Fit For Future Families - July 2011

Options

Replies

• batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome Newbies!

Big congrats to you Steph! 4 weeks of - weigh in's is awesome.

Ash that must feel amazing fitting into size small keep up the good work. I don't think even at my lowest of 145 in HS i was even able to fit into a small ;)

God Bless- I'm hoping for a BFP for you soon. That would be so wonderful! only a few more days :)

Today has been crazy busy for me at work. It was 1130 before I even got breakfast and even then it was a quick tart on the way out the door. Bad choice but better then passing out because I had nothing else. Hope everyones day went well.

Good luck and loads of babydust!
    Amanda
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!!

And best of luck GBOH!! fingers crossed for you!!

AFM, watiing to get some blood work draw when AF decides to come visit so we can started the trial next month... DH is holding up hope for a BFP this month or next before the trial, he keeps having dreams that i am... so i guess we can just wait and see! thinking of you all!! Prayers for somce BFP's in the group this month!!!

<3

I hope his dreams are right! I have heard of a couple people that happened to either they or their spouse had repeatitive dreams about it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Ouch!!!

2011 SW: 241.8

Week 22: 232.0 lbs (+1.9lbs)
    Week 23: 231.5 lbs (-0.5lbs)
    Week 24: No Weigh In
    Week 25: No Weigh In
    Week 26: No Weigh In
    Week 27: 233.2 lbs (+1.7lbs)
    Week 28: 240.3 lbs (+7.1lbs)

I'm hoping its due to AF...and being really bloated and.....but I'm worried it's not so much that and more other things. I did really well with the water this week, but also had a bad weekend that I'm still working off. I've been uber tired and this heat isn't letting me get outside (asthma kicks in almost immediately) so I'm feeling a little hobbity....
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hugs Pam! I’m sure a lot of this is due to AF bloating and water retention from the heat! Keep it up with your water and exercise as much as you can, you will get over this hurdle!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Pam--I feel you on the weigh-in. I didn't enter mine the other day...I'll go do it just so I can hopefully see it go back down, but I was up almost 7 lbs.

Ash--SIZE SMALL!!! Way to go! I'm 5'2, and a pear if there ever was one...but I've never gotten to a small! Wear em proud for all of us! As for the Femara--I haven't had any luck with that and my doctors. OBGYN didn't want to prescribe it because it was an off-label use of the med, and Endocrinologist wants to try clomid if my "side effects" are not too bad--i.e. making me psychotic (techincally). I told her I'd follow her lead on the first cycle and then we'll talk more if I feel absolutely crazy.

Fingers crossed for all of you in the 2WW...and toes too!

I totally have not been logging my food. There, I said it. The upside--I'm on day two of getting up at an insane early hour to get in some exercising. This might not seem like a big deal, but it feels like it after being in a rut. Getting started is the hardest part sometimes. The philosophy towards exercise right now is "something is better than nothing", and hopefully the "something" will help me make better food choices. That seems to be my pattern. So even if I'm not exercising as intensely as I have sometimes, I"M DOING SOMETHING! And I didn't eat any ice-cream either. That's a good sign.

Still waiting for AF. I expect her today. Which would put my first treatment cycle appointment on Thursday...which is the same day that my husband told me he is supposed to be at an all day conference 2 hours away. (His boss asked him to go yesterday.) Lovely. He got the evil eye for that one...even if it wasn't his fault. I guess we can hope AF doesn't come until tomorrow, but if she doesn't, that would negate the last 15 months of cycle expereince, so we'll see. Stranger things have happened. Right now I'm just resigning myself to finding a sitter and going to the appt myself. BOO TO YOU, CONFERENCE!

Man, if this is my attitude without Clomid, the next few weeks could be very interesting....poor hubby.
  • christinaburns
    Options
    You are all absolutely inspirational! <3
  • dcg8r
    dcg8r Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm back. Pregnancy lasted 8 wks. Not sure what my body will do with these next few cycles, I'm charting and doing CBEFM OPK.

