Replies

• elyseology
    elyseology Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cant wait!
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oooh sounds like fun! I'll create my ticker and update my weight tomorrow when I weigh in. My weight goal for Halloween is 150.

Why I want to get in shape (as copied from profile):

I started by walking a couple miles at a time and have since run two marathons. Now I lift heavy things and am currently in training for my third marathon.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Would LOOOOVE to do this challenge, but when I tried to make the Halloween ticker, it tried to erase my current ticker. Is there a way to have two tickers from ticker factory?

Thanks!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I want to be the very best me. I want to have the peace of mind that comes from doing everything I can to ensure I am as healthy as I can be. I want to FEEL good, physically and feel good about who I am and what I represent about myself. I want to be a good example for my son, my friends and family. I also want the people who love me to be proud of me. I want to be comfortable in my own skin, accept compliments internally and be able to wear clothes that I like :) I want to make my haters jealous and eat their words. I want to have another baby and be that healthy momma in prenatal yoga classes and hitting the gym with ease. I want to inspire people and give them hope. I want it all.

LOVE IT!!!!!! ;)
  • mdgracia
    mdgracia Posts: 20
    Options
    Awesome challenge. I'm game!

I am a Mom turned college student who has decided I want to be a doctor. I hope to enter medical school in the fall of 2013. Since this is an already demanding program, I need to lose weight, get healthy so I can keep up with the 23 year olds in the program. I am a great cheerleader, so friend me if your looking for support and the honest truth!

So I can be healthy enough to complete medical school and residency.

My Inspirations
    I want to be able to keep up with my kids and friends.
    I want to live to see my dreams become my reality.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge! I am down to my last 8lbs that is taking its time coming off :) Ill check back in tomorrow :)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    And mmmmmmnnnnn candy corn! My weakness! Lol
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This is great! I want to lose weight because I am tired of lugging around all this extra body weight! My back and neck constantly hurt. Everyone tells me I don't seem that heavy because I am tall..It's not an excuse! I want to get down to a healthy weight and have more energy during the day.

I've already lost 11 lbs so far (: My boyfriend's birthday is October 27th and Halloween is my fave holiday so I'm super excited!!!! I am going to aim to lose 40lbs. It seems like a lot but I will be going back to college in the fall and I need to stick to my current routine. This will keep me motivated!

Feel free to add me (:
    Caitlin
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Simply because I want to do something for myself that I feel good about.
    As my son gets older and more independent it allows me more free time to stop and realize what I want and need for me. Wish I had found this inspiring site a few years ago because a healthier me equals a better mom, girlfriend, friend, co-worker ect.
    With making healthy choices this past few weeks and exercise I feel happy with me, with who I am and what direction I am headed!
    I have put on some extra pounds over the past three years. I am not what you would call over weight but I am far from in shape. At this time I can only do about 20mins of physical activity with out feeling exhausted.
    For me this is a lifestyle change and not all about loosing weight.
    My goals is to lose the extra pounds and work out as much as I can to be the fit me I long to be!
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!!

Why I want to get in shape:

Being heavy is killer on your self esteem, and trust me my weight has rocked my emotions a lot (just ask my husband). So a huge reason is emotional well being. Not to mention, I want to be healthy and set a good example for my kids so they don't end up in the same situation someday. I want to inspire others who think they can't do it. I know I can do it, I just have motivation issues.
  • ashley26704
    ashley26704 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be in!

Why i want to get in shape:
    To be more comfortable with myself! :)
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    ooooh!! i wanna join in too!! =)
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    185.8 would be an awesome goal for me cuz that would put me out of the "obese" BMI and into "overweight".:love: that's 37.6lbs to lose at 2.1 lbs per week. it's a bit much i think, but anything to keep me exercising and eating healthy so i can fit into a normal Halloween costume!!! =)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 25lbs by halloween. So I can enjoy doing more things with with my kids. I have just reached 20Lbs down but still have a ways to go.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am in too! I want to lose weight just for me, so I can walk into any regular size clothing store and buy what I want. So I can get on a plane and not worry about whether the seatbelt will fit or not. To get up in the morning and like what I see in the mirror! That is why I am in.... 30lbs by Halloween! Let's go!
  • ashley26704
    Options
    I think i was able to make the ticker, I couldnt figure out how to make it say the Lean By Halloween but i wrote it about it! :smile:
  • ashley26704
    Options
    I think i was able to make the ticker, I couldnt figure out how to make it say the Lean By Halloween but i wrote it about it! :smile:

I noticed it was messed up, i think i fixed itt. :D
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    To improve my overall health and hopefully get off some/if not all of my prescription medications.
    Also, to reduce my risk of developing heart disease and stroke.
    Relieve some stress in my life through exercise.
    Be a good role model for my kids to get active and stay active
    .I want to free myself from the fat me and see the thinner me I use to be.
    In memory of my Dad, Harry V. Gibson. Who suffered a massive stroke 11/13/91 and passed away 1/31/07. I know he'd want me to be in better shape and taking care of myself.
    I want to have a lot more time/years to spend with my family & friends.
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    To improve my overall health and hopefully get off some/if not all of my prescription medications.
    Also, to reduce my risk of developing heart disease and stroke.
    Relieve some stress in my life through exercise.
    Be a good role model for my kids to get active and stay active
    .I want to free myself from the fat me and see the thinner me I use to be.
    In memory of my Dad, Harry V. Gibson. Who suffered a massive stroke 11/13/91 and passed away 1/31/07. I know he'd want me to be in better shape and taking care of myself.
    I want to have a lot more time/years to spend with my family & friends.

Not sure if this will work..my last post didn't show the halloween ticker..so if this doesn't work--sorry.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I am def. in this challenge! :bigsmile:

CW: 157.4

GW (by Halloween): 120lbs (my goal weight)

My story: I weighed 153lbs when I was only 12 years old. When I got to high school my sophomore year I started to exercise and wanted to lose weight. By the end of my junior year in high school I weighed 97lbs. I started dating and met my current boyfriend. People started getting worried because I was still losing weight. I entered college and by the end of my second year I weighed 140lbs. I am currently in my junior year of college and weigh 163lbs (after joining MFP I ended up gaining 3lbs and hitting 166!).

I want to become healthy and lose for my own health. During the recent years my mother had been diagnosed with Diabetes. I look at myself following in her foot steps if I do not change my habits now. I want to be healthy and set an example for mom to lose weight.

M.:heart: