Pregnancy- July 2011

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Danielle- Congrats on 30 weeks! That is a big milestone. Thanks, I will keep you updated on my bro :) I am just hoping he makes in to some money!

Rachael- I know, the thread is moving fast :)

Jen- I am so glad things are okay! I would have been freaking out too. I am glad you could get right in to be checked out! Rest up!

Ronya- That is so great! I also agree it is a great sign that she just asked him to watch the baby. SO happy for your brother and for you!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Hugs to everyone!

She is still not showing any signs of wanting to leave the belly. So tomorrow it is. I hope Julie and Maria have their babies soon too! Rachael is right there now too! I dont think I will have any way of posting while in the hospital but I will post as soon as we get home.

Jen - I am glad things are ok.

Ronya - that is great news for your brother. I am happy she is willing to work to let him see his baby!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Honeslty I'm so frustrated with this weight gain! I'm logging, counting EVERYTHING and I'm still gaining! WTH? I know the baby needs me to gain but I was really hoping that it would be slower with logging. The only thing that I can think of is carbs. I normaly don't eat a ton of carbs when not pregnant, but I've been eating a ton more for the baby. Not bad ones. Whole wheat, fruit, yogart, that kind of stuff. And sometimes treating myself. I wonder if my body is just storing it all? I'm up like 19-20 pounds at 26 weeks which I know is ok, but I really wanted to keep this gain at 30 pounds. I'm just so frustrated. I'm going to really watch my "treats" and eat more veggies and protein.

Anyway, wishing everyone babies this weekend! Isn't there a full moon tonight? Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • bzima
    bzima Posts: 10
    Options
    :smile: First of all I want to say that I am sorry that I have not been on:heart: . I had to go to the hospital on Sunday night after getting to dyhydrated and also contracrting( only 24 weeks). Then I was told to rest for a few days before I returned to work. Then on Tuesday night it started all over again with the contractions on, but they did not feel like contractions more like very strong streching feelings. So I waited until Wensday morning to call the doctor at that point things had gotten much worse the pain was almost unbearable. But I went in to see her she checked everything, everything down there was great so she took some blood to have my white blood cell counted. Well it turned out that it was normal, but then after I came home and tried to lay down for a little while I was having problems breathing, almost like someone was sitting on me. So I call my Doc right away and told her that my symptoms had changed and she told me to go right to the ER. Well then our trip started we checked into the ER and then they realized that I was over 24 weeks so they then sent me up to OB to have the baby monitored to make sure that she is was okay, she was great. So then they sent me back down strairs to the ER department, they did a ton of test found that my white blood cell count was low so they put me on an IV, then they found that my iron was pretty low also. They never did find out what was wrong with me just that my body was trying to fight something off. But they sure did scare me with the hole EKG, appendicitis, pancreatitis, possible heart attack.:sad: But right know my body is just trying to recover form everything that it has been through since tuesday, but I am doing better and the ultra sound that we had to have on tuesday also went great too. I have to say that it is nice to not be seeing a doctor today that is for sure
  • samfordbelle
    samfordbelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can I join? We're hoping to try for # 2 starting in August, but I'm trying to drop at least 10 lbs before then and to keep up with a bit of weight loss (or at least not too much gain) during pregnancy (being careful and at the advice of my OB, of course!).

Name's Joanna, I am 28, mother of a a sweet 3 year old, and wife to a great guy!

Good luck to those who are due any day!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Jen - sorry you had to go through that, I would have been scared to death :flowerforyou: Don't stress about the gain. I think that you can still meet your goal of only 30lbs total. The gains seems to come in waves for me. e.g. I was up 3 lbs in one weeks but have only gained 1/2 lb in the last 3 weeks. You're doing great !!!!!!

Bzima - no need to apologize - you have had a rough few days there. Happy to hear that you are OK now. Look after yourself :flowerforyou:

Ron - great news about your brother and the visitation!

Maureen - exciting !!!!!!! Hope everything goes the way you want it

Anne - cool about your brother. Hope he wins big !! A girl who used to work for me has a brother who makes his living by playing poker online. He makes a very good living too, like 100k a year. He sounds a lot like your brother - math whiz and all.
  • jenzimmer
    Options
    Can I join? We're hoping to try for # 2 starting in August, but I'm trying to drop at least 10 lbs before then and to keep up with a bit of weight loss (or at least not too much gain) during pregnancy (being careful and at the advice of my OB, of course!).

