Pregnancy- July 2011

Options

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Rachel- glad you had a good time camping. I am sorry about the falling out with your friend. I am glad she realized that she was wrong and said sorry. It sounds like a big adventure on the way home (running out of gas and all :noway: ). I have done TONS of thinking about this (too much really) and I am hoping after talking to my dr. I will be as informed as possible. I really am interested to see if I am dilated or effaced at all in the next couple weeks because that could make a difference for me. I am going to see if my insurance would cover the IV's and discuss the option further with my dr. I am sorry that you are also facing the possibility of an early induction, did they tell you when they recommend?

When she started talking inductions or planned c-section, I seized right up! I think she saw the look on my face, because she assured me that they will always allow a woman to try to labour vaginally, and that because I am a "big girl" I likely have a larger pelvis and will be able to deliver a big baby ok. It is just the induction part I am not sure of. I am trying to have faith that 1) my body would not build a baby that I cannot deliver, and 2) that my body/the baby knows when is best to come out, not a dr who suspects that the baby is big.

I am not afraid of a big baby! We learned at our birthing class that big babies are easier to push out- as the woman put it, "they are heavier, gravity works in their favour and they come barreling out of there"

I have another appt tomorrow, so I will ask a few more questions I guess on if they would recommend an induction or not. I guess I will cross that bridge when it comes to it!

Fingers crossed that baby has flipped back to head down come tomorrow!

Please keep us all updated on what is going on with you!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Juiie --- ooh, I love Opal, I am so jealous! It's my birthstone, and I have a couple of pieces of jewelry with opal.

I have found that I can't wear most jewelry right now. My wedding band is fine. It's 10 karat gold, but doesn't bother me. But anything else - rings, necklaces, even earrings now - makes me itchy and/or break out. Haven't tried my set lately, it's 18 or 24 karat (don't remember), but most of my other stuff is less expensive. I suspect nickel, I know that's a common allergen. But it's been so much worse since I got pregnant. Just me or does anyone else have that issue?

Glucose test tomorrow. Keep fingers crossed for me! I just looked at the bottle, and it is only 50 g glucose total, and since I''m supposed to avoid sweet cereals, juice, and even fruit, it shouldn't be too much extra. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and it will taste good (ha -- yeah, right)!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Rachel- I hear so many stories about this big baby stuff (my other friend who is due next week is having a c-section because her dr. thinks her baby is big)… I am glad that they are going to let you try and that you have a positive attitude about it. Let me know how your apt goes today. I am calling when they open to try to get in this week instead of next Monday.

Julz- Mine really wasn’t that bad… I just chugged it down. Tasted like flat orange pop. I hope your glucose test goes well today!!

Julie- So question, did all of the your small comments ever make you have paranoid moments where you were like, maybe I AM too small and she isn’t growing right or something like that? haha. Everyone I see tells me I am too small right now and even though she was checked at great 1.5 weeks ago I had a couple paranoid thoughts like oh no, maybe she hasn’t grown at all since last week hah.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Just wanted to let you ladies know they got me in at 10:30 today. Thanks for the support this weekend!
  • JKilty
    JKilty Posts: 75
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Rachael – I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time walking around.

Julie – I really hope you’re “sick” today.

Katrina – yea for a good night sleep and fun biking! I never learned how to ride a bike, my dad tried a few summers in a row to teach me but I never caught on.

Anne – hope you appointment goes well and you start to feel better!

Mel – I take of all my jewelry at night and when I shower. I used to keep my wedding rings on all time until I work up one morning with a huge scratch on my face so I stopped sleeping with them. Then they got really loose when I started to lose weight so I was afraid they’d fall off in the shower. I still take them off in the shower after I got a ring guard just because I got in the habit of it.

Rachel – I’m glad you had fun camping but I’m sorry you had a fight with your friend.

Julz – good luck with your glucose test!

I was not ready to come back to work today, I feel like I’m in a fog and I’m so sleepy. Last night at the movies I managed to walk into a huge cardboard sign advertising the new Harry Potter movie and the side of my hand is bruised and cut up. :huh: Still don't know how I did that. I thought it was better today, but now it’s throbbing. :ohwell:
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

I have found that I can't wear most jewelry right now. My wedding band is fine. It's 10 karat gold, but doesn't bother me. But anything else - rings, necklaces, even earrings now - makes me itchy and/or break out. Haven't tried my set lately, it's 18 or 24 karat (don't remember), but most of my other stuff is less expensive. I suspect nickel, I know that's a common allergen. But it's been so much worse since I got pregnant. Just me or does anyone else have that issue?

Glucose test tomorrow. Keep fingers crossed for me! I just looked at the bottle, and it is only 50 g glucose total, and since I''m supposed to avoid sweet cereals, juice, and even fruit, it shouldn't be too much extra. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and it will taste good (ha -- yeah, right)!

I have always been allergic to nickel, I found that white gold is mixed with nickel to make it white, so I cannot wear that either or I will break out. My hubby special made my wedding ring out of palladium, so that is nice. But yeah most of the cheaper stuff is made with nickel.

