Pregnancy- July 2011

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Those in groups a & b we have a great sister group called Fit for Future Families or you are welcome to stay with us! Welcome all!

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for this baby to pop out but I dont want her to come until after Monday. I just dont want a 4th of July baby. Last night I had bad cramps right around bedtime. Bf got really worried but I was able to sleep through it so I said it really couldnt be anything for real.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Today my friend invited me swimming. I am looking forward to that. Monday, bf and I are gonna watch fireworks at his work.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Anne - thanks for starting a new thread!

Maureen - have fun swimming!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    prepping for the guest invasion but stopped in to see about Emma....

CONGRATULATIONS Mama Brittony !!!!!
    Hope you are recovering nicely and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it and, of course, photos of your precious Emma.

xoxo
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Maureen- Enjoy the pool and the fireworks... fingers crossed for a July 5th baby for you!

Victoria- Enjoy your guests this weekend.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Bumping to stalk you guys
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anne! It hadn't even crossed my mind.

Maureen -- I was thinking I don't want a holiday baby but after I thought about it, it could be fun for a while. You could totally convince her all the fireworks were for her birthday. After about 6-7 years it'd probably get pretty old for her though. :ohwell:

Maria -- That um... discharge sounds a lot like what I'm having now after the mucous plug/show stuff.
    I'm still thinking maybe the exam caused the bleeding and then I lost my plug. I a bit skeptical the bloody show was the real deal.

I keep getting a strong crampy contraction or two and then they fizzle out. Such a tease! :laugh: I'm a bit later than I wanted, but I'm about to take the pup for as long of a walk as possible. It's already almost 90 out. Blech!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Congrats Brittony!!!! I can't wait to see pictures :flowerforyou:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anne for remembering. I totally spaced it, too :)

Getting ready for my son's baptism this morning. (In our church we baptize when kids are 8 and can understand the promises they make). Excited, but wow I can't believe he's already 8! Going to try my best to not be an emotional boober, haha.
    And in a few months we'll be welcoming his little brother - this is a busy year for our family! :)
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks Anne, that didn't even cross my mind either. :)

Julz, congrats on your son's baptism. I do believe we go to the same church. :o)

Julie, at least you are having contractions. I have still haven't really had any... I hope that just means that all the dilation will occur close together.

Today will be a good day. I have my hubby all day long. We actually got up pretty early and I made cinnamon rolls, eggs and sausage. Now he's working in the yard, and I am going to install the car seat and return some gifts to Walmart. We might go to a matinee also, yay for cheaper movies.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Julz- Enjoy the baptism! Special day for your DS!

Rachael- Enjoy having your DH around, mine has to work this afternoon ;(

Julie- uhg, too hot here to walk now... its 8 am or nothing for me haha.

SO i just hit up The Childrens Place sale.. AMAZING... took my online printed 15% off coupon and got a pair of jeans, pair of cloth pants, pair of shorts, tank top, t shirt, 2 pairs of tights for 17 dollars.... all for next summer's sizes!
  • bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am due on 9/1/11. This is my first pregnancy. I don't know the sex of the baby yet, but get to find out at my baby shower --- mind you everyone else in my family knows. This was the deal I made with my sisters since I wanted to find out what the sex was and they didn't want me to. I made the deal that I would wait until the baby shower to find out (my husband has known since April!! -- makes it hard for me to do any shopping to get ready for the baby). My baby shower is July 30 (how evil are my sisters?). I think it is a girl and have since the beginning, but we will see come July 30th what it actually is. :)

How can you tell if the baby has turned? At 28wks the baby was still breech (had an ultrasound for a health check for the baby).
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Bridgett- That sounds awful! I never would have been able to wait to find out, it will be SO fun at your shower though! Not sure about the baby turning.... FTM here! Welcome!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow. I just put on a pair of my fat jeans that are 3-4 sizes bigger than I wore pre-pregnancy and I can button them :laugh: Who the hell does Old Navy make jeans for, anyway? Apparently women who are 9 months pregnant.

They never fit when I was fat(ter) because the hips/thighs were way too tight & I couldn't get them on. By the time I lost enough weight that they fit there, the waist was way too big. Now that I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have gained some weight in my hips/thighs and my waistline has increased by about 11 inches, they fit perfectly! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ridiculous.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Also bumping to stalk. Congrats Brittony! I can't wait to see her :)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Julie – it’s in the 90’s here too. We had a memorial service for my Aunt Charlotte at the cemetery today and I thought I was going to die from just a half an hour in the heat.