Name's Joanna, I am 28, mother of a a sweet 3 year old, and wife to a great guy!

Good luck to those who are due any day!

Welcome! This board is great for helping you keep tabs on your eating while expecting and just over all advice.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Jen -- Wow, scary! I'm so glad everything is okay. Take it easy this weekend. Of course you know weight gain/loss is all about calories in vs. calories out. If you're gaining weight under normal circumstances (and we all know pregnancy is NOT a normal circumstance so just let that go), you're either eating more than you think or burning less than you think. :smile: Your weight gain during pregnancy is certainly not all fat -- mostly not fat unless you gain more than 40 pounds or so (even then it could be more water retention than fat). If you're not eating enough, your body is absolutely going to adjust your metabolism to take care of that little parasite. :tongue: If you're eating healthy and staying active, you HAVE to stop obsessing over it. There's nothing more you can do. Plus, stress encourages weight gain. :wink:

Ronya -- It makes me so happy to read that your brother is getting more time with his son. :smile:

Maria/Anne -- So we all agree, last night sucked. :ohwell: I finally managed to get to sleep for the first time around 6am. I slept until about 10.30 though so that's not too terrible I guess.

Come on, full moon!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Maria- That sucks that the contractions keep on fading! Hopefully soon, fingers crossed for you!

Maureen- Tomorrow is my hubby’s bday. I think it’s a great day for your lo to come!

Julie- I would love to learn how to crochet! Did you just look up on the internet how to do it or do you have a book?

Anne- That is so exciting for your brother! Sorry you have such a rough night, that sucks!

Julz- I agree- new picture!!

Brit- LOVE the photo! So glad to hear from you I have been wondering how things are going.

Jen – that is soooo scary! Glad that things have calmed down a bit now. I would have been super upset as well. I would be a little bit concerned about your BP though being so low, especially as you said how stressed you were! When do you go back? Definitely something to keep an eye on…

Katrina- I meant to respond earlier to your post… sorry things are so rough. You are a super woman getting everything done! I am praying for you that you do not need to go onto bed rest, that would be sooo hard with 4 children. Thinking of you!

Ronya- How wonderful for your brother! How have you been feeling?

Bzima- That sounds awful! Hope you are feeling better now… but how scary!

Danielle- I know… isn’t it freaky how fast time flies?

Samfordbelle- Welcome! 10lbs before August is a bit extreme, that is only 2 weeks away! Eat healthy, be active, and you are set. Good luck TTC!

AFM: Been feeling “off” now and then lately. A little bit of nausea. Did you other ladies get that around now? I just don’t feel quite right in my tummy these days.

Also, if anyone likes deals I found a really cool website! www.freecycle.com and then there are sub-sites for different cities around the world. If there is one in your area I would totally sign up! We got rid of a whole bunch of stuff we didn’t want anymore (garage sale type stuff)- someone came out from the city to get it the day I posted the ad! And so far we got a really cute big plastic teeter totter for toddlers, and I am hoping for a BBQ since there have been a few posted so far. All for FREE.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Also at my last appt they asked me how much movement I am feeling. According to them, the new standard is that I am supposed to feel at least 6 distinct movements in 2 hours. I really didn't think I felt that much so they have given me a kick chart to keep track, at least once per day. If I don't feel it, I am supposed to go to the hospital asap or to their office if they are open so baby can be checked.

Well, I don't know if the baby has just grown a bunch in the last few days, or I am more aware, but wow I am feeling tons of movement now! All of you ahead of me- did you notice you started to feel more towards to end? Perhaps it is all in my head!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Rachel -- It started with me finding stupidly cute crocheted newborn photography props on etsy last night. Then I decided I didn't want to pay so much money for stuff I could probably make myself so I started looking online for patterns. I found lots of free newborn hat patterns here: http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_hats.php

I really want to make a long-tailed striped elf hat so I was looking at that pattern (http://oodles4noodles.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-tailed-baby-elf-hat-tutorial.html) but of course I had no idea how to even do a single crochet stitch. The comments on that blog pattern led me to this video on how to crochet in the round and slip stitch to join: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJrTfe9uhQ&feature=youtu.be I watched the video a few times, grabbed a crochet hook I've had forever but have never used, and went for it. I ended up with a mama-sized hat so then I just did the same thing on a smaller scale for a baby hat. These hats were super easy to make since they just involved the 2 things the video shows you how to do. So, that's all I know how to do for now. Hoping today to learn all I need to make the elf hat (no, actually I'm hoping I don't have a chance to learn it because I'm too busy pushing out a baby but that's evidently not going to happen :laugh:).

