Lean By Halloween Challenge!

Options
Starts July 1st and ends October 31st!

First: go to: http://www.tickerfactory.com to select a ticker with a Halloween theme.

Next: Title your ticker "Lean by Halloween" and set the values to your personal competition goal (ie: 20lbs).

Then: Return to the MFP community section, select "signature" & post the code in there!

Then: (If you haven't already) Introuce yourself & your goal!

Please try to check in on this thread at least once a week, share where you're at!

Add myself for updates and other participants if you're looking for support :)

Cut & paste the "Why I Want to Get in Shape" section from your profile page (if you're comfortable) as a way to get to know each other a bit and remind ourselves why we are here :) Mine is below!

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I want to be the very best me. I want to have the peace of mind that comes from doing everything I can to ensure I am as healthy as I can be. I want to FEEL good, physically and feel good about who I am and what I represent about myself. I want to be a good example for my son, my friends and family. I also want the people who love me to be proud of me. I want to be comfortable in my own skin, accept compliments internally and be able to wear clothes that I like :) I want to make my haters jealous and eat their words. I want to have another baby and be that healthy momma in prenatal yoga classes and hitting the gym with ease. I want to inspire people and give them hope. I want it all.
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    WHY I WANT TO GET IN SHAPE

I would like to get in shape because i have been out of shape for soo long and its my time to shine. Ive been married for almost 2 years the weight has restricted me from doing many things with my hubby. Plus i have severe scoliosis a tilted pelvis and siatica so back pain is a b*&%h for me. It has also caused my T.O.M. to last for 3-4 months at a time which i hate soo much so im hoping that getting back in shape will make me regular again. I just wanna be able to try on clothes and like what i see instead of being grossed out. I wanna enjoy doing the little things like being able to bend over to paint my toe nails. lol I also want to set an example for other ppl. Thats pretty much it. Ive already lost 30 lbs so im half way there. i got 20 more to go. Feel free to add me :)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun. It's late though, will post more tomorrow.
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    So in , love this already

Well like everyone here I am here because I want to change how I look , I hate being over weight and now that I am away from friends and family (just a year) I have time to focus on me and change how I look , I am 18 with a BMI of 30 and never been very good at sticking at diets but this time I will not let anything stop me :) x
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi I'm Angie,
    I want to be proud of the way I look and my fitness levels
  • SarahLiz24
    SarahLiz24 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I'd like to lose at least 20 pounds by Halloween. My reasons: I'm tired of being the "big girl" out of all of my friends. Although they always tell me I'm not "fat" per se, I can definitely tell the difference when they're sharing clothes and the only thing I can share are my shoes. I want to run another half marathon (I'm registering to run one in October!) and the last time I ran one I weighed 165 pounds. Now I am 179. I would like to be down to at 160 at the most when I run my next one and see how my time improves. I want to be fit and healthy and not have to worry about all of those weight related diseases when I'm older!!
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something I might be able to do :) My wedding anniversary is 10/16 and I would love to drop 20lbs at least between now and then. :) I will post the rest and get the ticker later today..Off to work now :)
  • gerrc21
    gerrc21 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! I want to lose 25 pounds by Halloween. I NEED to get some of this weight off and get my blood pressure down. I am on 4 meds (which is better then the 6 I was on) and I want to be off all of them.
  • motherinme
    motherinme Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I feel FAT! I know that I'm not really fat, but I'm heavier than I've ever been (if you don't count pregnancy). I hate pictures, all I see is rolls. I hate clothes. I just don't feel pretty anymore.

