5 pages to read to catch up. See you soon. :love:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Marking my spot

Cindy
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Good morning ladies,
    Natalie, I am not sure I understand fully. You are worried cause you are losing now? I know a lot of people on here weigh often and they are fine with it. But maybe you just need to stay off the scale except for weekly and see how that goes for you. I cannot weigh too often cause my weight fluncuates so much. I weigh weekly or sometimes every 10 days. I have noticed that my weight usually drops after about 10 days or so. Good luck with dr. hope your pain goes away. pain is no fun. I am tired today. maybe I overdid it this weekend. I am going to try to mow lawn later and maybe that will get me going again. I dont have much to say. Have a good day ladies.
    vicki M
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    saw doctor, gave me shot of synvisc one in my right knee. i have had 3 of them in my left knee.
    hoping this will help. also going to go to chiropractor for my back.
    more later
    natalie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Birdie:flowerforyou:
    I am really feeling you about having to downsize your home. My home was not nearly as large as what you have described or even had the amount of history yours has, but it was home and I had planned on spending the rest of my life there. To go from that to a 1 bedroom apartment and "have to" sell or give away most of my belongings was devastating to say the least. But later I found that a lot of what I had lost was collecting dust or was what they term now "hoarding" and I have realized that what I ended up taking with me was what was most precious to me. All in all, it was just material things. I took with me what I liked the most, what was "valuable" to me and and gave me a sense of home and myself. Plus, I know now that my son will not have to go through all the "years" of my memories deciding what to keep and throw away, and all the time it would have taken from him. My life is more simple now and realistic. I feel good now and you will too eventually. It is kind of a "spring cleaning" of your life and soul.:smile: It will be a new adventure!

Chiclet:flowerforyou:

Thank you for those encouraging words. You are so right about cleanig out the junk so that our kids won't have to do it some day. What words of wisdom and consoling......but I still find myself crying a lot.....even as I write this post.:cry: I've always tried to be positive and upbea.....:bigsmile: t but my sentimental side is just getting too sentimental.:sad: Indeed a lot of what I am throwing out is just collecting dust and I'm sure life will become much simpler with less to deal with:flowerforyou: . I'm so glad you feel good about your move :flowerforyou: and I'm sure eventually the "realistic" part will all sink in. Thank you again for your kind and encouraging words:smooched:
    BirdieM:heart:
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Good morning ladies,
    Natalie, I am not sure I understand fully. You are worried cause you are losing now? I know a lot of people on here weigh often and they are fine with it. But maybe you just need to stay off the scale except for weekly and see how that goes for you. I cannot weigh too often cause my weight fluncuates so much. I weigh weekly or sometimes every 10 days. I have noticed that my weight usually drops after about 10 days or so. Good luck with dr. hope your pain goes away. pain is no fun. I am tired today. maybe I overdid it this weekend. I am going to try to mow lawn later and maybe that will get me going again. I dont have much to say. Have a good day ladies.
    vicki M

Yes, I weigh every morning, and am concerned since the scale has gone steadily down for 6 days in a row. A little bit each day, the that is NOT the way I usually run as far as losing weight, it's very ODD. Just wondered if others had this happen to them, where they dropped a little each day for many days like has happened to me. I guess I am worried that there is something wrong physically. I just had a blood test, lipid panel done last wednesday and all came back ok. I have NOT been exercising since my knee has been killing me....
    Natalie
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    :flowerforyou: Hi folks.........

A strange day for me today! :ohwell: It was costly but not as bad as it could have been!!

We began with the house alarm technician having to disarm one sensor. The builders tried to do it but as soon as they put a srewdriver to it the alarms went off.......even if we swithed it off!! :laugh: Only doing it's job!!

:grumble: Next came the garage bill for re doing the exhaust repair in the MPV we're trying to sell. We could have had to fork out for a whole exhaust at £380 but they managed to weld and join it. I do hope we can now sell ........#1 son did the ad. for it tonight.fingers crossed.

:noway: Then came the electrician to check on the live earth wire. He ended up crawling up in the eaves, pulling a new wire through and re connecting to the main box. apparently the wiring was old rubber covered cable and had been joined with tape at some time in the distant past. He will have to come back to sort out the mess which is the garage wiring!! but for the moment we got away with a small bill for 2 hours work.