I'm probably going to take the silly tassel of the top of the baby hat and put a silly little yarn braid on it instead.
    crochetedhatsmomandbaby-1.jpg

This is what my ridiculous hat looks like on :laugh:
    julieincrochetedhat.jpg

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend crocheting over knitting!! I tried to teach myself to knit this past winter and worked on it for what seemed like FOREVER over several days time and ended up with like 1/4th of a scarf. :laugh: I pulled out the scarf to make this hat. I went from having absolutely zero idea how to crochet to having 2 crocheted hats in just few hours. Not awesome fancy hats or anything, but they will indeed keep heads warm while making the person wearing it look ridiculous which is the 2 main goals of a hat, IMO. :tongue:
  • jenzimmer
    Options
    Jen -- Wow, scary! I'm so glad everything is okay. Take it easy this weekend. Of course you know weight gain/loss is all about calories in vs. calories out. If you're gaining weight under normal circumstances (and we all know pregnancy is NOT a normal circumstance so just let that go), you're either eating more than you think or burning less than you think. :smile: Your weight gain during pregnancy is certainly not all fat -- mostly not fat unless you gain more than 40 pounds or so (even then it could be more water retention than fat). If you're not eating enough, your body is absolutely going to adjust your metabolism to take care of that little parasite. :tongue: If you're eating healthy and staying active, you HAVE to stop obsessing over it. There's nothing more you can do. Plus, stress encourages weight gain. :wink:

Ronya -- It makes me so happy to read that your brother is getting more time with his son. :smile:

Maria/Anne -- So we all agree, last night sucked. :ohwell: I finally managed to get to sleep for the first time around 6am. I slept until about 10.30 though so that's not too terrible I guess.

Come on, full moon!

I just laughed when reading this. Sorry, I know it's annoying to read my posts. My poor DH is SOOOO sick of hearing me ***** about my weight. It's just hard. It took so long to get to a point that I was happy with the scale and preggo or not it's hard to see that number go up. :sad: About cals in vs out stuff. I love this site, BUT this method doesen't work for me with weight loss. What happens to me is even though I stick with the recommended calories, I find myself eating a carb heavy diet and not loosing weight. Even with working out like nuts. When I first joined this site I would get so pissed and take my journal into my personal trainer because I was not seeing results. She agreed that I need to cut my carbs. And BAM, I lost my last 10 pounds right away (and kept it off). She said some ppl are just "carb sensitive" and I must be one of them. Anyway, I will work on not freaking out about the scale. Thanks for listening! :smile:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Maureen: I love your pic! Tomorrow, yay!!!

Jen: That is super scary! I am glad the baby is ok. What a relief! Don't overdo it though.

Bzima: You had a scary week too! Goodness. I hope everything is ok with you. I am glad your baby is ok too.

Danielle: Yay for 30 weeks, what a milestone.

Anne: You are full term now. Wahoo.

Julie: The hats are so cute. I wish I was crafty like that.

Afm: I am doing a bit better now. But goodness I was so depressed this morning. I know Julie, Maureen and Maria are the the same boat. But I woke up this morning so depressed that I was still pregnant. I cried all morning. I just feel like my patience is really being tested right now. My husband's advice... "Why don't you go visit your friend's new baby. Doesn't a baby crying help induce labor." What the heck?? Really seeing a newborn isn't going to make me feel better. I know that I only have to wait until Monday, but I am also feeling depressed that I am picking her due date and making her come. But she just doesn't want to seem to come on her own. Sorry for my rant. I am just a bit emotional today.
  • jenzimmer
    Options

Jen – that is soooo scary! Glad that things have calmed down a bit now. I would have been super upset as well. I would be a little bit concerned about your BP though being so low, especially as you said how stressed you were! When do you go back? Definitely something to keep an eye on…

My bp is always super low, this is normal for me. I'm really happy because I had pre e with DS and my BP was super high. The lowerer the better! I have a follow up next Thursday.
  • samfordbelle
    samfordbelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Samfordbelle- Welcome! 10lbs before August is a bit extreme, that is only 2 weeks away! Eat healthy, be active, and you are set. Good luck TTC!

