Options
    Cool idea! Here's mine:

Age 32
    Sex F
    Height 5'5"
    Weight 107
    Body fat (US navy method) 18.1%
    Daily calories 1370
    No goal weight or BF%, I'm on for maintenance and calorie tracking only.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon, I'd be curious to know the results to this as well. I'm ONLY looking to lower body fat % (aren't we all?) and not weight, I actually am looking to gain about 6 more lbs or so in lbm. So with that said here's my numbers.

CW: 179 or so
    Body fat%: (bod pod) 11.5%
    goal weight: 185
    daily calories: 2710
    Goal body fat %: 9%

can you give a little more description of your methods, control groups...etc. If there's enough control this could qualify as a real study and maybe be something you could have others get in on (if that's interesting to you).

Currently, my spreadsheet is rather simple (basically laid out with this information). I plan on having an indicator to on which bf% are using the Navy method as opposed to using body fat calipers. Next, i will compare the difference between men and woman using the the below chart. I will probably do some statistical analysis to determine what is the average calorie needs based on LBM and the try to runrate it by each percent increase or 10 lb increase in LBM. As I work through this (hopefully start this weekend), I will develop some more parameters and controls.

In reality, I want to be able to prove to people that eat your alloted calories is important and once again disprove the thought that eating less will make you lose more. Unfortunately, I need to start getting response from those who are 50-100 lbs or more overweight as well as those who are 20 or less lbs overweight.

http://www.builtlean.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart3.jpg
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm definitely interested....

Sex: F
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 147lb
    Body fat: 24.6%
    Daily calories: ballpark 1500 (after eating exercise calories)
    Goal Weight: 130
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Sex: M
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 169lb
    Body fat: 7.8% Using that navy circumference method, which seems pretty reasonable, based on my appearance
    Daily calories: 2200 + exercise cals (I run a lot)

I've been in maintenence mode for a few months. I am happy with this BF%
  • fergalizcious
    Options
    Height 5'8"
    Weight: 182
    Body Fat %: 24.8% (based on caliper) 31% based on Navy method - This measurment is off because of my hip measurement, which is 42" I have virtually no fat on my hips, but they are naturally wide and my butt is big (but very muscular - i was built with a very round posterior) and even when I weighed 135 pounds, I still had a hip measurement of 38-39" (waist at 27"). All that to say, go with the caliper.
    Daily calories: 1220 (1600-1700 with exercise cals)
    Goal BF %: 15-20%
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sex: f
    Height: 5'1
    Weight: 126
    Body fat: dont know...
    Daily calories: 1200-1600 depending on my exercise amount for the day.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 140.6
    Body Fat : 24.3% (Navy method)
    Daily Calories: 1200 days w/o exercise, 1500 or so on days with exercise

And I have no idea what BF goal is realistic or even desirable, but I don't need to look like a female bodybuilder. I like people to see that I have muscles, sure, but not every fiber. ;)
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Body Fat : 32% (scales)
    Daily Calories: 1600
    Weight: 130lbs
    Height: 5'5

BF Goal (optional): 25%

I'm dubious as to the accuracy of the scales looking at my weight/height/body fat compared to other peoples but as I don't have access to a different set of scales to compare I'll just stick to that figure :)
  • sjhoffman
    sjhoffman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weight: 151
    Body Fat: 37%
    Daily Calories: average about 1350 net after exercise
    BF Goal: 28%
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    BTW - where does the 1.725 come in that you multiplied the 2000 calories with?

Nevermind! I found it
  • psuLemon
    Options

And I have no idea what BF goal is realistic or even desirable, but I don't need to look like a female bodybuilder. I like people to see that I have muscles, sure, but not every fiber. ;)

Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart3.jpg
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 140#
    Body fat: 19% according to the Navy circumference method....and 20% according to a caliper test at my gym 3 mos. ago
    Daily calories: 1730 + exercise calories
    I'm pretty happy with my body fat %
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart3.jpg

Thanks! And for those who couldn't see the chart, here's the link: http://www.builtlean.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart3.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for participating. I am collecting some great information. Can't wait to get more!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    This is interesting, how can you prove eating more is good without knowing if people are being successful at their weight loss bid? Maybe they can't lose at the amount they're eating? Anyway, here's mine:

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 125
    Body Fat: 20.9 navy, 18 digital calipers (but done myself)
    Calories: was doing 1300 + exercise cals but not losing, trying 1400 straight without exercise cals currently

Goal body fat is a real 18% or whatever % i can see the 3 lines in my abs in any light :tongue:
  • psuLemon
    Options
    This is interesting, how can you prove eating more is good without knowing if people are being successful at their weight loss bid? Maybe they can't lose at the amount they're eating? Anyway, here's mine:

Height: 5'3
    Weight: 125
    Body Fat: 20.9 navy, 18 digital calipers (but done myself)
    Calories: was doing 1300 + exercise cals but not losing, trying 1400 straight without exercise cals currently

Goal body fat is a real 18% or whatever % i can see the 3 lines in my abs in any light :tongue:

Thanks.

My goal truely is to be able to show people there is NO reason why you shouldn't eat your exercise calories and if you want to be successful, then you should follow successful people. Now this isn't to say that if you aren't very low body fat, then you aren't success because anything to make you healthier is great but I can't remember how often I hear, I want to look like this person or that person, but they don't realize that most hollywood people that have that great look, workout constantly.
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    Awesome. Here is my info

Age 26
    Sex M
    Height 5'8"
    Weight 145
    Body fat (US navy method) 12.1%
    Daily calories 1960
    I'm on for maintenance

Thanks
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanks Mateo.

People, keep the information coming. I would love to collect more data. If you don't know your BF%, please use the below link to estimate it.

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Morning bump for more data collection.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Still looking to collect more data. I highly encourage everyone to provide information. I am truely trying to just collect data to show people the difference between people with low bf vs high bf and how they train & eat. Below is some good information on BF% and chosing the right BF goal for your body. Also, the navy calculator if you don't have calipers.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html