I really just want to jump start my weight loss, get off this roller coaster I'm on and LOSE THE WEIGHT. I was doing good, slacked for a week or so and now I'm having to start again. It's just frustrating and it's my own fault.
  • milesforbreakfast
    Options
    :smile: Hi Everyone

I love this idea! I have 4 months to lose 20lbs. Totally doable if I put my mind to it. I'm a runner and have some upcoming races where I don't want to be lugging around this extra weight.
  • ohfong77
    ohfong77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Hi People :D

I am Katy, 28 from Sheffield, England. I Shall be 29 two days before halloween and would love to be almost at goal and go out wearing something fab. I have two children 9 and 1 (he is 2 the day after my bday and the day before halloween, too old for the baby weight excuse). Lots of fab things coming up around that time. I would love to have lost 17lb, that would put me at 129lb, deserving of a hapy dance seeing the 120's. We can totally do this!!!!!
    Feel free to add me everyone :)

SW 146lb
    GW 129lb
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    I like the sound of this group! I personally have been struggling with actual weight loss, but have seen positive results in strength and endurance with exercising. So, I will not set a high goal of 20 pounds as I really don't believe it's doable for me. So, by Halloween I may not be "lean", but I know I will work hard and keep challenging myself to work towards a healthier lifestyle. By the way, the reason for the minimal weight loss (5 pounds in 3 months) may be because of an under-active thyroid which I'm following up on and should know more conclusively in the next week or so.

I want to get in shape because deep inside, under the excess weight I'm very active, happy, hyper, confident, and cheerful person. Carrying this weight has made me hide in hubby's baggy clothes (he's 6'2 and I'm 5'1) and become less social. It's summer and it's starting to look pretty ridiculous wearing sweatshirts and long pants... The weight has changed me or at least, I've allowed it to change my feeling about myself. It's made me hold back from my goofy personality because I'm getting to be more shy about being noticed by others. I'm tired of feeling tired after not doing much and love the feeling of feeling tired because of working hard on something. I want to feel proud of myself!

Let's do this!
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am going to attemp this! Will set things up tonight and replay back. Bump!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! This sounds like a blast and just the thing to keep me motivated to keep going! I would like to loose 30 lbs by October. That's around 2 lbs a week. I'm setting my goal a bit high in my eyes, but it will keep me pushing myself right until the very end. Excited for this challenge to start! Good luck to everyone!

Why I want to get in Shape:I want to get in shape for myself. I had struggled with self image through most of college and am finally ready and accept the need for a change over all, mind and body. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I need this. I have been losing motivation lately and I know it's no fault but my own. I am going to work through this challenge and succeed in the goal I have set for myself! Good Luck to everyone who is joining!!
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I am SO in for this!!! Halloween is my FAV holiday of the year so that DEF gives me more motivation and something to work towards!!! My work computer wont allow me to make a ticker but I will def do that when I get home tonight! Really excited for this challenge and look foward to losing with all of you!!!

Right now my goals are just to lose more weight and continue with this healthy lifestyle I have adapted since joining this website, I am doing 2 other challenges one that ends at the end of August and another the end of November so this will be great to do with the others to keep focused and let me know where I am at!!!

I want to be thin since my whole life has been spent overweight it would be nice to not have to shop the plus sized stores anymore.

To feel comfortable in my own skin and not worry about what others think of my appearance.

Get my diabetes type II, blood pressure and cholesterol under control

Be at a healthy weight in order to get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.

To be able to ride rollercoasters again/not worrying if I will "fit" somewhere.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love Fall and Halloween!! Also love the Halloween tickers - cute!! I'm Nancy - I have been on MFP since Jan. 19, 2011, and have lost 32 lbs. so far. I enjoy trying different challenges - that really keeps me motivated! Good luck all! Continuing to lose weight and become more fit & healthy will be the best "treat" of all!!

To have more energy & keep up with my family
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE HALLOWEEN! Samhain is the beginning of the new year! I dont own a scale but want to be part of this group. Ive lost 42 pounds so far and have gotten off one of the meds for type 2 diabetes. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin, be healthy and get off all meds.
    Ill say lose 25 pounds by Halloween

event.png
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Count me in, my birthday is Oct. 23rd and I would like to be at my goal weight by then!!