Pregnancy- July 2011

Options

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Congratulations brit!!!

Just home from camping, will try to catch up with you all tomorrow!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Julie- Hope July 3rd was your day after all but I am guessing not :) Sounds like you still got some nesting in you!

Katrina- I am seriously considering it. I may talk to my dr. this week about exactly what it would entail… I am not convinced it is something that is going to help (from her first description to what I think the problem is) but it may be worth a shot either way. I also need to find out the cost and if my insurance really will cover it. Oh my! I can imagine how exhausted you must be! I hope you got to sleep in this morning! You deserve it!

Maureen- I am sorry that you were dizzy :( As miserable as I feel now I can’t imagine how you feel being so close! I don’t blame you at all for wanting to be done and to meet your little one.

Rachel- I hope you had a lot of fun camping!

Happy 4th everyone! My DH's brother and SIL came into town last night. We had a really nice time with them, they have never been to Chattanooga. I made the mistake of walking 3 miles in the morning with a friend because we walked ALL OVER the city later on. We went to the farmers market and basically toured the whole downtown.... great besides it being 100 degrees and me swelling like a marshmellow :) Luckily after dinner they wanted to just relax so we played games at home. Fun day. We have a short BBQ today but besides that not too much.
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Congratulations Brittony and welcome baby Emma!

Sorry i've been MIA for a while ladies, been having extreme exhaustion and constant nausea for last few weeks which mmeans i've been in bed at 7pm every night!

However a scan today has shown i'm having twins...double the symptoms obviously!

I am very surprised as twins does not run in my family but we are over the moon excited with our news!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Sorry i've been MIA for a while ladies, been having extreme exhaustion and constant nausea for last few weeks which mmeans i've been in bed at 7pm every night!

However a scan today has shown i'm having twins...double the symptoms obviously!

I am very surprised as twins does not run in my family but we are over the moon excited with our news!

Oh my goodness!!! How exciting for you and your family :flowerforyou: So sorry to hear that you are so sick though. I hope you'll be feeling better once you are out of the first trimester.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Danielle – glad you made it back safely. My mom hasn’t started introducing my child to anyone yet, but lately everyone has to put their hands on my belly and to say hi to Kathryn before they say hi to me. :huh:

Katrina – hope you got to sleep in this morning!

Maureen – ugh, I’m sorry you’re having such a bad day. Hopefully you’ll have a July 5th baby!! :happy:

Rachel - welcome back!! Hope you had fun!

Anne – boo for the heat, but I’m glad had had a good time with your BIL and SIL.

Steph – ahhhh twins!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :bigsmile: :heart:

So at the picnic last night I overheard my cousin (distant cousin I haven’t seen in almost a year) say to his wife, “wow, Ronya’s really gained a lot a weight.” Before I could say anything to him, his wife yells, “*kitten*, she’s 6 months pregnant!!!” :ohwell:
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks danielle and ronya! I am suffering but for a good cause! Definitely double trouble!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Congrats Steph!

Ronya - Thats funny! Men can be so oblivious at times.

Anne - Hopefully you can relax today.

AFM: I feel better than yesterday. I didnt wake up with the dizziness again, so I am a happy camper. Today I can kick back and relax (besides getting my laundry done) and then go see fireworks with my bf. He took me for Indian food last night (which I have been wanting for weeks). It was so awesome but man did I have heartburn all night after. But I still think it was worth it.

Happy 4th to everyone.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Maureen: Glad you are feeling better. I am starting to get the "I am done being pregnant" feeling, so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Hopefully your baby comes real soon.

Steph! Oh my goodness yay! Twins, that is so exciting, congrats. Sorry about the not feeling good part though, I hope things turn around for you there.

Anne: Sorry I never commented, I didn't really get on the board. But it looks like people have answered. I would do what feels right for you. Honestly, I've always felt that inducing should be done if there is a medical reason (which there is), but at this point, if my baby was a little late and my mw recommended it, I don't think I would pass it up... :) I am just so ready and so tired of being uncomfortable. So, I think whatever you decide will be just fine.