Good luck on your glucose test. I hope all goes well.

I have a dr. apt today at noon. I hope I get good news on progress.
  • jenzimmer
    Options
    So ladies I have had something I have been thinking about and have not been ready to talk about it up to this point except with my DH of course. This may be long sorry. As I have complained to you many times about my sickness, I called my dr. yesterday to ask her at what point I should go to the hospital for dehydration. She called me back and gave me some symptoms to look for ect. She also said she understood why I don’t want to be on the IV but she may insist at some point if she feels it is needed. She then said that she wanted me to think about something for the next week (my next apt is July 11th). She said she wanted to offer me an early induction (she said probably 39 weeks but we could discuss it further). She reminded me that there was NO PRESSURE, she does not love inducing patients and is not pushing me to do so in any way. She wanted me to have that option because of how sick I have been getting. She is slightly worried that I am getting more and more exhausted as time goes and how that will affect my labor. She said that she would be checking my cervix and we could decide based on what she finds in the next couple weeks but she wanted me to think about if it is something that I want to do. She told me many times that she would let me go to 42 weeks if that is what I want but she felt it necessary to give me that option.

Well this whole time I have been thinking no way till 41 weeks would I be induced but I have just been feeling really really down physically and mentally the last two weeks. I have been spending the day researching inductions and I understand the risks. I have not made me decision but I am considering it. I know that some of you are very against it and I understand your reasons for that. I just don’t know how much longer I can take feeling this way. I feel like I cannot do anything and I spend every minute thinking about feeling so badly. I don't want to go out to eat because I have to puke in the restraunt, I can go walking but usually those days I feel sicker than others because of the temperature, I don't feel like I can be outsife because the heat makes me dizzy, I tried baking cookies today and it was fun! but i can't eat them because I just throw them up... so on and so forth.

Well I just wanted to share that this is on my mind :)

Thanks for listening :)

I had no choice with DS, I HAD to get induced. It was not bad. My labor went from 0-60 so that was tough but all in all it was the best thing for me and the baby. If I were you, I would get induced. But that's just me. My Dr. will not let me go past my due date because of the risks on having a large baby and that puts you at risk for a c section. I would rather have an induction than c section if I have to pick. I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Julie- My mother literally did it to every family member we saw this weekend. It got old very quickly! Clearly I’m pregnant!:grumble:

Maureen- I hope you are feeling better today

Anne- Glad you had a good visit with your family. Hope your appointment goes well today.

Ron- Men are so oblivious to EVERYTHING. Don’t take it to heart- you know how they are! You are clearly pregnant and beautiful. :flowerforyou: And being clumsy is something I’m already good at but my balance is TOTALLY off the bigger my belly grows! Hope your hand feels better.

Rachael- I wonder how much longer you have to wait for your little girl?!

Mel- I used to NEVER take my wedding rings off but then I lost so much weight that they had a hard time to stay on so all they do is spin on my fingers now. I take them off at night. I guess I won’t have to worry about swelling or not getting them off when they are 2 sizes too big!

Rachel- Sorry to hear about the falling out with your friend. Hope that didn’t ruin your trip.

Julz- Fingers crossed for your glucose testing!

I've been battling migraines for the last 2 days.... I feel like I'm going back to the first trimester all over again :sad:
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    These are the name blocks I made for little man's nursery that I was talking about when we were all discussing our love for Etsy. I'll post a better pic once his room is done :smile:

IMG_0354-1.jpg
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Julz -- Good luck with the glucose test!

Anne -- Nope, I haven't really been paranoid about her size. She was in the 33rd percentile for weight at 20+4 so while that's good, just a little smaller than "average." But who knows what's happened since then. The women on the maternal side of my family have all had smallish babies. My brother was the biggest baby in the last couple of generations and he was 7.5lbs. Based on that, I'm actually kind of expecting her to be 6-7lbs and I'll actually be surprised if she's over 8lbs. My fundal measurement has been spot on the entire time and my OB has never once even insinuated there's any concern with my size. I think people are just used to folks gaining 50+lbs?

Ronya -- Sounds like you should've been "sick" today, too! It sounds like you're about as graceful as I am. :wink: Whenever I do something clumsy and stupid now, hubby actually says "That's Julie!" :laugh: :embarassed:

Rachael -- Good luck at your appointment! I have one this afternoon.

I did it! I laid out of work today. But for good reason since I was all kinds of nauseous when I woke up and I've been crampy and having frequent contractions this morning which is unusual for me. My contractions are usually very slow in the morning and then pick up as the day goes on. They were actually waking me up frequently while I slept last night & this morning and that hasn't really happened before, at least not that frequently. I don't know if it means anything, but I'm super glad I'm not feeling like this while trying to do orientation at work. I'd be so miserable. Hubby actually forbid me to go to work today. :laugh: He doesn't want me going into labor "that far away." It's a 20-25 minute drive! :laugh: I'm not trying to get my hopes up for any "progress" at my appointment today. I think I've finally accepted that I'm probably going to be pregnant for another 1.5 weeks at least. :tongue:
  • sexylily
    sexylily Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi, Im a new mommy to be! I just found out I'm pregnant on july 1st. I'm really happy to be pregnant even If I didn't get to meet my Goal weight before I got pregnant but I'm trying to make better healthy choices now that Im eating for two. I should be visiting my doctor next week the mean while if you have any advices let me know.