Sorry, I was thinking end of August. And that my Aug cycle starts mid-month. :) Doh. Thanks!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    How can you tell the difference between hiccups and other movement?
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Come on, full moon!

I just laughed when reading this. Sorry, I know it's annoying to read my posts. My poor DH is SOOOO sick of hearing me ***** about my weight. It's just hard. It took so long to get to a point that I was happy with the scale and preggo or not it's hard to see that number go up. :sad: About cals in vs out stuff. I love this site, BUT this method doesen't work for me with weight loss. What happens to me is even though I stick with the recommended calories, I find myself eating a carb heavy diet and not loosing weight. Even with working out like nuts. When I first joined this site I would get so pissed and take my journal into my personal trainer because I was not seeing results. She agreed that I need to cut my carbs. And BAM, I lost my last 10 pounds right away (and kept it off). She said some ppl are just "carb sensitive" and I must be one of them. Anyway, I will work on not freaking out about the scale. Thanks for listening! :smile:

Maybe I'm just irritable because I haven't slept well for days but you kind of rubbed me the wrong way here. Like none of the rest of us have worked hard to be healthy and lose weight? I lost 80 pounds before I got pregnant. I've gained almost 40 with pregnancy. Yeah, it's annoying and I thought I should be able to make it gaining less but I'm pregnant so I've gotten over it.

Most of us have whined about our weight gain at some point or another. But to laugh at someone trying to support you is really rude.

Edit: Yeah, I'm quite sure this is a hormonal emotional blip of mine but I'm leaving this post here because it's not an inaccurate representation of the way your post made me feel. If you know how your body works then work with it. I'm still pretty offended that you posted that you laughed at my attempt to acknowledge your struggle and support you. I'm sure it won't even matter to you (and that's fine) but I won't be making the effort in the future.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Maureen- You will be on my mind this weekend! I hope that your birth goes as smoothly as possible even if you do end up being induced. You get to meet your lo!

Jen- I think that you can cut back on the carbs if you think it’s making you gain too much. I know that you need ATON of protein while pregnant but I am not sure you need as much carbs (obviously not all but some)… maybe focus on proteins…. Also your posts aren’t annoying to read. We ALL have gone through periods of oh my gosh this weight gain….

Bzima- I am sorry for what you have been going through. Get plenty of rest and I am glad that your LO is okay! REST REST REST :)

Samfordbelle- Welcome!

Victoria- That’s what my brother is attempting to do… he is only 21 so we will see :) Difference for me between hiccups and other movements is that the hiccups are much lighter to feel and they are right on rhythm and will go on for a long time.

Rachel- That’s weird about the movements. My doctor tells me 10 movements a day…. Not an hour or two hours like some of yours. I actually think I feel her move a little less as I get further along, or different movements anyways because of there being less room.

Julie- I tried to knit, and failed. Haha maybe I will take up crocheting.

Rachael- You are so close! Enjoy your last weekend and get everything ready for your LO. I am sorry you are feeling that way… I get like that sometimes and I am only 37 weeks! YOU ARE SO SO CLOSE.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Victoria -- Like Anne, I realized hiccups were hiccups because they're very rhythmic. It kind of felt like light tapping in rhythm at first but later on (and now) it kind of feels like I have the hiccups, just in my uterus instead of my diaphragm. :laugh: I tend to want to hold my breath to try to make them stop but of course that doesn't work at all.
  • aschirmer3692
    aschirmer3692 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    lilibe wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. My DH’s cousin’s baby for sure has Trisomy 18. She is a couple weeks behind me in the pregnancy, so I’m guessing she’s about 14 or 15 weeks now. I guess the doctors have been concerned about this pregnancy for a while now (not sure why). I’m getting my info from my MIL, who’s talking to her sister, so the info is a bit spotty. They have already lost the baby, and DH’s cousin is going to the hospital tomorrow. It’s really sad. This is their second child and they are such a wonderful family. Trisomy 18 is something that can be seen on an ultrasound.

My daughter also has trisomy 18. I am very very fortunate she will be 7 years old this year. She does have MAJOR medical issues however. I'm here if you need a friend. ♡