Do you allow yourself to eat sweets??

Options
1235»

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    sure i have them... i deny myself nothing i love.. i just watch the portion control, and make sure whatever i choose to have is 'worth' those calories.

ie: i regularly (almost every night) have a couple of small squares of my fave dark chocolate... (green & blacks maya gold)...no chewing! just let them melt on my tongue to truly savour the pleassure *S*

i am losing weight every week... and regularly meet the 'forecast' weight my food diary gives me for 5 weeks down the road.
    ie:.. 5 weeks ago it forecast i would now weigh 183.8...and tonight, exactly 5 weeks later, i weigh 184 *S*

edited to add:
    since i cut out artificial sweeteners and refined sugars (now i only use honey or maple syrup on the rare occasions i need a sweetener) i no longer 'crave' sweets the way i used to...no binges, no overwhelming cookie/cake cravings for over 6 months now *S*
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So so true. Also for me I must have variety. I think lack of variety is my biggest down fall.
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is very wise and very encouraging! Thanks
  • teamdaijah
    Options
    I eat really healthy, but maybe once a week I'll get a small ice cream cone, or something.
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, every day but in really small quantities and I try to eat only dark chocolate items.