Stupid story of the month for me: The morning after the m/c began, I got up feeling great (still AF-like bleeding though) and decided (Yes I was out of my mind) that the very best thing for me would be to get back out there and get in shape. HA.ha. So I put on JM 30 day shred Level 2, pushed myself so hard. I was bedridden pretty much for the next week, in so much pain (I think the shred pushed me over the edge) and wasn't able to work out until another week after that. I'm pretty sure I was looking for a coping mechanism, the hormones were all over the place, but now I know exercise is not the correct outlet for that. :)

I have to go back and get caught-up with everyone, I wasn't here long in May/June and have now missed all of July. Hope all is well. Off to change my sig.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hello me wonderful ladies!

So many new faces! Best wishes to all of you!
    I've been extremely busy with my 4-week summer dance intensive with 140 kids representing 6 countries, all dancing 6-8 hours a day getting injured, sick and snotty. LOL So needless to say I have completely written this month off. I've just been trying to maintain the best I can. We are in the final week of the program (check out is Friday and Saturday) and I can't wait to get back to Zumba and eating right!

I finished my first round of clomid with minimal side effects. Now just waiting for the bid O. * fingers crossed * An April baby sounds wonderful :happy: well, I guess anytime would be good at this point. We have been officially been trying for a year and a half.

*Vent alert*
    Oh, and to top it all off, our renter is 3 months behind! The 7-day notice has been delivered as of last night. :explode: when she was only 2 months behind she made a payment plan/agreement with me and she couldn't even stick to her own plan!! Ugh!

K, sorry gotta get back to work! Miss you all! I'll be back very soon :flowerforyou:
  • abeare
    Options

Ash--SIZE SMALL!!! Way to go! I'm 5'2, and a pear if there ever was one...but I've never gotten to a small! Wear em proud for all of us! As for the Femara--I haven't had any luck with that and my doctors. OBGYN didn't want to prescribe it because it was an off-label use of the med, and Endocrinologist wants to try clomid if my "side effects" are not too bad--i.e. making me psychotic (techincally). I told her I'd follow her lead on the first cycle and then we'll talk more if I feel absolutely crazy.
    Karen it was a long time since I could wear a size small for a top! When I started this MFP journey I was wearing size large or X-L (if I wanted to make sure it wasn’t too tight on my skin) and my pant size was at 14. As of now I’m able to wear a small top and a 8-10 (depending on the store) pant size! My goal is actually to get back to the size I was for most of my early 20’s which was a 6, so I’m not too far, and being able to see that finish line has really motivated me. I’m going to a wedding this weekend and bought the perfect little black dress that makes me feel super thin and sexy, I plan on having a picture taken so that I can post my progress pic.
    So if I can do it, so can you!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    TTC TMI Warning - I need some help and advice

So at my last appt with the OB she told us she wanted us to have more sex - like multiple times per day around ovulation. More sperm = more chances of conception. Here's the problem - my husband can't really do that - every 24 hours is normally okay, every 36 hours is better. Not to mentioned when he gets himself psyched out (normally when I'm after him for extra sex he does well for a few days and then feels extra pressure).
    I know it only takes one time to get pregnant, but here we are after trying for so long and we're still not and I don't know what to do. We're really starting to consider IVF but DH wants to wait until our next OB appt in September to see what they say, which I agree with but at the same time I am tired of knowing it's not happening on our own and I just want to move forward. I want to be a mom and I'm tired of nothing happening.
    Does anyone have the same issue and/or advice on how to handle it?
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Hey Jalara, saw your post while I was lurking. Not to disagree with your doctor, but mine told me to start BDing every other day starting on CD 12 (I typically O on CD 15) and going through CD 18 so that we wouldn't get tired. I was the issue, not my DH. We'd do well going every day for about three days and then I'd lose steam. The cycle we finally caught the egg, we BDed every other day starting CD 10 through CD 18. If your DH can't go every day that might be good solution for you. If you've already tried that, disregard. I hope that helps!
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey Erica - how are you feeling these days?