By the way......:sad: the clothes in the suitcase ................didn't fit!! I've put them in the cash for clothes bag!! Never mind...they were old fashioned now anyway. :laugh: Dh and I had a laugh trying on....his didn't fit either!!

So ...tonight I've been clearing up the dust as usual...DH was re laying the boarding in the eaves so we can put back all the "Stuff".
    Mind you those cases will be coming out again soon. Two months and one week to go to our Alaskan cruise.

Work tomorrow ...help with burning a few calories at least.

:flowerforyou: BFN
    Take care everyone.
    Jackie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,135 Member
    Good morning ladies,
    vicki M

Yes, I weigh every morning, and am concerned since the scale has gone steadily down for 6 days in a row. A little bit each day, the that is NOT the way I usually run as far as losing weight, it's very ODD. Just wondered if others had this happen to them, where they dropped a little each day for many days like has happened to me. I guess I am worried that there is something wrong physically. I just had a blood test, lipid panel done last wednesday and all came back ok. I have NOT been exercising since my knee has been killing me....
    Natalie

Natalie, my experience has been that the weight change is erratic and not always based on food and exercise the most recent few days........sometimes when I had been extra good, the scale didn't move at all and sometimes when I had been lax for awhile, I'd lose weight.......celebrate the success and don't worry about it..:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Birdie, I have been spending an hour or more every day going through the boxes and discarding and crying and reminiscing..........my goal is to be ruthless in discarding so I understand, at least on a small scale, what you are going through.
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Hi Ladies:

I hope that you all had a good 4th of July.

My poor next door neighboor got badly burned on both of her hands; she suffers from epilepsy and she suffered a siezure while running boiling hot water and while she seizes, she freezes and her hands were stuck in this boiling water and her hands are now severely damaged. I have never seen anything like what her hands looked like. It is horrible and she is in such pain; I feel so badly for her. The doctors have told her she will have no use of her hands for a long time. This happened the other day.

Viv - I do hope your surgery goes well on the 19th:flowerforyou:

Natalie - I wish the doctors could help you with the pain:flowerforyou:

Chiclet - Did you end up swimming and seeing the fireworks:bigsmile:

Marilyn - I hope you are feeling better too:happy:

Steph - Slow and sure is the best way to approach this program, I think:smile:

Birdie - You have a very difficult job ahead of you. I don't envy you at all. But don't worry you will you will get through it and remember, we are here any time you need us:flowerforyou:

Jackie - Sounds like you have a very lively house right now:laugh:

Well, I hope you all have a good evening. I have changed my user name to put my first name first because it was confusing to have my last name showing before!!

Anyway, talk to you tomorrow.

Cathy xx
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member
    Pam:flowerforyou:

My ex mother-in-law has had both knees replaced, one at a time though. However I was not able to see or ask her how it went or what it entaliled. How and who determined that you needed knee replacement. Is there a criteria you have to meet? How painful was it? ( I don't handle pain well,,,big wussy) How soon after the surgery were you able to walk? Or could you? I know you said it was long and hard with the therapy, how long did it take? I am just curious, because my knees are pretty bad. I am constantly in pain, walk like Herman Munster also, and cannot get on my knees or completely bend them back. My doctor hasn't suggested knee surgery yet, but has diagnosed me with osteoarthritis in both knees. I may try going to a chiropractor also. I went for an evaluation for physical therapy the other day and they had me do some exercises and massaged my knees and found a knot behind each knee. When I asked what it was they said it was the muscles that were very tight. Massaging them helped me afterwards and also the ice packs as they said the tissue in my knees were swollen. I would appreciate any info you can offer.

Good night all.
    Have a Fun 4th of July!

Chiclet

I went to see an orthopedic surgeon to see what options I had....he told me none when he saw my xrays and saw me walk. I tried the injections with no good outcome. It came to the point that my quality of life was very poor and there was no other option. So I had them done. They stood me up the next day, and the day after that. Then the next day, I walked and every day farther. Physical Therapy started the day after surgery with just leg movements and the standing and full force PT 5 days after the surgery. I was on the rehab floor for 12 days and went to PT twice a day. When I came home, PT came to the house 3 days a week and I had exercises to do twice a day. Then when I went to outpatient PT, that was 3 days a week for nearly 3 hours each time and still had exercises to do twice a day. I was in outpatient PT from early January to the end of March. I was off work for exactly 5 months. That was the hardest thing I have ever done and now I walk like a normal person. No limp, no strange gait, nothing....I take nothing for pain, they don't hurt anymore. Unless you see the scars, you would never know I had anything done. Please feel free to ask me anything. It is easier to ask questions to someone that went through it.

