool too.

I also vote BOBERT FOR CABIN BOY!!!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    what a fun little twist! i love this challenge (: but! i agree with bobert looking like our best bet. ready, set, kidnap!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    So...My only concern with going with Bobert is that he posts late in the day. Like, his team doesn't get his calories until the next morning. I've sent him and a few of the others that I mentioned friend requests. That way, hopefully, I can more easily spy on them. :-) lol!!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Okay, so here's the deal...I was a little confused. Got some clarification from Lee. I don't steal one particular person. I attack one of the boats and the person with the highest burn for the day gets added to our total!

So, that changes things...I'm going to try and do a little more research and then I'll make a decision. I actually think Badunkadunk Bucaneers were in first yesterday. And Amber (their capt) is a friend of mine. And she just posted that she didn't get their miles to Lee last night. I'm thinking I want to hit their boat, but I'll let ya'll know for sure shortly.

In other news, the 2nd & 3rd banners each have 5 votes. We need a tie breaker!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Okay My Lovelies! I decided to go with the team that's currently in second place - the Violator. They've got a good number of guys with some pretty high burns.

Hopefully their top burner really knocks it out of the park for us today! :laugh:

And just in case anyone was wondering, we haven't been attacked. All of our pretty ladies are safe and sound.
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Ok stupid question, where can I view the banners?
  • KnottyJen
    Options

On page 4 of this thread. :-)
  • nburns325
    Options

On page 4 of this thread. :-)

Ok, I must be blind - I still don't see em!! :(
  • KnottyJen
    Options
  • nburns325
    Options
    Ahh, so I figured out why I can't see em - that site is blocked at work! I'll take a peek tonight!
  • HotSouthernMess
    Options
    i can change my vote to banner #2. i just want my banner already! lol sorry :laugh:
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    1192 cals burned today. Yay me. LOL
    and oooookkkkaaaayyyyy ... banner #2 then. :-) But I want my cabin boy waiting at the finish line for me. :-P
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Way to go Galathea! What great numbers! Me - 374 for the day, Captain.

Sue