So, I found that I can no longer do too much standing or walking. It is lame. I went to Walmart Saturday to return some baby items and then get a few things. I started cramping up so bad that I was nearly in tears by the time I got to my car. It was constant, so unfortunately not contractions. But my MIL said that the pressure from walking can cause bad ligament pain that feels like menstrual cramps. Blah... so I officially told my hubby that any grocery trips from now until the baby comes will be in his hands.

Well, happy 4th everyone. I am going to a bbq and then I am super excited for fireworks!! Yay.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Katrina -- Thank you so much for clarifying!! I was so confused. :laugh: And, wow, that's a lot of people at your house! I'd be so pooped.

Maureen -- Yeah, I'm pretty much right there with you with the done being pregnant thing. I have absolutely enjoyed PARTS of being pregnant but at this point I'm a total basketcase and my body is throwing all kinds of extra discomforts my way. For example, frequent calf cramps that make my leg so sore I can hardly walk for DAYS and this new development of what I lovingly refer to as "crotch cramps" but are really cramps on the inside of my upper thighs when I try to take a step. I think it's just muscle fatigue or something because it happens much more often in the evening than the morning/afternoon. I end up crab-walking a lot of times because it's the most comfortable way for me to walk. My husband thinks it's hilarious. I'm a sight to be seen for sure. :laugh: I can hardly believe you're only 4 days from your due date though! It'll happen soon whether she wants to come out or not. :smile: Fingers crossed both of our girls show up this week!

Anne -- Sounds like fun day! And I feel you on the swelling. After my walk Saturday morning I wasn't able to get both of my rings on which is the first time that's happened. I could get either one on, but not both on the same finger. Stupid heat!

Steph -- TWINS!! How exciting!! :heart: So happy for you! I wonder if there's a way tell if they're identical or fraternal in utero (I mean, obviously if they're different genders they're not identical. :tongue:). Would identical twins always share a sac? I know absolutely nothing about it. I hope you feel better soon. As much as I don't love the discomforts of 3rd tri, I definitely don't miss the sickness of 1st tri.

Ronya -- I don't think I need to remind you that people are idiots! :laugh: Haha, so glad his wife set him straight!

Nope, no July 3rd baby for me. Doesn't seem that July 4th will be the day either. :tongue: I don't know who I'm trying to kid -- I'm going to be here for 3 more weeks. Now I have to decide whether or not I'm going to be "sick" for work tomorrow. I want to cry when I think about having to do orientation at all, especially by myself. :ohwell:
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Anne Elise – I hope your swelling goes down after resting last night. Take it easy this morning. I didn’t get to sleep in this morning, but I fell asleep on DH yesterday before 10 and did not wake up until 6:30 so it was almost as good.

Steph – congratulations on the twins. That is my dh’s greatest fear – since we already have 4. A friend of mine had spontaneous triplets with two older kids.

Ronya – at least she took care of it for you!

Maureen – glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your relaxing day. I spent two hours almost folding laundry last night, only to have at least 4 more load to get done today! We do at least 2 loads a day, three on sheet change days.

Ronya – I’m sorry that you were hurting so bad. I’ve never had that so I can’t even imagine.

Julie – you never know. I’d see how I was feeling tomorrow, but I’d be really, really tempted to call in to work. The co-worker is a bad word and should have more consideration that to dump this on you at this point.

Had a great breakfast after some really great sleep last night. Then the whole family went for a family bike ride instead of going to the gym. We road almost 7.5 miles and my 6yo did it all on 2 wheels (he just learned a couple of weeks ago). There were some stops and false starts, a few tears, but he got 7-11 at the midpoint so he’s a happy camper! I’ll be glad when the 4 yo can keep up and I don’t have to haul the extra 40 pounds on the back of my bike. DH has Cerebral Palsy so he can’t handle the challenge to his balance with her on the back.