Julz – congrats on your sons baptism! I cry now when I see babies get baptized I doubt I’ll be able to hold it together when it’s Kathryn’s turn.

Rachael – I hope you’re enjoying the day with your hubby!

Anne – I’m using all my will power to stay away from The Children’s Place. Even with the sale I could do some serious damage.

Bridgett – Welcome and congratulations!! I don’t think I’d be able to stand having everyone else know except me. I heard on the radio that now a lot of people are having the doctor put the sex of the baby into a sealed envelop and taking it to a bakery. They make a cake with either pink or blue inside and the parents throw a party and find out the sex when they cut into the cake with all their family and friends there.

Kacy - miss you!!!! Hope you're doing well!

I’m pretty sure I’m going to gain at least 5 pounds just over this weekend with all the picnics (and desserts) everywhere I turn. ::sigh::
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Bump! Tried to post a pic using the iPod but I can't figure it out. Oh how I wish my laptop worked. Baby girl is sleeping soundly... So is my husband. We are pooped. Blissfully pooped :)
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Julie - yeah, it's especially hard to not cry when it's your own child. But everyone understands, and almost expects it, so all good!

It was a great service, but I am exhausted now. We're supposed to go to a block-party tonight at a family members, but I don't know if we're going to make it. Nap time :yawn:
  • AnneElise
    Options
    So ladies I have had something I have been thinking about and have not been ready to talk about it up to this point except with my DH of course. This may be long sorry. As I have complained to you many times about my sickness, I called my dr. yesterday to ask her at what point I should go to the hospital for dehydration. She called me back and gave me some symptoms to look for ect. She also said she understood why I don’t want to be on the IV but she may insist at some point if she feels it is needed. She then said that she wanted me to think about something for the next week (my next apt is July 11th). She said she wanted to offer me an early induction (she said probably 39 weeks but we could discuss it further). She reminded me that there was NO PRESSURE, she does not love inducing patients and is not pushing me to do so in any way. She wanted me to have that option because of how sick I have been getting. She is slightly worried that I am getting more and more exhausted as time goes and how that will affect my labor. She said that she would be checking my cervix and we could decide based on what she finds in the next couple weeks but she wanted me to think about if it is something that I want to do. She told me many times that she would let me go to 42 weeks if that is what I want but she felt it necessary to give me that option.

Well this whole time I have been thinking no way till 41 weeks would I be induced but I have just been feeling really really down physically and mentally the last two weeks. I have been spending the day researching inductions and I understand the risks. I have not made me decision but I am considering it. I know that some of you are very against it and I understand your reasons for that. I just don’t know how much longer I can take feeling this way. I feel like I cannot do anything and I spend every minute thinking about feeling so badly. I don't want to go out to eat because I have to puke in the restraunt, I can go walking but usually those days I feel sicker than others because of the temperature, I don't feel like I can be outsife because the heat makes me dizzy, I tried baking cookies today and it was fun! but i can't eat them because I just throw them up... so on and so forth.

Well I just wanted to share that this is on my mind :)

Thanks for listening :)
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Julie- thats so funny about your jeans! Old Navy pants never fit me.

Kacy- Hope things are going well! We miss you!

Ronya- Enjoy the food! Maybe just try to get some extra exercise in this week?

Brittony- I can't wait to see pictures! I hope you and family are doing well!

Julz- I am glad the service went so well! I don't blame you for taking a nap!
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Julie - yeah, it's especially hard to not cry when it's your own child. But everyone understands, and almost expects it, so all good!

Oops, it was Ron, not Julie who posted that, wasn't it. Sorry ... can you tell I'm tired? :blushing:

Anne - IMO, when there's a medical reason, I don't think an early induction is necessarily bad. And you definitely have a good reason! Labor can be intense and exhausting (induced or not) and you want as much energy as possible for it. If you and your doc decide it's best for you to go early, don't feel guilty about it - and don't let anyone tell you it's the wrong choice (Just like we all said to Brittony about deciding on a c-section for Emma). And who knows, maybe she'll decide to come early anyway :wink: