5'2" ladies?

Options

Replies

• karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" eyes of blue and my goal is to weigh 140. Of course, to some of you that probably still sounds overweight. But, I think I must be big boned or something. 140 was how much I weighed before I got married in 1991. I would just like to not be considered "morbidly obese" right now.
    ONe day at a time. SLow and steady wins the race!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my first goal is 170..it sucks and i carry it all in my hips and *kitten* any other short girls have that issue??

Mine's more in my boobs and belly.
  • shells62682
    shells62682 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I started at 160 (Dec 2009). I reached my first goal a few weeks ago 135 (May 2011), and I am looking to lose maybe 10 more? I am not concentrating so much on the number at this point, but just getting stronger and doing more weights/cardio.

I fit into a size 4/6, and just cleaned my closet of all my size 10 stuff. Felt damn good.
  • wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 35 yrs old, mother of 2 active boys. I started at 180 and my goal is to get down to 140, it would be great to hit 127 (wedding weight) but not sure it looked really healthy. I was 150, 4 1/2 yrs ago when my youngest surprised us, and I felt really good. At this point losing is the main goal, No matter what! Feel free to friend me!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to stop in to tell you all..

I <3 short girls =D.

Just sayin!!

More seriously...I wish you guys the best success...you all will own this.
  • rachel_96
    rachel_96 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well, I'm 4'11" and my weight is 112 lbs, but I'd prefer to weigh anywhere from 90-95!
  • TracySalvatore
    Options
    I'm new here so just figuring out how to do this. I think my goal should be about 130 lbs. I'll never be 110 again at 40 and after 2 kids and that's ok, but i need to lose 50-60 lbs. If I could even get to 140 I'd be psyched.
  • KBrown16799
    Options
    I'm hoping to maintain when I reach 119/120 but I'm finding it so hard to lose the last 3lbs!

If I gain a couple of pounds I immediately see it in my face - not good.

I'm a skinny minnie from my face to my hips then BOOM haha.
  • jackrokal
    jackrokal Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal right now is set at 120. When I get closer, I might decide to lower it but I want to work on strengthening my muscles a bit so we'll see :)
  • Dmg114
    Dmg114 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"...5'2" on a good day! I am 169 right now and my goal is to fluctuate anywhere between 130-135! Feel free to add me if you have similar goals or are just looking for support! I know I could use some!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my first goal is 170..it sucks and i carry it all in my hips and *kitten* any other short girls have that issue??

Mine's more in my boobs and belly.

Mine too -- all in the middle. I have thick thighs but narrow hips, what's up with that?
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    My weight is all in my hips and thighs for the most part; and then there's my arms. I HATE my arms. I love my arm muscles, but the distribution of fat over them makes me look all lumpy because they're so short. Ugh!!
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I had a revelation this morning!!

For as long as I can remember I've always had to buy the "average" length pants. Although I'm only 5'1 3/4" (but who's counting), my legs have always been longer than most people my height, or so I thought. So with all the beautiful weather we've been having in CO, I've been wearing a lot capris not full length pants. So, its been a good month or more since I've had any pants other than jeans on. Today was a little cloudy so I go to put on pants, when suddenly, I realize after getting my shoes on too, that my pant legs are DRAGGING on the ground. :noway: Usually they are about a 1/4" above the floor with my shoes on. Then suddenly it dawned on me....My legs aren't really as long as I thought they were....it was all the fat in my hips that was bulging out the pant legs causing them to fall where they should be. Apparently I've lost enough bulge off my hips to now make my pant legs a full 1" hem too long!!!! While this is awesome that I've obviously lost some pudge, I'm actually rather sad to discover my legs really aren't "average" length and I may actually have to buy "short" length next time :sad:

Had to share here because I figure only those "shorter girls" on here would truly understand my WTH moment
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I am having the same wonderful problem.

For as long as I can remember I've always had to buy the "average" length pants. Although I'm only 5'1 3/4" (but who's counting), my legs have always been longer than most people my height, or so I thought. So with all the beautiful weather we've been having in CO, I've been wearing a lot capris not full length pants. So, its been a good month or more since I've had any pants other than jeans on. Today was a little cloudy so I go to put on pants, when suddenly, I realize after getting my shoes on too, that my pant legs are DRAGGING on the ground. :noway: Usually they are about a 1/4" above the floor with my shoes on. Then suddenly it dawned on me....My legs aren't really as long as I thought they were....it was all the fat in my hips that was bulging out the pant legs causing them to fall where they should be. Apparently I've lost enough bulge off my hips to now make my pant legs a full 1" hem too long!!!! While this is awesome that I've obviously lost some pudge, I'm actually rather sad to discover my legs really aren't "average" length and I may actually have to buy "short" length next time :sad:

Had to share here because I figure only those "shorter girls" on here would truly understand my WTH moment
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to stop in to tell you all..

I <3 short girls =D.

Just sayin!!

More seriously...I wish you guys the best success...you all will own this.

:)
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 19 years old. In high school I was a size 9-11 and weighed around 150. After getting married I packed on the lbs and got to 188 and a size 14-15 :frown: Now I'm down to 175! I mostly have a size goal in mind rather than a weight goal. I have a big frame and huge hip bones. I would like to be down to a size 7-8 which would probably put me at around 145-155. This is still technically overweight, but I don't care. Even now I am considered obese, yet I am strong, eat healthy and have excellent blood pressure and cholesterol. Plus, I think my husband would die if I lost too much of my body! He's so weird in the fact that he hates a body smaller than a size 8! Lol. Anyway these are my goals and many women will want to be smaller, I just want to be happy :)
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    YAY for the shorties :)
    I'm 5' even (ok maybe a little under but close enough to even). My goal is around 115, but will reassess as I get closer (a little over 50 pounds to hit my goal). I havent been lower then the high 150's since high school, I was 225 at my highest and 215 when I started MFP. I'm 32 years old.
  • CowkittyXD
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and trying to really dedicate myself to reaching my goal weight of 125lbs by September. I'm 29 with a curvy/hourglass figure. All of my weight seems to be in my hips, tummy, and bust, so it's tough-- I should probably be wearing smaller sizes with my current weight, but my proportions don't play well with most clothing cuts. :) Though, I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but I did fit into a size 8 dress at Urban Outfitters this week. Bizarro world!

Height: 5'2

SW: 139lbs
    Chest: 30
    Bust: 36DD
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 40
    Size: Dresses - large/12, pants: 13, shirts - large

CW: 134.5lbs
    Chest: ?
    Bust: 36DD
    Waist: 30
    Hips: 39
    Size: Dresses - medium/10, pants - Between 11 & 13, shirts - medium
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options

Disappointing, isn't it? :/

I used to try to wear average length pants by cutting them off at the bottom... But now that's not in style anymore, so I have to wear petites and be honest with myself, lol.

Being short is not a curse though. I'm single and I always tell myself, "Hey, I can have guys of any height, and it won't matter what size heel I wear!" :bigsmile: lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!