We've already done that for many months, and it's just not working. Since hubby has 'super sperm' we're not concerned about BDing too much... we just can't.
  • epa422
    Options
    Well darn it! How many days past O do you BD? That was the other thing my doctor pointed out. That we were probably stopping too soon. Based on some research I did, the thermal shift can happen up to 36 hours before the egg is released.

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking! :-)
  • jalara
    Options
    Well darn it! How many days past O do you BD? That was the other thing my doctor pointed out. That we were probably stopping too soon. Based on some research I did, the thermal shift can happen up to 36 hours before the egg is released.

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking! :-)

Congrats on getting pregnant but please don't assume that I, and my doctor, know less than you. I have asked this to the GROUP in hopes of getting support and any tips people on here may have.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

So at my last appt with the OB she told us she wanted us to have more sex - like multiple times per day around ovulation. More sperm = more chances of conception. Here's the problem - my husband can't really do that - every 24 hours is normally okay, every 36 hours is better. Not to mentioned when he gets himself psyched out (normally when I'm after him for extra sex he does well for a few days and then feels extra pressure).
    I know it only takes one time to get pregnant, but here we are after trying for so long and we're still not and I don't know what to do. We're really starting to consider IVF but DH wants to wait until our next OB appt in September to see what they say, which I agree with but at the same time I am tired of knowing it's not happening on our own and I just want to move forward. I want to be a mom and I'm tired of nothing happening.

I dont' really have any advice but I wanted to say I know exactly how you're feeling. After about a year of TTC our first I was soo tired of the 'waiting' and nothing happening! I just wanted to feel like we were making progress; but all the BD in the world wasn't working for us. I just wanted to be pregnant! We finally got to see an RE and he said our best bet was IVF (mainly because of my age); but we tried other things first (IUI etc) with no luck. Hang in there! Sept will be here before you know it.
  • epa422
    Options
    I wasn't assuming that I know more and I'm very sorry that you were offended, Jalara.
  • abeare
    Options

You’re not alone! DH works really long hours and what’s worse is that his way of dealing with things is by NOT dealing with them. So I often feel like it’s all on me, I get up to take my temp, my prenatal, OPK, Robitussin (only now), and I’m the one to try to figure out how to get him to BD without him knowing its because its that time of the month. I actually broke down on him this past weekend because he told me he was going to his uncle’s place that night, and all that went through my head was “I just took cough medicine for nothing” because I knew that by the time he’d get home he’d be too tired to BD. The only way to describe it is that it’s tiring! I’m so tired of all of it, I’m tired of all the TTC thoughts that cross my mind everyday, I’m tired of every life decision I make to be based on a child I cant even seem to conceive, I’m tired of wanting to break down and cry every time I see a baby, I’m just tired.
    I wish I had some great advise, I know it’ll happen for you (& I) it’s the exhausting in between we need to figure out how to cope with. All I can do is offer you the peace of mind that you’re not the only one out there feeling this hopeless.
    Lots of hugs and all the baby dust in the world!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

You’re not alone! DH works really long hours and what’s worse is that his way of dealing with things is by NOT dealing with them. So I often feel like it’s all on me, I get up to take my temp, my prenatal, OPK, Robitussin (only now), and I’m the one to try to figure out how to get him to BD without him knowing its because its that time of the month. I actually broke down on him this past weekend because he told me he was going to his uncle’s place that night, and all that went through my head was “I just took cough medicine for nothing” because I knew that by the time he’d get home he’d be too tired to BD. The only way to describe it is that it’s tiring! I’m so tired of all of it, I’m tired of all the TTC thoughts that cross my mind everyday, I’m tired of every life decision I make to be based on a child I cant even seem to conceive, I’m tired of wanting to break down and cry every time I see a baby, I’m just tired.
    I wish I had some great advise, I know it’ll happen for you (& I) it’s the exhausting in between we need to figure out how to cope with. All I can do is offer you the peace of mind that you’re not the only one out there feeling this hopeless.

