5'2" ladies?

Options

Replies

• alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 42 yrs with large frame. I started MFP March 16th weighing in at 183. Lost 23 pounds so far. My goal is 133, but I will re-evaluate as I get closer.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my original goal was 125, I hit that back in April, and changed my goal to 115. I'm 122 right now, still working on getting the fat in my lower section to be muscle or just gone! so we will see what 115 looks like :) will go smaller if my bottom half is still heavy looking.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    5'1" and my ultimate goal is 105-107lbs. However my first goal is 110lbs, 5lbs away but have been stuck for 3 months. It's just so hard to lose these last 10lbs!
  • Hermia76
    Hermia76 Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'3 (or probably 5'2.5. Ha Ha).

My goal is 125 but I may keep going..I think it depends on how I feel and how easily that will be to maintain. It's all about the long term for me.

I also think it is a good idea that some ladies (we usually are ladies at this height!) are quoting their age. It gets harder to maintain a low weight as we age and, in my opinion, when you are older a little bit extra weight (I do mean a bit) helps you look healthier. I am 35 by the way.

I think we are all to be applauded, as goodness knows, it's hard at this height. Speaking personally, a few extra pounds really show! :-(

Good luck to the OP and you all. xx
  • carinalewis
    Options
    im 5'2 and my aims 118................... long way to go yet but i did used to weigh a lot less than that!
  • midnightsukie
    midnightsukie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.2feeet and currently 151 pounds (on a good day!). My current goal is just 147 (half a stone goals at a time) as I seem to lose weight reallllllllllly slowly and at the moment anything would be good!
    Any other shorties struggling feel free to add me as a friend? :)
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and 5'2". My current weight is 112.8. My highest weight was between 173-175 when I was pregnant. I reached that weight with both pregnancies. After my last one seven years ago, I have been up and down on the scales getting down to 120s then back up to 150s and then settled around 130s for a long time. I found myfitnesspal at the end of January and using this site, Turbo Fire, running and P90X has gotten me to where I am. My original goal was 120 but as I lost the weight it had become less about the number on the scale and more about the measurements and the way I feel about how I look. I am pear shaped so still working on the bottom.
  • angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"....and my goal is 140.....but I would love to be in the 130s......not very realistic:)
  • MelisBee
    MelisBee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5" , I'm 23 and my goal weight is 130. I might reevaluate and go down to 125 once I hit that goal. It's less about the number and more about the way I feel once I get there. I'd like to be a size 4. I don't want to be tiny but I want to be healthy and smaller. I was 120 when I came to college and even though I've been as low as 110 I've never felt healthy (I couldn't run a mile or go up stairs without feeling winded). So I'm focusing more on health. Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other! =)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11"-5'0" and I'm 21 with a weight goal of 80-85 pounds. I'm around 90 right now but I mainly just want muscle and to get toned. Losing weight isn't bad but its also my last priority. I joined this site to learn how to eat better.
  • Amelda66
    Amelda66 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'0 and my goal is 105.
  • imperfection_is_beauty
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5'2 & currently at 220, and my heaviest. I am aiming for 150 and then lower. (: I'm just starting again and just joined myfitnesspal, hopefully this will be my last attempt! If anyone has any success stories, please feel free to write and tell me! I love reading peoples stories and would love some tips and maybe some routines that you've followed! Good luck to all and Happy 4th!
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    At this point my goal is just... to start losing. I am keeping within my calorie goal. Recording everything I eat. I even try to give a 300 calorie latitude in case i forget something like cream in my coffee or whatever.
    I exercise everyday and do weight training, but I just can't seem to break my platau and it's driving me nuts :(

I've been here for almost a month and no change in weight.

Your body may not be getting enough calories. 300 calorie latitude is a lot. I would go ahead and eat 200-250 of that for a couple weeks and see if you start losing then. And don't forget your water!
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 25 years old, am currently 178.4 pounds, and wearing a size 14. My goal right now is set at 155 which should get me into the size 10 range. Once I get there I will probably try to get myself into the "healthy" BMI range and go for 135.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    5'2". My goal is around 120, maybe 125. I mainly want to lose the pudge from my stomach.
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    good luck! im sure you can do it!!
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'0"
    Start weight: 143
    Goal 1: 120 - still feel heavy-ish and flabby, but looked better... kept going
    Goal 2: 100 - this AND a healthy work out routine, 3-4 times a week. We'll see how it looks
    Current weight: 109-ish (depending on time of day, lol)

BMI says I can go as low as 90lbs and still be "healthy", but I won't get there because I am trying to put on muscle now, which weighs more than fat.

What's interesting is that when I look in the mirror I feel chubby still. I really feel like I am still 130, but when I see pictures of myself, especially when they're near older pics I can see the difference and it makes me feel great!
  • themurph8910
    themurph8910 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'2" most days 5"3 on a good one. My current weight is 175 my first goal is 140 but want to work really hard to get down to 130. I've been on here for about a week now and love it all the support and actually seeing what i eat on a daily basis helps me keep myself in check. Friend me if you need support!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Im trying to get as close to 110 as possible.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2.5 and my starting goal was/is 130 but depending on how I feel when I get closer to that weight it may change. I think the lowest I would go is 120(if its possible). Im 28 yrs old.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!