Pam
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Natalie,hope you get relief from the shots.
    Everyone else have a good night
    jane
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,135 Member
    :flowerforyou: whenever I from those of you who are in pain and not able to move well, I redouble my gratitude for my mobility.....I don't want to ever take it for granted.

:flowerforyou: we had beautiful weather yesterday and today (70+ degrees with a light breeze) perfect for hubby to cut the grass yesterday and play 18 holes of golf today :bigsmile: the dogs and I enjoyed our long walk in the morning and frolicking at the dog park in the afternoon.........that's a great balance for the painful, endless job of going through pictures and papers dating back to my grandmother's album of my mother's baby pictures....exercise is a great balance to go with painful tasks

:bigsmile: we went to bed before 9 PM last night but we recorded the hot dog eating contest and three TV shows with patriotic music and fireworks and watched them today so for us, Independence Day happened today..........among the streets I walk on with the dogs are Independence, Patriot, America, and Liberty :bigsmile:

hugs to all :heart:
  • BirdieM
    :flowerforyou: Birdie, I have been spending an hour or more every day going through the boxes and discarding and crying and reminiscing..........my goal is to be ruthless in discarding so I understand, at least on a small scale, what you are going through.
    I'm sure you do, and my heart goes out to you!
    Birdiem:heart:
  • BirdieM
    Hi Ladies:

Birdie - You have a very difficult job ahead of you. I don't envy you at all. But don't worry you will you will get through it and remember, we are here any time you need us:flowerforyou:

/quote]

Thanks Cathy, Your support is important to me:heart:

RobertaM:heart::heart:
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Just marking my spot for tomorrow = I'll tell you about my meeting with Will and Kate then.
  • chicletgirl21
    chicletgirl21 Posts: 99 Member
    Well I went out swimming on the 4th in the evening. There were only a few fireworks to see (bummer) but still I really enjoy swimming at night. I told my guyfriend I did that and he said the same thing Mimi did. don't swim by yourself. He started lecturing about murderers and rapist and I looked at him and said, "I am in a gated community, which is lit up like a penetentiary, and surrounded by seniors. The men can barely walk let alone rape me!" He didn't think it was funny.:grumble: But seriously this place is dead after 8 pm. Besides what's the point of swimming in the evening and enjoying the solitude and peacefulness if I have to have a buddy?

Speaking of my guyfriend, his hours were cut back some (which is a good thing as he was working 12 hour days and now he is finished by 3pm. He came over today at 4 pm and I was shocked to see him. He brought a new bathing suit and towel with him but left it in my apartment to go look for me. (I was in the pool!) So instead of going back to my apartment he just sat at one of the tables, took off his shirt, shoes and socks and relaxed while I exercised.(Tomorrow he says he will swim with me, he left his suit here) Later he stayed and watched a movie with me and I made dinner. First time he has stayed for dinner at my apartment. I sauteed some chicken in herb and garlic marinade and roasted some brussel sprouts, crookneck, yellow bell pepper mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, and baby potatoes with olive oil and garlic. HE LOVED IT!:love: Thought I was some kind of amazing cook, (I thought of you Mimi and how you taught me to roast veggies) and couldnt stop praising the meal. He even said he might have to marry me. (No I don't want to remarry) But hey we have another converted roasted veggie lover now.:drinker:

He did make the comment, "No wonder your mom won't try to walk. I wouldn't either if I had you doing everything for me and making scrumptious meals for me too!" I didn't tell mom that, she'd get mad!

Oh and Pam, thank you for the info on the knee surgery. Just out of curiousity how long were you in pain and how would you rate it on a scale of 1 to10, 10 being the worst? Five months of healing and therapy!:noway: Well with mom here I can see that's not going to happen soon.