Exercise challenge:
    M: 30 cardio, 20 strength
    T: 31 cardio, 21 strength
    W: 3 hours at the pool with 7 kids! Nothing tracked, but I should have burned calories!
    H: 32 cardio, 27 strength
    F: 110 walking

Left for today is giving DH and 6yo a haircut, going to McD’s for a playdate, Ruby Tuesday for dinner, and watching the fireworks show at the minor league baseball club. Enjoy your 4th!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Julie, sometimes they can tell identical or not in advance, fraternal have 2 placentas, but identical might as well. Having 1 indicates identical but 2 could be either. (if I'm remembering correctly) Sometimes they don't know and can't tell even immediately at birth!

Wow- 5 kids! Big surprise there?!!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Steph- Congrats again on the twins, so exciting! What a surprise!

Ronya- Stupid men, glad is wife set him straight. You are doing great!

Maureen- So glad you are feeling better today! Enjoy your 4th and I think you will make it without a 4th baby… unless you are in the hospital now :)

Rachael- That’s okay, I knew a lot of people were busy this weekend. Thank you for the support. It is funny how things change once you get to the reality of the end of pregnancy. I am sorry that you are having such pain standing and walking, that has to be awful. I hope that isn’t ongoing the rest of your pregnancy.

Julie- those leg cramps don’t sound fun to me… sound like a reason to maybe be “sick” tomorrow :) I never would have been able to get my rings off yesterday my hands were so puffy but its gone down mostly today.

Katrina- Glad you got a good breakfast and good night’s rest in! Your biking trip sounds awesome! I am glad you enjoyed it, great job on the exercise challenge!

Exercise Challenge:
    Monday- walked 3 miles with my mom and sister
    Wednesday- walked 2 miles with my mom
    Friday- Walked 1.5 miles with the dogs.
    Sunday- Walked 3 miles in the morning, then walked all over the city in the afternoon (another 80 minutes I would say)

Isn’t the best exercise but I don’t think I will be able to continue doing that much even right now unless something changes with my eating abilities and/or the 100 degree weather.

I have decided to move my apt. up from next Monday to one day this week even if that means seeing a different midwife at the practice. I am having funny symptoms and it is strange because I have been throwing up for so many weeks I don’t know why I would feel so much worse all of a sudden, I want to make sure that nothing else is wrong. I also am going to discuss with them further the IV option to see if it will work for me to try (this after shattering a glass this morning because my hands were feeling so funny that I couldn’t grip it :() luckily after some water and a bagel thin (which stayed down whoo hoo) they felt better.
    Enjoy your holiday everyone! I am going to nap and we have a BBQ later.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    random non preg related post... just curious. I see so many posts about rings not coming on or off or going back on in the morning etc... how many people take their rings off daily? I guess if you wear additional jewelry/ rings you're already taking off it makes sense... and if you're taking that off anyway it'd be weird to leave just one ring on... but i never take my wedding ring off - sleep, shower, swim, etc... I'd be too afraid I'd lose it!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    random non preg related post... just curious. I see so many posts about rings not coming on or off or going back on in the morning etc... how many people take their rings off daily? I guess if you wear additional jewelry/ rings you're already taking off it makes sense... and if you're taking that off anyway it'd be weird to leave just one ring on... but i never take my wedding ring off - sleep, shower, swim, etc... I'd be too afraid I'd lose it!

I am not a big jewerly person... I wear my wedding rings and a ring my DH got me prior to that all the time... never take them off....
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Hello friends!

Had a great time camping, but had a bit of a falling out with my best friend. She made a comment infront of everyone at the fire about something I had said that basically made me feel humiliated. I don't think she realized what a big deal it was, until she said something to me about it later and I basically said "don't talk to me, you are pi$$ing me off!!" Her and her man went to bed shorly after that and I heard her crying about it to her man when I went to the bathroom... I felt kind of bad but she is the one who was rude to me in the first place. She did email me today to apologize though so that is good. I think usually it would not have bothered me but being pregnant does not help I guess.