Please add me as a friend :flowerforyou: gracias :wink:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump

Brittony: Congrats!!! Welcome Emma can't wait to see pics!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Danielle -- Those blocks are super cute!! I love the little owl!
  • jenzimmer
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great 4th! Ugh, I'm not feeling well today at all. I really can't put my finger on it, just over all pooped. I think it may be from the busy holiday weekend. Yesterday we spent the whole day in the sun and heat on the lake. I didn't sleep last night at all. My son got up like 4 times and my husband has a bad cold so he was up all night also. I'm sure that doesn't help. I'm acutally thinking of going home early today to get some rest. I just feel like crap! :frown:
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling very sorry for myself today! I was just looking at pictures of a bunch of my friends on FB who were at our annual lake trip (which I did not attend this year). Most of my girlfriends there have had kids and recently too. I also had one friend there who was about 18 weeks prego and looked AMAZING. All of them were running around in their bikini's looking amazing with their cute bodies!!! And I got jealous. How come none of them have stretch marks :grumble: I got tons with my first 7 years ago and my belly looks like a road map. And to lose my pregnancy weight, it takes me a year!. These girls have 4-6 month old babies and you would never know. Every time I would go to the lake, I always wore a little tank top over my bikini and my friends would always say that it's fine and to take it off, but when I look at their bellies, it's not fine to me. :sad: :sad: :sad: I really think I am going to figure out how to get some sort of plastic surgery to get rid of these because I have honestly tried every other remedy known to man and they are still there. They aren't dark, but they are obvious. And right now, I'm feeling like I am the only woman in the world who gets stretch marks from pregnancy!
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this. I am 15 weeks pregnant and I have to go in today to meet with a dietician because my glucose test was high. Has anyone else done the Sweet Success program? Not sure what to expect from it. Also, not sure why but I have been losing weight lately. I haven't been trying, just in maintence mode but so far have lost 5 pounds since I got pregnant. I just wish I could have done that before I got pregnant!!!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    All the fun of the weekend is over, now back & busy at work.
    I've got lots to read since Thursday so I'll be doing that and replying this evening when I have more time.
    Hope you are all well and had fantastic holiday weekends!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Rachael- Let us know how your dr. apt. went! Hope you got some good news!

Jen- Thanks for the advice :) I am glad to hear that yours wasn’t so bad, it’s nice to hear those stories :) I am sorry you aren’t feeling well either… it seems like this happens to us all at the same time. It probably was the activity and the heat, make sure you get some rest tonight!

Danielle- Sorry about the migraines! I hope you can get rid of them soon! I haven’t ever had a real migraine I don’t think, just headaches. Um, I LOVE your blocks, I wish I had your artistic talent!

Julie- ahh so your measurement has been on, I wouldn’t worry either. I shouldn’t and I usually don’t. I just have fleeting moments when every person I see says that now. She was 48th percentile at 32 weeks so it is silly to worry. Let us know how your apt. goes today! I hope it is something exciting. I am sorry that you aren’t feeling well but glad you aren’t at work.

Lily- Welcome to the group! Congrats!

Mamarandell- I have them :( Don’t worry, I had a panic attack/pity party for myself when they first came and they keep growing in number. They are awful. I am so mad about them because I haven’t gained too much weight even and I still go them. I don’t know how long it will take me to lose the weight but it looks like it will be a tankini for me too!

Kerri- Welcome and congrats on your LO. I haven’t done the program… do you have MS still or are you eating healthier? I lost weight at the start but mine was due to the joys of puking :)

Victoria- Hope you are having a good day!

AFM: Well I got to my apt. this morning and my midwife had woken up with a fever so I had to see a different one. She checked everything and things are all okay so that’s great news. She also did my strep B test which wasn’t nearly as bad as I was expecting. She said my little flaps down there I mentioned earlier are just from pressure. She didn’t check me as she said my midwife would on Monday (they kept my Monday apt. so I could see my midwife) but she said that she could feel the head doing the strep test and that she was very low! I don’t know what that means but it has to be kind of good right? Haha. She said that could be causing some of my issues. She said she isn’t putting me on bed rest but she doesn’t want me to be very active (no more walking for long periods of time) and she was me mostly resting. She didn’t want to talk with me about induction stuff as she doesn’t know the history of my pregnancy. So basically everything with baby is still great so I am just going to have to deal for awhile :) I have decided no more bad attitude, no more whining, no more negativity. Maybe being more positive will be enough to help me feel a little better on its own. I will know Monday more about inducing or not.