Well I'm sleepy so I think I will hit the sack.:yawn:
    Good night al.
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Good morning everyone!
    Natalie, sorry about the pain you are going through. About your weight lose, are you sure you haven't cut back on your eating because of the pain. It's been my expierence that when I am in a lot of pain I subconsciouly cut back on my eating. I would say if it keeps up say for two or three more weeks and you know you are eating as you always have to get checked by the doctor. I had a friend who that happened to and it did turn out to be medical. Good luck to you.

Chicklet, so glad to hear you're swimming. I think swimming is the best most relaxing exercise there is. My chiropractor told me that I should keep swimming and going to water aerobics because it was better for me than walking and it won't hurt my back.

I have decided that I need to make lifestyle changes to meet my goals. The swimming and water aerobics is one change as Prior to a couple of months ago I wasn't exercising at all. The other is to drink more water. My chiropractor said I should be drinking between 90 & 100 oz per day. I was dehydrated when I went into the hospital a week ago Monday and they had to give me IV's. The first appointment with my chiroprator (which was 3 days later) I was dehydrated again. So I'm drinking sis 16 ox bottles of water a day. I've only done it for two days but it's a start. I guess I didn't realize how much damage to your body happens when you don't have the proper fluid levels.

Today I plan to go to water aerobics for an hour and then go to a "Sit n' Sew" group at my local quilt shop. I have a couple projects I need to get finished and need some motivation to work on them.

Have a nice day everyone. My prayers are with you!
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Good morning everyone!
    Natalie, sorry about the pain you are going through. About your weight lose, are you sure you haven't cut back on your eating because of the pain. It's been my expierence that when I am in a lot of pain I subconsciouly cut back on my eating. I would say if it keeps up say for two or three more weeks and you know you are eating as you always have to get checked by the doctor. I had a friend who that happened to and it did turn out to be medical. Good luck to you.

Chicklet, so glad to hear you're swimming. I think swimming is the best most relaxing exercise there is. My chiropractor told me that I should keep swimming and going to water aerobics because it was better for me than walking and it won't hurt my back.

I have decided that I need to make lifestyle changes to meet my goals. The swimming and water aerobics is one change as Prior to a couple of months ago I wasn't exercising at all. The other is to drink more water. My chiropractor said I should be drinking between 90 & 100 oz per day. I was dehydrated when I went into the hospital a week ago Monday and they had to give me IV's. The first appointment with my chiroprator (which was 3 days later) I was dehydrated again. So I'm drinking sis 16 ox bottles of water a day. I've only done it for two days but it's a start. I guess I didn't realize how much damage to your body happens when you don't have the proper fluid levels.

Today I plan to go to water aerobics for an hour and then go to a "Sit n' Sew" group at my local quilt shop. I have a couple projects I need to get finished and need some motivation to work on them.

Have a nice day everyone. My prayers are with you!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    AHealthierSuzyQ Posts: 698 Member
    :noway: Wow... a gal misses a few days and it takes a long time to catch up.

Birdie I understand what you are going through. We downsized out of the home we thought we would live forever in just a few weeks before my Dad died. Other than losing my parents, it was THE HARDEST thing I ever did. Guess you could call it the death of a dream.... As it turned out we had to do it again a few months later with Moma's things so we could all fit into the same house. Its tough. Hugs!

Things always seem to be in some sort of uproar around here. We started back to work on our hardwood flooring project over the holiday weekend and I run my inlaws back and forth to the next big town to the oncologist on Thursdays and sometimes Fridays. My FiL has been fighting myelodysplastic syndrome for almost a year now. Last week they evaluated him for hospice, but we're told he won'tt qualify as long as he goes in for treatments.

As for me, I am back to avoiding simple carbs and exercising at least an hour a day. I feel SO MUCH better already! Mostly I've been biking in the cool of the morning or at twilight and doing hand weights while I watch tv. Its amazing how I don't crave sweets if I don't eat them... So now I'm off to hit the pavement before it gets too hot., then have some errands to run in town.

Happy Wednesday y'all! :wink:
  • BirdieM
    Birdie I understand what you are going through. We downsized out of the home we thought we would live forever in just a few weeks before my Dad died. Other than losing my parents, it was THE HARDEST thing I ever did. Guess you could call it the death of a dream.... As it turned out we had to do it again a few months later with Moma's things so we could all fit into the same house. Its tough. Hugs!

Thanks and welcome back:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.