We ran out of gas on the way home though!! It was sooo windy and hauling a 30ft trailer in extreme wind made us burn a ton of gas (we had a half a tank, and burned it all in less than 53 miles!). So that made for an interesting day.

Other than that had a great time, one of the couples we went with had their 20 month daughter with them and she kept us entertained. So darn cute!! And such a daddy's girl.

Anne- about the induction. Do what you feel is best for you, but I do feel like some of the others that trying the other things, like an IV, might make you feel better and are not as extreme. Given your situation (so sorry you have had to go through this for so long!) I would definitely be thinking about an induction as well. They think my baby is going to be really big and are talking early induction for me, and it is a hard thing to be faced with so I know what you are going through.

Steph- TWINS!!!! Oh my gosh that is sooooo exciting! Congratulations!

Rachael- Sorry you are not able to walk and stuff lately... it must be getting hard. Hoping for you that it gets better soon.

Mel- I used to keep my rings on 24/7, until my fingers started swelling around 20 weeks and they got really tight. I took them off so that they did not cause any problems/weren't uncomfortable, and I can't get them all the way on at this point. I am really hoping that I lose a lot of weight after the baby and can get them back on soon! I miss my engagement ring!

Ronya- That is actually pretty funny! I would have been a bit offended, but glad that his wife corrected him.

Katrina- Enjoy your day, sounds like it is off to a great start!

Julie- If it were me.... I would call in sick! My take on it is that I am replaceable to my employer. No matter how hard I work for them, how "above and beyond" I go, in the end they are worried about them and them only. So... I worry about me, and me only!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Rachel- glad you had a good time camping. I am sorry about the falling out with your friend. I am glad she realized that she was wrong and said sorry. It sounds like a big adventure on the way home (running out of gas and all :noway: ). I have done TONS of thinking about this (too much really) and I am hoping after talking to my dr. I will be as informed as possible. I really am interested to see if I am dilated or effaced at all in the next couple weeks because that could make a difference for me. I am going to see if my insurance would cover the IV's and discuss the option further with my dr. I am sorry that you are also facing the possibility of an early induction, did they tell you when they recommend?
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

I used to wear my wedding set all the time, never take it off. Then I took it in for a cleaning and found out I was seriously lucky I hadn't lost the diamond, as one prong was so worn down! I started taking it off at night. Then, when I started teaching, we bought a plain band that I wear most of the time (working with a bunch of 5 year olds can get really messy!). I don't bother taking of the plain band for shower, swimming, sleep, etc., but it's also, well, plain, and if it got ruined I wouldn't cry like I would over the set.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I don't wear other rings and I hardly wear any other jewelry at all, but I do take my wedding rings off daily. My engagement ring is an opal set between tanzanite & diamonds and I only wear it when I leave the house because I love it so much and I worry about it being fragile. I'm constantly washing my hands or doing dishes or doing other things that could be detrimental to it when I'm home so I always take it off when I get home (after I've already taken off my shoes & bra of course :laugh: :embarassed:). My wedding band is just cheap silver so I usually wear it by itself if I'm exercising at the gym or outside sweating a lot in public or whatever. I guess that's weird?
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Hmmm... I don't worry about losing the stone. I have to take it in every 6 months to be checked for the warranty, so I know it's not going to fall out. I pretty much only take if off for harsh chemicals or spray paint. It's just a solitaire though so pretty indestructible outside the white gold. And my wedding band cost about $20 so...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    About rings, I do take mine off to shower and swim but that is because mine is usually loose and I am too afraid to lose it. And I take it off to shower because I hate getting soap in my diamonds it's annoying to clean.

Rachel.. sorry about the instance with your friend. That is hard. I am glad that camping went well.