Honestly, you have completely just expressed the exact same way i feel!! Tired and frustrated!! I have not been trying as long as most people on this board, but i feel most of the same feelings at this point! It all is tiring! DH and i have been trying so hard, and his jokes is that i only want BD'ing when its that time, so i try to make it work more often, but i'm tired! i'm frustrated! and most of the time, i'm upset about hearing of another friend finding out she is preggers... I feel for you all, having been there, still being there! I wish there was some advice i could give, for all of us... but time is honestly the answer... I know that we will all have that baby in our arms, its just a matter of waiting it out... =/
  • jalara
    Options

Honestly, you have completely just expressed the exact same way i feel!! Tired and frustrated!! I have not been trying as long as most people on this board, but i feel most of the same feelings at this point! It all is tiring! DH and i have been trying so hard, and his jokes is that i only want BD'ing when its that time, so i try to make it work more often, but i'm tired! i'm frustrated! and most of the time, i'm upset about hearing of another friend finding out she is preggers... I feel for you all, having been there, still being there! I wish there was some advice i could give, for all of us... but time is honestly the answer... I know that we will all have that baby in our arms, its just a matter of waiting it out... =/

You two ladies have managed to express it much better than I could. Thank you for your support and know I am here for you.

Today has been a horrible day full of emotional upset and frustration, for all the reasons we've already said. There's a few things different about the way Canada's health system works that are pretty key for us right now. For example, to see an OB I had to be referred by my GP and appointments are normally 3 months (ish) apart due to patient volume (in Halifax we have the IWK children & woman's hospital that deals with everything baby related for NS and quite a few specialty things for the surrounding provinces).I can't just get a 2nd opinion because I have to be referred for that, and then wait 6 months or so until I have an appointment (new patients have a longer wait than current patients).
    I've been on Clomid for 6 cycles now, and I'm supposed to be on it for another one next month. I'm not monitored (because they don't do that here in NS) and they aren't doing anything else. I had blood work last month and I had to call and make sure my GP got the results and I am going in to find out what they are tomorrow, purely because I called in - no one is talking about it to me and wouldn't until my next scheduled OB appt on September 7th.
    I am so tired of not being pregnant, and I am so tired of wasting my time. And that's what it feels like - a waste of time. I feel as though we're just going through the motions so the doc can say she saw us for more than a year and send us off to pay for IUI or IVF. I'm so sick of it! Really really sick of it. What's the point? Why not just go to the reproductive clinic now. The last year was a waste of time and I thought I would be a mom by now, if not close to being a mom, but I'm no where near it.
    When they tried to correct my bicornuate uterus they found some mild endometriosis that they cleaned up and said I looked perfect inside. Well, if that were the case I would be pregnant, wouldn't I? No one knows if the endo has come back because no one has looked. No one knows what else could be wrong because no one has looked. I was put on fertility drugs and that was it (AFTER being on fertility drugs for months). At our last appt the OB didn't even care about my charts or temps and told me I didn't need to focus too much, because I was concerned about having a short luteal phase, and that everything was fine and she'd "see me pregnant in her office in September."
    I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown and my hands are tied because I'm the patient and the system here sucks *kitten*.

On an additional note - I want to let everyone here know that I am not normally as *itchy as I was with epa today, but she and I have bad negative history. I want to make sure everyone knows that this is a safe place for everyone and that I don't make a habit out of telling people off.
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    wow guys, been a lot going on here while I'm (still) struggling with my technical issues. Huge hugs to all, we're all going through similar frustrations and feelings of hopelessness about there being an end in sight. I wish I could make it better for you all but it helps me to know I'm not alone.

Hang on in there and be gentle with yourselves x